AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.2 (13.250.18.00 November 7)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Nov 8, 2013.

1. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    DX errors and such occurring in BF4 is due to the broken game, not drivers. The exact same bugs were in BF3 aswell. DICE has to fix the game, drivers are not going to help there.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Uninstall anything that interacts with the GPU. This would include MSI Afterburner, RadeonPro, RivaTuner, ATI Tray Tools, etc. Then uninstall the driver (do try DDU). Then install the new driver.

3. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    Exactly, uninstall driver directly with DDU. It worked for me after a period of 4 beta drivers full of crashes.

I still try to figure out what makes the difference between DDU direct and save mode.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    dxdiag still doesn't show 11.2 support....but i can see "Tiled Resources" checked inside AIDA64 directx tab...
    but a question: is it really enough or should unistall AMD software too? I haven't noticed if after DDU AMD is still present into the installed programs list to unistall...
    ...or also use a regcleaner?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    There are a lot of libraries that dont load in safe mode. Also, access to cerain system resources is limited.

Monkeying around in there isnt a good idea unless you have no other choice.

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think it is enough for just using DDU, except you are trying to clean up a laptop driver that using Enduro/Optimus, which is not supported yet.:)

And yes, "Tiled Resources" checked means dx11.2 supported, Nvidia card also showing like this, there are really no dx11.2 feature level as the Tiled Resources are optional. ;)

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, its enough,

it cleans out everything, including the registry.

8. h220wnzj00

h220wnzj00 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Dual-X
    Getting more frequent hard crashes in BF4 with these compared to the beta 8's. Screen just freezes (audio keeps going). Can't ctl+alt+del out and I'm forced to reboot every time this happens. Anyone else getting this?

9. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    As like many of you have reported, 13.11b9.2 is crap and fixes absolutely nothing as stated by AMD. In fact, I get horrible screen shake if I start a game with v-sync enabled and even disabling during 2d scenes (load screens, options menu) I get slight jitter. WTF!!

I uninstalled using AMD's utility, rebooted and ran Driver fusion and CCleaner, rebooted and installed 13.11b9.2 with no errors; nothing was left behind before the new drivers were installed.

BF4: Runs at 117fps with maxed out settings at 1920x1200, with v-sync enabled I have to still disable frame pacing in CCC. However, screen tearing has been reduced. Booyah??

COD Ghosts: Complete unplayable crap. I mean the performance, not the game although taking 5 minutes to load a level/scene from an SSD EVERY TIME I change the gfx settings is unacceptable! Have no clue what FPS Ghosts is running at because it is 64-bit and RivaTuner and GPU tweak utilities are only 32-bit. What I do know is that no matter the settings I have tried I am not hitting 60fps.

Update: I used DDU to re-uninstall and then installed 13.11b9.2 and everything runs AWESOME!! Max settings and V-sync and it never dips below 60fps in COD Ghosts!!
    :banana:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  10. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I Just played Battlefield 4 campaign through with these drivers and everything was smooth and nice. Crossfire scaling was about 75-95% and FPS between 60-140(120Hz monitor) depending on scene. I was using Ultra settings and SweetFX 1.5 to add little a bit more saturation, sharpening and contrast. I liked the crossfire performance and the game itself very much. :)

11. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Same here but its the game not the driver. The game (the multiplayer component) its a TOTAL MESS. If you have a overclocked CPU (even if is stable)try lower the mhz and see if it helps. For me lowering 100 mhz get rid of some of the crashes and I dont have any freezes anymore.

12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    This is simply not true.
    I get many registry faults when running ccleaner afterwards. With atimanuninstaller just 2.
    Not to say ddu isn't good, but it leaves many leftover registry entries, many.
    In windows 7.

13. GranPez

GranPez Guest

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Yes, 13.11 Beta 1 = Memory Clock stuck

Thanks, 13.10 beta 2 works fine.

Edit: 13.10 beta 2 = crash when the computer is idle :bang:

Roll back to 13.4

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

This driver does not like Battlefield 4 very much, or is it this opposite, I don't know?

15. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    reading comprehension failed ?

if you read about my 1st BSOD, then you would know that on 13.11 beta 6, everything ran fine, no BSOD.

besides my windows installation are still quite fresh, around 2 1/2 months, after the latest win reinstall.

so if you don't know anything, don't go randomly telling people to reinstall windows.

besides you got any proof that reinstalling windows will stop the BSOD caused by the installation of 13.11 beta 9.2 ?

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    While reinstalling Windows may be a bit extreme, he may actually be right. There are thousands of possible hardware configurations. As such, it's always possible for people to have different experiences with different drivers.

17. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    Argghhhh 13.11 bring me the 2nd GPU bug with 99% usage !!!!

CF HD7970

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    :stewpid: oh ok, so the 270x & 280x dont exist now? it's identical support to 7870 & 7970, except they're mostly optimized already other than new game/engine releases

since when does every driver have to be a magical performance boost anyway? let's also ignore the huge amount of things that go undocumented in the public release notes

i have relatively good news... i saw a 680 user on TPU with those exact artifacts, you can stop blaming the drivers now :banana:

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    COD: Ghosts have worked fine so far with beta 8 and now beta 9.2, MSAA (Using x2 at the moment.) still messes up performance (9.2 didn't make that much of a difference.) but I've not had any actual errors with the game yet, nearly done with the campaign. :)

Might be time to do a clean driver install (DDU is working pretty well now it seems.) once the 14.1 drivers come out just because, speaking of those it will be interesting to see what the next driver will deliver, besides Mantle support I guess. :p
    (Maybe it's already supported for all I know.)

20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I must say, after the codghost newest Update and this beta9.2 drivers the performance is good. Not Great but good.
    And why are you use MSAA if there is the SMAA?
    SMAA is much better quality/performance compare to MSAA and other AA.