AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.2 (13.250.18.00 November 7)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Nov 8, 2013.

1. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    @boombastik : report to AMD, there's a link in another thread, i also have reported my BSOD to AMD.

2. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Black screen during install?

If so make sure Afterburner isn't running during the driver install and if you have overclocks set by afterburner make sure they are reset.

I've stopped using it for the same issue.

3. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    @kitch : i also have afterburner installed, but only for the OSD, never used it to OC GPU, but i never exited afterburner when i installed a new driver, never have to do that.

4. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    It took me ages to figure out what was causing my black screen and hard lock during driver install, turns out having afterburner running was causing it.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Same, but mine continued into running the driver, not just install, looks like there is some compatibility between 13.11 bx and AB / RTSS

6. llPersianll

llPersianll Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    guys plz help me ...
    i have been facing to this issue for 2 years ...
    i have hp dv6 6090se with intel HD 3000+6770 (6700M) ..
    any AMD Catalyst driver can't to install catalyst control center ( for switching graphics ) unless i to download old package from hp site ...
    i look leshcatlabs for new one but leshcat is sleep for many weeks ....
    mnay notebooks with damn AMD chips has the issues ...
    everything is installed except catalyst control center ...
    just it install with hp old package ...
    i really get tired ...
    1000X damn to AMD ...
    never buy AMD in whole my life ....never

7. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Try this driver:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383299

Intel MOD

Also uninstall your driver with DDU

Link: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

8. llPersianll

llPersianll Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
  9. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    @persian :
    both AMD and Nvidia uninstaller never cleanly uninstall the driver,

that's where DDU and other driver uninstaller came in, i used DDU around 5 times now,

and its better than the rest of the uninstaller, and its fast, like 1 min fast,

and yeah use the safe mode, to use DDU,

because in normal mode, some files or registry might still be locked up by windows,

that's why it needs to be ran on safe mode,

because safe mode doesn't lock anything, i wonder why MS called it safe mode,

instead of debug mode, because debug mode is more fitting rather than safe mode.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  10. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    These drivers aren't ready for the primetime if you are a Crossfire and V Sync user at all. Beta 8 is smooth with V Sync on and these feel like the drivers are struggling with the V Sync and stutter is introduced across every game I've tried.

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    had a 2nd BSOD, i was watching this week Walking Dead episode on MPC, and suddenly BSOD (for the record, i didn't like walking dead, for me its boring, its more like a soap opera rather than zombie survival, and i downloaded it for my sis, and she is to scared to watch it alone, so i had to accompany her, each and every time she want to watch it).

i wonder if i have a 3rd BSOD, whether i should go back to beta 6 or not, since its a lot stable than beta 9.2, but i haven't experienced what improvement 9.2 brings, other than BSOD.

12. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hmm, I'm experiencing the jumping video anomaly some users were reporting in the previous drivers, in this driver; it didn't happen until 13.11 beta 8, or at least I hadn't noticed it but now it's obvious while watching videos with madVR especially if exclusive mode is not enabled. :(

Edit: If I remember correctly, the version of the driver included in v13.11 beta 9.2 during installation was the same as v13.11 beta 8 and only CCC and some other stuff were updated; I believe this issue must have something to do with CCC rather than the driver itself.

13. llPersianll

llPersianll Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    @DM789 :
    i got 2 times blue screen when restart after installation !
    anybody can explain me why AMD can't make a nice driver like nVidia ?
    i am gonna send my laptop to trash can for ****ing AMD chip !
    every time crash every time blue screen / into the bf3 i have driver has stopp/ getdeviceremovedreason / and ..........
    hope AMD go to **** ...

14. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    I did exactly what "The Mac" told me on page 4 and it's fricking working.

I don't know what the different is, but uninstalling present driver directly with DDU seem to solve my problem. You guys with BSOD should give it a try, especially you on 7790.

Thanks The Mac, you're my hero :).

15. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    It's not the driver it's your computer. Reinstall windows.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep I did this before and left afterburner running WITH my overclock still applied. Once I rebooted after driver install Afterburner reported my GPU clocks speed as 500MHz and memory as 600MHz. Resetting them works, but sometimes can cause issues when playing games.

Best thing to do is revert back to stock clocks, and disable Afterburner from running. I have it start when windows does I also turn that off as well and restart it after driver install and reboot is complete.

17. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    I just noticed that my VGA's clocks go up to 500/625 instead of the default 1000/1250 in 3D mode, or at least when watching videos with madVR (gpu accelerated), so I forced the default clocks via MSI Afterburner and the video stopped "jumping"...

18. llPersianll

llPersianll Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    despoiler my os is super perfection ...
    this problem has been happening for 2 years not today !

19. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Yes, I went to test mode.

It's the same as windows but just for testing, you can disable it after the driver installation.

Sorry for the late response.

20. maybe you should try some of the suggestions the guys here are giving you Persian? coz using the DDU is a sure way to find out for sure if it really is amds issue or if its something to do with your perfect OS.

Give DDU a try man, it's working wonders for AMD related issues left, right and centre. You'll never know until you try. Do you want this issue to continue for another 2 years? coz that's exactly what's going to happen if you don't try any of the suggestions to potentially fix it.