AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA8 (13.250.18.0 October 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    wow can you get anymore cryptic....

2. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    "@CatalystCreator @AMDRadeon 6850/6870 Users have serious problems with COD: Ghosts. Game crashes @ 1-2 minutes of playing."

3. zaczac

zaczac Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 16GB
    now I know why I avoid forums like this, it originally said tomorrow, I guess he changed it and I never noticed.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That says this week, not tomorrow

5. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    I don't understand why the game development companies can't work more hand-in-hand with the GPU companies during the development phase of the game(s). Why can't these game issues be ironed out in the development phase? It would be utmost mutually beneficial for both sides to do such, as it's hassle against both when games are all but borked for 2-3 weeks after launch, while driver madness and game glitches are ironed out.

What do you use sweetfx for? Are you using some type of post-processing anti-aliasing, or are you just changing colors/saturation/contrast?

I've been curious about using Sweetfx for games myself, but if it's just "tweaking" colors and saturation, it's more work than worth the effort. But if there are some actual performance benefits to be had, like via anti-aliasing, then I think I should perhaps step on board and try 'er out.

6. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    They will be released the second the 780ti hits the ground. There is a reason for the delay.

7. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Offtopic:

I use SweetFX for sharpening the image and change color/saturation/contrast. There's like 30 different parameters to change but I found out that basic config file is just fine in my needs. Basically I just put the SweetFX files into game directory and change the sweetfx config file a bit(usually I change vibrance parameter to 0.25-0.45 depending a game).

8. ivanfwc

ivanfwc New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 760 2GB
    it happen to me too :(
    i just installed cod ghost, and keep on freeze then video driver has stopped and recover successfully :(

9. mordan

mordan Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080SC ACX3
    This is kinda stupid... I'm still on the 13.4 drivers on my Asus A52Jr Notebook cause with 13.9 and all the betas my Notebooks screen stays black. If I connect and HDMI cable to my port I get the image on my TV. All the times I tried to update I uninstalled using the AMD Express Uninstaller and then Driver Sweeper.... I mean what the hell? Any ideas?

10. ehsancgfx

ehsancgfx Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 560GTX & ATI 6770m
    ok here is a confirmation ...

Switchable graphics is Working in this version on my Hp Dv6 corei7 laptop with HD 6770M graphics card. but when i select ATI card and then i restart the pc while ati crd is selected as the primary graphics card , the display dims down to the lowest . i have to then again switch to intel HD 3000 graphics and then it becomes normal again. can you fix this small issue. other than this its great

11. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    infact i wrote to AMD but i think that many of us should do it to complain...
    in my opinion not only you're right about the development phase but at least they could make always easier to do the drivers update. Maybe a different routine...something like a notification win-update style, so you can choose to automatically update the needed files or manually or not...e.g. a batch which does all on its own and if needed reboots, to save much time...to me is boring to uninstall and reinstall properly every time...
    If that's a Windows OS restriction about drivers is really bad and they should speak with Microsoft about this ASAP, 'cause would be a restriction which doesn't allow a high-level programming and that all users and GPUs owners can benefit from the improvements without complaining and flood the forums...

12. dendzo

dendzo Guest

Same here... hd6850

13. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    anyone else with a slight flickering in Unreal Engine games using this drivers and crossfire ?

14. tiner

tiner Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    The same here!!

With a dv6 with an I3 and 6770m.

15. tiner

tiner Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    Are you facing the directx issue with this driver relase in BF4?

I have tested a lot of drivers in windows 8.1, but with all of them battlefield crashes with that directx error.

Is there any fix for it? I have searched a lot but no answers or fixes for this issue...

http://i.imgur.com/E1FbERX.jpg

I mean, this issue.

16. tiner

tiner Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    Sorry, I have posted the post twice.

17. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    I get some serious texture and smoke flickering on BF4. Crossfire disabled, it goes away. Crossfire enabled, with Frame pacing disabled, its horrendous and I've got textures going crazy everywhere. Frame pacing enabled, its better but I still get flickering, mostly on distant terrain. Its also intermittent

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    do you get flickers in bf4 with vsync on?

19. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Try to uninstall with DDU.

Uninstaller link: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

Credits to Wagnard and the DDU team.

20. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    no, but then I get mouse lag.