SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Nope,sorry. I don't have the game. And it's not the type of game i like anyways.

Any SweetFX version should work with Battlefield 4. Just not on Win 8.1 .
    FXAA should work on Win 8.1 though. But only with Crosires new Injector.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    Thanks for quick reply. So this works with windows 8 and 64 bit battlefield 4? That's what I'm using right now.

3. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I don't know if Win 8 works with any SweetFX. Crosires injector will though. But only FXAA and some other shaders. The most aren't updated for DX11 yet.

4. robbyrobby

robbyrobby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670 2GB OC
    I'm sorry if this is too off topic.

I noticed while live-********* today that the settings of SweetFX doesn't apply to the video. Although i understand that this clearly isn't what SFX was meant to do, i did find it surprising as i thought that *********/recording programs such as Open Broadcasting Software recorded games exactly as they appear on the screen.

As this apparently isn't the case when it comes to SFX's lil' tweaks, i'd like to ask if anyone know of any other software like SFX that does similar things but that affect live-*********. Some sort of live x264 encoder-filter or something?

Edit: Why the heck is the word s t r e a m i n g censored in this forum?

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I may have broken something in the progress of implementing SMAA. Or the shaders aren't getting the framebuffer in the right format - They need RGB values between 0.0 and 1.0 (_UNORM), but they might be getting values from -1.0 to 1.0 (_SNORM) or sRGB (_SRGB)

It's an alpha and it's changing all the time.

BTW if there are other games you see this in, please let me know. I need to test this and it's easier to do when I own the game in question.
    Do you see this with BF3 ? - I own that.

The additional curve formulas work .. as in .. they do something useful - but they don't work as in they do what I wanted them to do.
    I wanted to replicate the bezier curves from photoshops (and GIMPs) Curves tool, but they do not give the correct output.
    Which is why they have not been made "official"

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    guys, just a quick one, is SweetFX w8.1 support being worked on? would love to be able to enable SweetFX with BF4 under w8.1

7. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    This should be written in big, bold letters on the main page, not sure how many times this is asked per page....

Yes and it's already available, just scroll up a little :)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    love you man, off to find it :)

can't find how to do it.

9. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just a very tiny list of posts from the last three pages. Should be easy to find actually.

10. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI

11. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yeah, sorry. I totally forgot about that :D

There isn't any hit if you're using SoftTH. You're just telling the game you can use 6000x3000 for example. You can only use this resolution in window mode though.
    Also, your window will be 6000x3000 pixels big so you have to "downsample" this window. I'm using SRWE for this.

The problem with SRWE is that the quality will be pretty bad. At least not the quality you'd expect from 6000x3000 to 1920x960.
    You'll get a lot of aliasing from SRWE's resize thing. But it's software, not hardware "downsampling". So it's not that good if you really want to play a game without aliasing.

I just use it to get high resolution screenshots of games.

12. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thanks for the reply. And it makes sense now, SoftTH creates the res but you still need to downsample it somehow. Hmm, doesn't sound like SRWE is ideal but at least it works.

Have you tried SSAA Tool by ToMMTi? I used to use this in Windows 7, but it's not compatible with Windows 8 (and the author hasn't updated it). SSAA Tool works a bit like SweetFX, but hooks in directly via a driver. It provides downsampling (you simply specify the scaling) as well as other features like forced triple-buffering (since you can't get this with DX games via the drivers unless the game implements TB itself).

You've probably already heard of it but if not dl is here: http://www.tommti-systems.de/temp/SSAA_Tool.rar.

The irony is I used to use it to force TB in games for smoothness before I understood the advantages of downsampling, but by then I had moved to Windows 8. The monitor profile method of downsampling doesn't work well for me -- I have a 30" 2560x1600 monitor and it can barely do 1.2x before it craps out :/

13. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    In one of my previous posts I was exactly talking about the same thing. CeeJay told me to check out HiAlgoBoost. I already know about it, and its primary concern is performance not quality. I think it's possible to do quality software rescaling via various algorithms. I think SRWE uses nearest-neighbor interpolation -which is ugly- as default. Something similar but with higher quality could be done just using Lanczos, Catmull-Rom interpolation algorithms.

I think NVIDIA uses bilinear interpolation when rescaling the image in full-screen mode. This is why it's all blurry. I don't understand why nobody uses higher quality algorithms, really. Because seriously Nearest Neighbor is the most stupid and most ugly thing I have ever seen. And Bilinear interpolation is like NN's cousin. You don't get aliasing but you lose all the details.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    K-putt, are you working on a COD Ghosts Sweetfx preset?

15. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I want to make one, but my PC gives me a bluescreen if i change the graphics to extra :(

16. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I am really confused about SweetFX and Win 8.1 on DX11

The only working version right now is Radeon Pro with SweetFX 1.4?

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i noticed just now too, it happens cause of SweetFX.

18. xvt

xvt Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    I'm not able to apply any effects other than FXAA using the FXAA's d3d9.dll on SweetFX 1.5.1.
    Other than overwriting the file in the game's executable folder, am I missing something? I've searched this and the last topic before asking, can't find a thing about it.

TIA

19. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Still waiting for a working SweetFX Win 8.1 DX11 version....

20. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Dude, give them some time... They do it with their free time. And they don't get paid for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.