ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jojic88

jojic88 Guest

GPU:
    amd,4650,1gb
    switcher?

which switcher should l use for Battlefield 3, PES 13, FIFA 14.....I have ATI mobility 4650? Tnx

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The driver should already be setup for BF3 Via the Default Switcher, however you can also Try A and B Perf C and D is more of a last resort but they should also have an effect on performance. (More so than A and B)

3. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    Ah, okay! So I first install the non-UPD Build, run both Cleaners included in the Dx9 Switcher Folder and then the UPD Build?

4. SmashDML

SmashDML Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 (crossfire 2x)
    Any green screen (DXVA) fixes for a HD4870?
    Tried all legacy profiles with GPU restarts.

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    No, the UPD build works with any driver, so just install any working driver then attempt to upgrade it via the UPD Build.

Which build are you using for the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver?

6. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    Ok, I installed the last supported driver from the ASUS website. Then I run the 2 cleaners included in the Dx9 Switcher folder from the UDP-Build. Then I installed the driver via the catalyst setup. But as soon as it installs the display driver, it deactivates the aero-effect.

7. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok, can you provide me with the information listed in device manager?
    What state is your driver in when viewing it via device manager.

Also did you try restarting your PC after the driver get's installed?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  8. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    Not sure if you can help me with this, but I can't get my second screen to work via HDMI. I've got a DVI>HDMI block on there, but nothing happens.

When I use a DVI>VGA block it works fine. Any idea?

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    What signal is your monitor and what signal is your Graphic Card?
    List the signals that your Graphic Card support.

AMD Radeon HD 5570
    Supports HDMI
    Supports DVI

Monitor
    Supports VGA Only

10. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    No idea what signal my 4850's support?

I'm using a DVI cable on my DELL monitor. I've used DVI>HDMI before on my Samsung monitor. I now tried to use DVI>HDMI on my LG monitor, which didn't work. DVI>VGA works fine.

I have two DVI outputs. Is it true that my second card doesn't display anything? Do I have to disable Crossfire for that, or take off the bridge?

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I can't quite say as I've never used a Crossfire setup before. If you are trying to connect Multiple Displays you may want try limiting it to One GPU then attempt extending or swapping between displays using Windows display settins.

You can also try using Catalyst Control center to do this.

12. SmashDML

SmashDML Guest

GPU:

11.10.6.5 with the latest switcher beta, but i've been using other builds in the past and as far as I can remember it always gave me a green screen. :bang: Otherwise it's a great modded driver!

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    One Green Screen bug that never went away for Legacy Users is when user attempts to play UltraHD Videos in Firefox. When do Green Screens occur for you?

The Workaround for that would be using the xFireFox Flash GPU Acceleration Switcher. Then restart Firefox.

14. SmashDML

SmashDML Guest

GPU:
    It's not firefox related in my case. I have it when I enable DXVA in XBMC, Youtube in IE10 (can't disable hardware acceleration in IE10 flash), WMP when playing MKV (h264) files.

15. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Getting a green screen without a crash playing UltraHD on 4K non supported legacy hardware is considered extremely lucky.

Most times it results in a 0x116 TDR, at least under Win 7.

Except under Windows XP and certain select legacy drivers where UltraHD works without issue with no BSODs, and no green screens because there are a few isolated drivers where proper CPU fallback actually works. :)

What NVidia drivers do in this case if it can't play a 4K video on old GPU cards, is switch to a CPU only decoding failsafe fallback.

What AMD legacy drivers do in this case is try to play it on a GPU that doesn't support the required 4K resolution size and bomb without effecting any CPU fallback.

We know that the hardware doesn't support this size of anything ova 2Kx2K resolution for RV770, but the CPU does as evidenced by how the NVidia drivers behave on older GPU's that don't support this size either, or by Catalyst older than 9.11 before GPU accelerated flash support was introduced.

That's why 4K UltraHD video playback remains broken and a problem, and didn't ever "go away"...unless you're an Nvidia user.

...because the drivers aren't smart enough to figure out they should offload decoding to the CPU for streams they cannot possibly play ! :)

16. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    I did a restart right after installing the driver. Everything looks normal in the device manager. No conflicts or anything. :frown:
    Can I provide anything else for a solution? Where can I look?

17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Well like you said UltraHD Videos did result in BSOD when users attempted to play videos in the past but the intial Bsod bug got resolved. (Can't quite remember the method used but I haven't had anyone report Bsod's due to playing UltraHD Videos for awhile. But the 4KVideo Green Screen did remain and it can be easily work around for Users Legacy Users using Firefox.

Strangely enough HD 5000 Users were experiencing the same 4KVideo Green Screen bug but amd resolved it shortly after entering the 13.xx Series. Naturally this fix was not replicated for HD 4000 Users and below.

I will send you a driver PM for Testing.

When you check your Screen resolution settings are you able to make changes to it? (Selecting another resolution other than the one you are using)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  18. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    I'm trying to connect 3 displays. My 4850's only have two DVI ports, so it would be cool if I could use my second 4850 as well.

Oh well, I'll just buy that GTX 770...

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    How many DVI, VGA, HDMI port does your graphic card have?

20. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    Two DVI each.

My Crossfire setting seems REALLY bugged. If I want to disable it, I press apply, but the radio button goes back to enable. For some reason it is now disabled, but it doesn't want to go back to enable. According to CCC I now have 4 4850's...

Also when I go to overdrive, it keeps asking me to accept the agreement. When I press agree the whole overdrive option disappears...