Nvidia GeForce 331.58 test version for 460/560 GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Klementh, Oct 30, 2013.

1. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I cant use that link nvidia banned me from there forum because of the problems they gave me with this video card.

The downclock bug for many months when de problem was fixed this problem came its not nice if you by a video card with many software problems.

And i dont stop argue just because u say it if people say thinks that dont make sens i talk back.

2. Beqwibber

Beqwibber Member

GPU:
    1660 Ti 6GB
    I just did another new installation of the test driver and after I rebooted the monitor went into sleep and wouldn't wake up. After one reset though things returned to normal

3. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    A few hours ago my monitor also went into sleep i always turn this off in windows energy management. i looked and both settings are on never.

Both settings are on never and the monitor stil goes into sleep mode???.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  4. Beqwibber

Beqwibber Member

GPU:
    1660 Ti 6GB
    I have it on turn off display after 45 minutes, and the other is on never. I used to have them both on never as well, but I started to leave my PC on instead of turning it off so much, so I set it to where the display would turn off after a while.

I don't have any of the display sleep problems with 314.22.

5. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Well, that's not true on my system, at least.

I even started to believe it was a virus/trojan my computer had before formatting.

My PC is running fine now, games are a tad faster (just had a little trouble with my X-Fi card, but solved it too!). I only noted my videocard is running at 3d speeds whenever I play a video, or a flash object while browsing. Also happens with videos on Media Player Classic Homecinema.

But I'm very pleased overall...

I believe I'll never get back to prior OSes...

6. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I get confused of what people are writing and how they solve this freeze problem.

Freeze problem solved by installing win 8.1 (beats me)

This test version solved the freeze/tdr problem for me, day 2 now with no freezes.

you did a clean install with win 8.1 what nvidia driver did u install??? this test version?

I am the only 1 that has posted that the freezes are over with this test driver
    i believe that nvidia can only fix this problem in there drivers like they did now, people who say that the freezes are over by installing win 8.1 or any other way, never had the freeze/tdr problem caused by the nvidia driver.

7. Beqwibber

Beqwibber Member

GPU:
    1660 Ti 6GB
    @BadDriver

You mentioned that people should uninstall Firefox to see if they're still having problems with drivers after 314.22, but how will that help diagnose the problem if our setups aren't exactly the same with these new drivers installed? So does this mean that you're using Chrome and not Firefox? If so then that's not really going to help.

You must have Firefox installed with hardware acceleration on if you're testing these drivers for nVIDIA.

8. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    And how do you propose we give them the information, when we cant get any dump files on a hard lockup?

And no, its not my system, its the drivers, i ran my system through a 24 hour memtest, and prime95 and linpack, it only happens when im using any driver after 314.22, and it only happens in idle it seems.

Oh, and my gfx card does NOT clock down in idle, because i have a 120hz monitor apparently, because that makes sense. not (it did clock down like it should with 274.xx iirc.) So im forced to use nvidia inspector to force 2d clocks while idle - Solid programming there chaps.

So, bottom line is. - Nvidia ****ed up and they want us to give them information on how to fix it, but provide us with no tools to do so.

9. Beqwibber

Beqwibber Member

GPU:
    1660 Ti 6GB
    Another freeze and auto reboot. No dump file was created

EDIT:
    There were some dmp files in the WATCHDOG folder too at Local C: > Windows > LiveKernelReports

I sent them to nVIDIA

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  10. Beqwibber

Beqwibber Member

GPU:
    1660 Ti 6GB
    There may be some in the WATCHDOG folder if you haven't checked yet (Local C: > Windows > LiveKernelReports > WATCHDOG). I never thought to check there and found some and sent them to nVIDIA

11. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    ManuelG got a hold of me and I believe I'll be sending out my 550ti within the next few days.

I'm still running the 331.58 test drivers, and I haven't had any issues with them yet. But, in the past, sometimes it's taken a few days for an issue to pop up. On the older drivers, like the 320s, I'd get a lockup with hours. So maybe they have been getting slightly better.

12. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    not a damn thing there, was worth a try though.

13. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    If people have other problems then freezes/TDR, than they have to uninstall there browsers what ever browsers they use firefoxe, chrome, using a driver after 314.22 the latest wil do the job also, and then they have to use there pc start up a game no browsing because the browser is uninstalled and use the pc 1 day and see if you still have problems like blue screens or any other problem.

if problems are there with no browser installed then the problems have noting to do with this test driver.

If you dont get any problems then your problems are with your browser and the nvidia driver.

Nvidia came with a fix in this test driver does this mean its fix for all the 460/560 cards???

Is there an other test version comming out where they fixed more???

14. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    "Some users are reporting stability issues after upgrading their drivers to display driver branches R319_00 and above (i.e. R320.18, R320.49, R326.19, etc.). We have addressed some of the issues that affected stability up to and including our latest BETA driver 331.40. We are still seeing some users reporting issues while browsing the web or other desktop apps that results in desktop freezes or TDRs. We are experiencing difficulties reproducing some of the issues that are submitted by users and therefore we are asking users to fill out the form below to provide us with better data that we can use to setup similar configurations as our users. "

stop posting before you mislead someobody

15. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I dont stop posting and i dont mislead.

i dont see the words blue screen or game crash or dmp files of 600mb in your tekst above.

so many people posting problems that have noting to do with this freezing problem.

16. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    @BadDriver

you do mislead. the problems that has nothing to do with this test driver can be easy filtered, so whats your problem ?

why should someone uninstall their browser ? when they dont use it, then its not the browsers fault, so there is no need to do that.

the same freezes/problem can occour also without using a browser, its NOT only browser releated like your writing it every time :puke2:

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    people who write that they fixed the freeze problem by going to win 8.1 that is misleading.

18. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    not misleading at all, under win 7 i got massive tdr/freezes. under win8 its was much better. going early before release to win8.1. now i have a freeze once a week.

so it didnt fixed it, but sometime i got no freeze a complete week. so its interesting why the bug behavior changed with different os.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    The dump file was to assist Nvidia.
    Stop being so bloody argumentative with people

On another note my system is perfectly stable if this was RAM or PSU issues they wouldn't go away with an older driver now

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Stop saying that i am argumentative.

i just say that people can do a lot of testing themself.

And now this person is saying that the freezes are less before he sad its gone.

real good communicating in this thread.

my freeze problem is fixed with this test driver day 3 now without a freeze/TDR.

waiting for the final version.