Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    working fine here shadow, keep trying. in fact, I haven't had a single issue with bf4 today, no lag, no crashes etc.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    nvm, it just showed in details at task-man not in processes and i cant kill the task at details, lol, its saying bf4.exe "paused" and its using 20kb...access denied, lol.

Reboot and fine now, still....wtf!?

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Hope my new R9-280x crossfire should be able to handle this game @ 2560x1440 everything ultra 2xmsaa and I'm running windows 8.1 so a bonus for me

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm running 7950 CF @1080p, Ultra, 4xMSAA and 130% resolution scaling 60fps solid. You'll be more than fine :)

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Teething troubles mate, it will be sorted after a few patches. I remember BF2 being pretty bad when it came out. Game only really started to shine after the 1.3 patch which eliminated lots of bug, made fixes and got rid of the Notorious Dolphin Diving.

The thing is today DICE are kinda known for not fixing stuff, even if they do fix things it normally takes forever. I think DICE know that many people were dissapointed with BF3. Sales are good for BF4 but there down compared to what BF3 was. I think this time around DICE will provide and listen more to the community, well i hope they do.

@DiceAir your 280's will play this game maxxed out easily at 100hz+!

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm playing at the same resolution, all ultra, 2x msaa, post aa medium, vsync on, and it runs like a charm. No worries. :D

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Oddly enough... disabling HyperThreading on my system (see my specs) actually improved the game for me. Much much less microstutters.

I got my game to finally stop rubberbanding/lagging so bad by doing a few things.. not sure which one exactly did it, but it might be worth looking into if you are having the same issues.
    I. Used Xfast LAN to packet shape (priority on bandwidth)
    II. Reinstalled LAN drivers
    III. Did the "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500" command:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2222409
    IV. Disabled HT in BIOS (still testing.. would rather leave on, but it did seem to help)

Hope that helps..

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive lost all of my friends on Battlelog, is that because of one of the recent updates?

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    In my experience, it's been because I like to troll in-game too much and piss poeple off lol

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha yeah i must have pissed off over 50 people lol
    My avatar has also changed and i didnt even change it...wtf.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I didnt see someone mentioned it yet, but do you notice, that they changed the reload system again, like it was in alpha? You will reload your magazine only, not bullets. They changed it back in Beta to bullets.

And why is there no HC Servers? I start to believe we play HC already with 100 health, maybe? (They also said that the Reload System with magazines instead bullets reload is only in HC) Cos you die so fast..

I disabled vsync now, with ebaled vsync the game just stutters more..also using GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  12. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    FFS the rubber banding is getting silly now.

It really is a bit of a mess right now BUT I shouldn't be playing yet so I'll make my judgement in a few days but have Dice a ****e load of work to do.

Running maxed at 2560x 1440 so I am happy with framerate locked at 60 but it feels like 30 most of the time on MP.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I did play a few hc servers yesterday. I'm assuming they were hc because there was no crosshair or health on my hud

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hmm, but no Hardcore Preset, search for HC Servers only and you wont find one.

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmm, Spitfire is on an HC server right now..
    so they do show up. dunno whats wrong there. lol..

16. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    The BF series has always had various gameplay bugs at at launch... various glitches, net code / lag issues, problems with battlelog (or in-game server browser prior to battle log), etc. And I'm willing to live with those. With little complaint, actually.

But this is the first BF game launch I've played that is constantly having stability problems where I can't really play, or at least don't feel like making the effort to - because either my game crashes, or the server I'm playing on crashes.
    And I've been a diehard BF player since BF1942. I don't believe I'm having problems because of some odd hardware or Windows issue as tons-o-people everywhere are whining about the same client and server stability problems I'm experiencing.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *sits here are jealous and stuff*

*pouts*

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Have you tried the 331.40 driver, that works great! Any other driver that i used gave me BSOD's. I have not played the game since last night but it seems from peoples feedback that the performance has gotten worse. Ill play later tonight once the Wife goes to bed and post back the results.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ok so now after ~12 hours of playing I can say that the server crashes are VERY frustrating, you lose ALL progress, and it happens very often... the sound bug and lag on some servers is also bad and severly affects gameplay. Performance and visuals are great, but I agree that this is a rough launch.

20. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Was having an epic time in op locker and boom directx error crash. I think I've had every single possible crash so far =D

Wish XP and unlocks would be saved immediately and not after the round >.>