Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's always like that, isn't it? Tell me a single game they made that was any different.

You don't need to play it, do you? See, easy fix.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well we ain't meant to be playing until Friday, EA's backend might not be fully optimized yet. Complain when you're officially allowed to play.
    This also applys to myself:)

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    A friend of mine pirated the game (yes a friend, not me) on PC and its littered with bugs.

We played it maxed out 1080p on his rig which has an i7 2500K @ 4.8GHz a 3GB 7950 @ 1250/1575, 16GB 2133MHz memory, etc, etc he even downloaded the first patch.

I think hes personally an idiot for downloading 23GB for just a 5 hour campaign.

The bugs/unfinished parts me and him found while playing through it so far are:

- Weak enemy A.I they just shoot at you and no one else
    - Weak NPC A.I your team mates literally do nothing to help unless you tell them to
    - tons of graphical bugs like clipping, flashing helicopter (YES flashing!), blinking/missing textures
    - Getting stuck when you reach an objective only to find out you have to kill all the bad guys in the area to progress and trigger a cutscene.
    - Getting stuck on certain areas that kill you once the game reloads forcing you to restart entire mission.
    - Game crashes (this could be due to the fact he has pirated version).

Its a fun game when there is no cutscenes from the pathetically stupid characters, weak voice acting, and incoherent plot.

Set pieces are really nice though and graphics in some areas look WORSE than BF3 and in some they look worse than even BFBC2!!! In most the set piece areas it does look next gen but only to the extent of its basically BF3 with a few added graphical effects. I bet you could achieve the same level of IQ and effects with an ENB and Injector in BF3.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Nah it's not.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    For $550 you could add a couple hookers in with that bottle of tequila. :bounce:

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    And I won't. why don't you go have a chill pill?

7. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Multi is good, but i got some crash and with some maps (the biggest ones), i got a sound bug.
    Im waiting for patch to do solo so i wont be disapointed

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, the whole rest of the world already got access (literally). It should be working right now and they "said" the beta served just that purpose.

Too many stupid comments into the same direction. Over and over again. No one needs that, so no chill pill for me.
    If you don't like something, fine, don't use/play it. Problem solved. So why don't you follow your own advice, take that pill, play some rounds, and stop talking about something you obviously never liked?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    last 2 cod release days I had the joy of been part of were bo 1 and mw3 both were utterly horrible bo1 got fixed eventually after a good few patches and mw3 well that was unfixable. so let's not suddley assume ghosts is going to have a perfect launch( oh and it just got cancled until the 15th right?)

anyways let's get back to battlefield 4 in the battlefield 4 thread :) running amazing on this 290x only tried a bit of Sp so far as I've had a busy day graphics are fantastic and the shooty stuff feels solid. can't wait to get on mp later:)

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Never liked? dude, get some facts right, I love CoD and it's expansion. but the last what, 5 games have been a joke, they need to start from the ground up. simples.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Let's mp tonight!

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Dice is notorious for having BF launch problems. people should expect this tbh. (not trying to sound harsh, but its a fact though).

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    White, every major online game release has massive issues in the first week or so... be it mmo, arpg, shooter. always the same, people need to get over it, there is going to be issues, no matter what

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    BO really had no huge issues at start. There was a single patch that fixed most, if not all, larger problems.
    The biggest issue here was people, trying to run the game, with very old or dated hardware.
    BO, unlike its predecessors, needed lots of CPU power to run nicely. I had no problem with that but I knew a good share of people who was complaining too. Wasn't the game's fault though.

MW3 though, that's a different story. It was stable though, just a bad game :D

None of these games had a public beta and 99% of the larger problems got fixed with a release day patch.
    Dice, on the other hand, seems to run into the same problems each and every time.

Their hotfix 1.5.1 for Battlefield 2 should speak for itself. A patch that comes out years after the game still needs a hotfix because it was broken? Really?

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i can tell you i had 0 problems with black ops2 (first cod game i have bought at launch in years). i even prestiged!
    only flaw i had was in the 2nd mission of the campaign where it would crash. I also didnt have any problems with Farcry 3 btw.
    I certainly believe not every game has issues at launch, though there are lots i cant deny that.
    There is no need to defend issues in a game (in this case BF4). There are all unacceptable imo. and Battlefield games all have a history of problems.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you say they're unacceptable, I say they're pretty standard. I expect problems in the first week or so with every single big online launch. that's just me.

Blops2 didn't have dedicated servers, right? that's where it's different.

EDIT: 70 player maps, waaat?

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i can see you tollerence is much higher then mine, but i would go freaking nuts if they would release a game (with having a beta first to solve all online problems) , then finding out it doesnt work properly.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I had massive stuttering on bo for ages and I can assure you I wasn't on any ghetto pc lol :)

And no dice are far from perfect at release bf2 was terrible and bc2 flat out didnt work the night it released lol but tbh I've not played many pc games in the past few years that didn't release with issues. Maybe it's bad that I just expect it these days.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I never did have issues with other BF games, but BF4 is the first, my whole PC crashes black screen and sound stuck.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    This is so a ****ing joke! Cant even start Campaign now! Same with MP!

ERROR
    Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down.