Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    We don't know what is different about that test version, what we do know is that NVIDIA created that version especially for the 4xx and 5xx (560 yes) series users as they (me too) were having major issues with most drivers after 314.22... so they created this test version which has the possibility I think to gather data about the problems, how exactly I don't know as I don't test them.

Let's hope they find what the issue was anyway and incorporate the fixes later :)
    But I think performance wise there won't be a lot of difference. I only had problems with the drivers after 314.22 until 327.xx or something, the latest ones work fine for me, but I did also completely disable HW accelleration in Firefox, and most ppl say that that was the issue anyway...

What is important is, Nvidia is working on it :p

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    You misread his statement. I told him the bug would not be fixed by the next driver, not that it would be fixed in November.

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    So i guess in middle novemver new driver ? :)

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    When it's done.

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Metro LL PhysX is fab, just wanted to get that in there Mr.G, many folks concur. and batman of course, very impressive. just sayin.

6. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    What exactly is the issue people are having with Vsync? Is it completely broken for everyone in newer drivers or just select setups? Is is related to Shadowplay?

I haven't updated to these drivers, I'm on the last WHQL release and haven't seen any vsync issues, however from the sounds of it, it has been broken in the past few releases?

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
  8. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Had about 5 hours playtime now with BF4's multiplayer and I'm very pleased with performance. Steady 60 on ultra at 1920x1200.

Sometimes when there's alot of effects (smoke, explosions, etc) it tends to drop to 45-50, but that's expected.

Great experience so far, hopefully you guys can juice out just a little more performance in the next driver. :)

OT: My younger brother and a friend both have AMD cards (7850 & 5850x2) and they are having a really ****ty experience. LOL @AMD for spending all that cash and still providing ****ty drivers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  9. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Problem with vSync occurs only in Addition with Driver-Internal FPS Limiter is active. Otherwise, vSync works as it should.

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    GTx680 SLI user here, and I'm also experiencing smoke flickering with sli in BF4. I had previously tested 331.40 with BF4 beta and no flickering.

11. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    issues with my old gtx 480. Driver was recovering as soon as windows 8.1 loads in. Battle filed for flickering everywhere in sli mode. Anyone know of older set that has sli profile for BF4 ?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Do you mean a display driver stopped responding and recovered error when booting into the Windows 8.1 desktop because that's the same issue I occassionally have with my GTX 780, although I suspected it was caused by a CoreTemp service and have subsequently uninstalled that app for the time being.

If the display driver still crashes when going into Windows then I will know that wasn't the cause. I do not have display driver crashing any other time, even when gaming, I only had the issue intermittently when booting into Windows, meaning I had to wait up to several minutes before the desktop icons and stuff would appear and become responsive (oddly, I am still able to move the mouse around).

13. Huigie

Huigie Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Not trying to blame anyone but I am very frustrated to have spend €2200 on GPU's and not being able to play one of the big titles when they come out. You guys had access to the BF4 beta, the flickering was there also.

I'm trying to understand. Is SLI exit?

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not being able to play "one" big title? You haven't been able to play a single blockbuster game when it came out, ever? Kepler cards came out more than one and a half years ago.

You're combining some of the "worst" things, multiple SLI and a Dice/EA game (meaning AMD evolved, pushing the edge etc). That's asking for trouble.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    IMO, you would be better off avoiding SLI and CFX entirely because I don't think most developers are committed to supporting it properly because the consoles are the lead platforms and without them then NVIDIA or AMD cannot support optimally either.

This is why I dropped GTX 680 SLI for a single GTX 780 and I honestly do not regret it. It's so refreshing to be able to play new games and not have to worry about negative scaling, graphical glitches, a second card left not actually doing anything at in 85% of multiformat games (which is my main bugbear of SLI/CFX) and all the other crap that comes with multi-GPU setups. It's just too much hassle in my view and offers very poor value for money unless you use multiple displays or play games at ridiculously high resolutions.

16. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Bf4 keeps auto windowing randomly during game play using triple monitors with triple GTX680 sli setup.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll try to ask here instead of creating a new thread.

I tried BF4 for 5 minutes yesterday midnight but was amazed how it looked like crap. Here are my problems:

1. Although my resolution is set at 1920x1200 it looks low res and "blocky" (Ultra)
    2. Tried High and Ultra settings and saw little difference
    3. The HUD seems large and clunky almost like I play at 1024x768 or something like that
    4. Very low FPS, about 25 on the one map I tried and there weren't even any PCs near me.
    5. Overall the scene is blurry

I'll do more tests tonight but can someone tell me what is going on here?

18. Mike2004

Mike2004 Member

GPU:
    nVidia/Asus 780 GTX SLI
    Yup. The windowing seems even worse since the 677 MB patch released yesterday.

Game runs great though considering it's early in the release. Using the 331.65 drivers, the 58's gave me rainbow colored textures. The odd crash during map changes and sometimes the game freezes up but not often.

The AMD GPU users that I play with (on teamspeak) are having much more difficulties than the average NVidia user.

19. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I was just going to post about this same thing. After the last update, the game looks really bad. All the vegetation that isn't close looks super low res and blurry, even with post processing aa turned off. The game does not look sharp at all and it's driving me nuts.

20. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970

Oh really?
    :)