Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Haha, I am still at work. And tomorrow I will be at work too. Game will be officially unlocked in about 8 hours from now here in the Netherlands. I prefer not to use a proxy. :)

2. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    On windows 7 I've noticed that the effect on ultra take a big hit in framerate.

Not sure if its the same as win 8 but putting it on high is night and day with no loss to visuals that I can see. Thought it may be the 64bit exe but tried both and with effect on high it;s just so much smoother.

This may be because I'm at 2560 x 1440 on ultra perhaps.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Happened to me the first time I went into the settings to change some graphics options. Hit Alt-Enter once and it went to fullscreen and hasn't gone back to windowed since.

4. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Just disable Deferred AA (MSAA), should run decently.

On a totally unrelated note, I was getting crashes at first but then I upped the VCORE on my CPU and haven´t had any problems since, I had overclocked a little llazily and had only run OCCT stress test for about an hour but still. This game is very CPU intensive so maybe those of you overclocking either CPU or RAM should raise voltage a little to see if it helps at all.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just finished the campaign..It was average at best, no where near modern warfare's 2 campaign..Graphics wise it was just good, nothing more..The foliage is worse than crysis 1(2007 game) and the LoD is crappy as hell.Good textures/lightning in some points but that's it.Current-gen consoles must die otherwise we won't see next-gen graphics.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Battlelog update

7. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Running nvidia but had the same stuck in in window mode thing. Had to delete and recreate my custom 77hz resolution in the control panel to get it to work.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Whats the score with the netcode smoothing setting? Whats best to have and what are other using?

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    If you have good internet you can knock it down to 30/40 some people like 0 as it will give you the very best latancy but at the cost of animations not syncing properly. It was default 100 in bf3 which caused a lot of the hit detection problems.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah its set 50 but ive dropped it to 25 and all looks good! Thanks Des.
    Game is better than BF3, feels better and we have a commander instead of everyone just running around like headless chickens we now have structured direction. A step in the right direction atleast. Im a bit annoyed at the game crashing at times. bsod etc.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dawnbreaker and Paracel Storm are gorgeous! When the weather changes on paracel, it's amazing. For me atm, the best way to run the game is with frame pacing off in the drivers and with Vsync, it's a lot smoother than frame pacing on and no vsync. Still, I've been annoyed with the game somewhat. Specially with laggy servers and hit detection.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Downloading atm on my 12 mbit connection :x

Good thing I went straight to g2play this time. 79 euros for both the game and a premium key :banana:

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    When you could've had both for 45 :)

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Damnit even cheaper, where was that :p Oh well at least I didn't get ripped off 110 euros this time xD

15. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Glad it helped :), but I'm surprised you can turn frame pacing/pre-rendered frames off in AMD drivers. I could turn off pre-rendered frames (few ears ago), but now theres no such option (pre rendered frames "0"/"off") in Nv control panel. Well it looks like I will buy my next GPU from AMD.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

16. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Why no HC servers!?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    on Origin mate, you just had to use the mexican proxy to make it think you're mexican, they get games cheap, I bought premium from there for under £20 and digital deluxe was erm... £32 I think. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah sometimes you can down someone in a few bullets and sometimes the hit detection is so bad that a tank shell too the face dont even work.

The game crashing ingame ie "BF4 is not responding error is ****ing annoying".

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    How!?!? im using same res and same card as you, my clocks are higher on the 680 and i only get 70-80 fps there. what drivers you on?

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    so, my 2 cents...
    Battlefield 4´s Campaign is teh worst i ever played..just bad..
    anyway, Multieplayer gonna be the bomb i hope..game not freee yet for me..but SP i could play with a trick ;)

anyway. to share my performance..im on WIN 7 Pro 64bit, (no win8) and it ran great..i had around 30 - 70 fps...depending on the scene..on my gtx460, q9550 and win7... U dont need win 8 at all..just marketing bull****..

by the way. i was using 1600x900, ALL ULTRA, NO AA, with MOTION BLUR.. and it was nicely playable...

oh and heres a monitoring pic..very good gpu usage, better then in bf3..im impressed...
    gotta go eat..cya laters...

[​IMG]