ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok try using this method instead.
    Create two new folders on your desktop and name them Driver Cleaner and Package Cleaner.

Extract aSimple Driver CleanUP to the Driver Cleaner Folder
    Extract aSimple Cleanup Utility to the Package Cleaner Folder
    Run both Cleaners as an Administrator.
    Then report back.

2. Vikkeb

Vikkeb Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870
    I'm guessing the "switcher" folder within the dx9 folder also had to be included in the new folders, I mean, a shortcut wont do much on itself.

But still no luck, there is this one thing tho.
    All folders seem to have "read-only" marked if I left click and check the properties. If I try uncheck it and press ok it just goes back to "read-only" if I look at the properties again.
    All the files are fine tho, its just the folders.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I've tested the cleaners in a limited environment in which most features are disabled and that bug does not show up.

I recommend Disabling your Graphic Adapter then restarting your pc in safe mode. Next run both cleaners and install the UPD build through device manager.

4. Vikkeb

Vikkeb Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870
    Thanks for that!
    Everything works fine now

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013

5. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    hey dellon again,
    i need ur help , i've a serious problem with all amd drivers but the reason why i didn't post it before coz i wasn't know where the problem come from...but now i think i know... the problem is when i play any game..all games..after playing long time or any time .. sometimes the screen got like this :
    http://imageshack.us/f/545/fb3g.jpg/

and this happens with all games... and when i go to desktop it show this :
    http://imageshack.us/f/703/fm41.jpg/

& i need to restart PC to get the screen back to normal :/
    i found the problem maybe 99% coz amd driver not support my monitor type good or not working properly,,, my monitor is Samsung SyncMaster TA350 in CCC monitor name is ( SMT23A350) and strange thing that when i see it in CCC it showing this :
    http://imageshack.us/f/27/ifni.png/
    the strange thing is the maximum reported refresh rate : 75 Hz & im sure it's 60 Hz only not 75 Hz :3eyes: ? any idea

and have a look at this :
    http://imageshack.us/f/822/hvdw.png/

is that normal to have 6 of AMD RADEON HD 6900 SERIES only the first one i can go to 3 options : Rotate Display - Set Desktop area to - 3D settings but first two options can't select it ,,and the other 5 of 6 AMD RADEON HD 6900 SERIES the only first option i can select is Extended desktop only ?? is that normal ?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    Would it be possible for some kind of performance boost for BF4?

I'm planning to get a GTX770 and leave the ATi side once and for all. In the meanwhile it would be nice to get the most out these old beasts.

7. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Try using a GPU Monitor such as GPU Caps Viewer or HWMonitor to monitor your GPU Temperature since it's possible that your Graphic Card may be overheating when playing games.

Not sure about the refresh rate, but for my HD 5570 AMD had limited the refresh rate to 60 Hz when the monitor I'm using required 72 hz or above to reduce blurry text. However my HD 4350 has a max refresh rate of 85 hz, so there is no need to use other means to change refresh rate. (Catalyst Control Center.) In other words AMD may be the one who decides the max supported refresh rate.

That's strange as you should only be seeing two HD 6900 in which the first option displays a list of settings while the second option allow you to create an extended desktop.

A performance increase is possible but you will need to use the Perf Switchers already included in the Dx9 Switcher Folder. You can try Legacy Perf C and D for Starters. Also if battefield 4 is currently being run via 64bit mode you will need to run it in 32bit mode instead as the Switcher currently do not support x64Bit Mode.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  8. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

so that's coz of overheating :| ..what shall i do to reduce overheating. i've both GPU Caps Viewer & HWMonitor now but what to screenshot...& during play games or just without playing? & about the 6 AMD RADEON HD 6900 Series ,,what should that mean i remember old driver before 12.xxx version was about 4 of em not 6 ??

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Overheating is always a possibility but before we get to that you will need to monitor your temps after playing games for 30 minutes or more. You can do it by running GPU Caps Viewer then play a game in either full screen in which you would minimize the window after 30 minutes or more to check the temperature or you can run the game in windowed mode to monitor your gpu temperature side by side with the game and the gpu monitor displaying the temperature.

Other Thoughts
    When using AMD Latest driver options mention previously remains the same without any increase. Try reinstalling the driver you are currently using or you can choose to install a 12.xx build then upgrade it using the UPD Build.

10. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    ok i will try this & will tell ur the results....but wanna know how do i install the lastest driver dellon ... i uninstalled previous driver with all cleaner & installed ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.5 All Supported OS UPD Only like a new driver... and it not work & windows can't start..maybe i didn't understand the UPD build ... if i installed a new windows ..should i install V11.10.6.5 UPD only ,right or there something missing ?
    this during install AMD setup :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/orcw.png/
    this before restarting Pc and before windows got freeze while Windows is starting :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/wxm5.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/n1de.png/

11. Mivis

Mivis Guest

GPU:
    Hi, I´m getting the same problems when installing drivers in windows 8.1
    How do you install the drivers through device manager? I don´t know how to do it.

Thank you very much

12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

The UPD build is meant to upgrade your current driver therefore a special cleaner was devise specifically for that build. So when you use other cleaners after installing the driver you want to use with the UPD build the driver will no longer be upgradeable. So, the margin at which you should perform a full cleanup is done before installing the driver you wish to use with the UPD Build. Then running the cleaners specially constructed to work correctly with the UPD Build.

13. Mivis

Mivis Guest

GPU:
    How do you install the UPD through device manager? I don´t know how to do it and I would really apreciate some help. I´m running windows 8.1 and I can´t install the drivers for the 5650/4200.

Thak you

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The installation process would be the same (run both cleaners for UPD Build) but instead of Using AMD Setup you would use device manager to install the driver. You can access device manager by highlighting the start button in windows 8.1 then choosing device manager after right clicking on the start button.

Other Thoughts
    Can you clearly state the problem you are having when installing the driver?

15. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    Fixed the screen problem, thanks. Now CCC wont start though but that's not that important.

16. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    i think now i understand it...will tell ur the results :)

yess done :D wow finally i know now the way to install UPD version ... very smart :D driver working like charm ,, thnx Dellon :)

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just in case some didnt know, you have this option on DDU too. That's what the "set windows update driver install to default" button do :)

So after cleaning and installing your new driver, you should go hit that button.
    There is also a ownership issue with pnplockdown that I have PM you on skype.

18. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    Photoshop cs6 really don't like the driver. Hangs after a few minutes working. Anyone else got that problem, or is it on my end somehow?

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    That's great, now you will be able to easily upgrade your driver with less installation problems.

Updated the cleaner and responded Via Team Viewer.

What error message do you receive when launching Catalyst Control Center?
    When you Check Device Manager for the Installed Display Adapter what driver version did it report?
    What were the installation steps performed to get the UPD Build working with your system?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  20. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    The CCC was just not starting, no error message, and photoshop locked (not responding) without error message. I did a lot of uninstall and re-install of drivers and combination of your driver and leshcat to try to get it working but to no avail. Then i uninstall everything installed original drivers. uninstalled ccc and installed your packet without graphic driver. Then i finally updated the graphic driver to your driver through device manager. And now CCC starts and all seems to work. But for adobe photshop that still crashes after a few minutes. There is a sniffer_gpu.exe that start and take hold of all cpu and photoshop gets unresponsive. Also VLC gpu acceleration is broken. Was before to.

reported driver version 13.113.0.0

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013