Aqua Computer Radeon R9 290X Full Cover Block

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aqua Computers latest addition to their full cover water blocks is the kryographics Hawaii for R9 290X cards. The block is entirely made in Germany and milled from 1kg high-purity electrolytic copper ...

Aqua Computer Radeon R9 290X Full Cover Block

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    another top notch block from aqua

3. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Man I'd love a 290x and one of those! Shame I'm busy buying a new house so have no spare cash for computer stuff :(

4. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Personally, while I love Aqua blocks.. I'm a fan of full water blocks like EK in respect of the block being flush and square with the full PCB, not leaving exposed sections.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Considering you can't do anything about the fact that the GPU takes up 2 slots, I think I'd have preferred less copper, more of a cheaper metal, and make it thick enough to take up 2 slots. But, I'm sure there's some manufacturer out there that might not force both slots to be used, in which case a cooler like this would be preferred.

Anyways, I'd like to see the performance difference with a cooler like this in use. Makes me wonder how much more performance the 290X has to offer that was held back due to the heat. I'd say a GPU like this is an excellent reason to keep liquid cooling around. We're running out of purposes for them these days.

6. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    I fitted blocks to my 780s because the reference cooler on them was louder and hotter than I liked also with the blocks my benchmarks went up a little so even though the Nvidia coolers are better than the current AMD one on the 290x my 780s were throttling back some unless I turned the fan up higher and then it was louder than I liked.

H20 is cooler and quieter than air cooling so if you want a cool fast pc its the best option imo.