AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA6 (13.250.18.0 October 24)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    Everything works fine here, 7970 oc'd to ghz edition specs.

2. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    I can't get mine to stay stable.

I came from a 7970 on 7 64, had BSODs on my asus 290x with beta 3 and beta 6 drivers.
    Installed 8.1 64, tried b1, b3, b6. All of them BSOD with code 0xa0000001. But yeah, I'm now running driverless and have yet to BSOD.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Full screen video with 13.11 b6 sends my LCD into what looks like too high rez on a CRT, loads of high frequency horizontal lines flickering like a strobe light

Not in VLC, but has done it on Vimeo and ASUS Realbench, had to reboot to fix it

4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    For the people experiencing blackscreens and the likes,
    Installing driver after driver, beta after beta, you can get into problems. especially with a dual gpu card, it will be seen as 2 videocards.

Proper uninstall of any amd driver, cleaning up thoroughly, is really necesary.
    This is also why some people report they have no more problems after a clean windows install.
    There are already threads about cleanup utils, so I wont go into that.
    Except for the fact that even a cleanup util can miss something eventually, since drivers keep changing.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    These drivers are absolutely knackered, even opening ebuyer's website scrambled my display forcing me to reboot

Going to try b3

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    As Extraordinary just pointed out, these drivers are fubared.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, back on B3 and all is well again

Good old AMD, we can always rely on them to fix 1 thing and break 3 others in the process :D lol

8. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    what drivers should i use for amd r9 270x?

9. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR

You don't have much choice. There is only 2 Drivers that supports R7,R9 Series
    AMD 13.11 Beta 1 or Beta 6
    I Recommand beta 6 because there isn't mouse shuttering like it was in beta 1 + it's newer drivers, soo...

10. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Zero problems with these drivers, that includes playing Planetside 2, with windows 7 x64 and all updates installed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013

11. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Everything is going swimmingly still except for one thing: BF3.

I don't play it so I don't know if its me or the drivers but the game locked up with an eggshell solid screen with vertical lines running down it. Hardlock.
    Anyone else have any BF3 comments?

Also, I always just use AMD's cleanup utility, reboot, install new drivers, reboot. Done.
    If it's so easy, why do we need things like DDU, etc?

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Try DDU and if you have any memory overclocks (or even core) active, set those clocks back to default.

13. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Hi guys!! nice to start posting in this awesome forum!!...

In relation to 13.11b6 drivers I have to say that since 13.10b2 (latest drivers that really worked fine for me) I have been experiencing some severe problems:

-When I active vsync, for some reason my gpus usage gets lowered, and obiously Im not getting 60fps, I mean that in unigine valley for example, when Im running without vsync I get 55fps but if I activate vsync, then I get something like 30/35fps because my gpus usage is stupidly low!!!:bang:...I have managed to find the problem and it seems like its the "frame pacing" feature that messed everything when vsync is active. If I disable frame pacing I get again good performance and gpu usage even when vsync is active. I know that this feature consumes some gpu power, but I remember it was something like 3/5% max, not that 30/40% performance cap im getting...The thing is that Im having this problem only with 13.11bX as 13.10b2 (wich also have frame pacing feature) dont gave me any problem.:3eyes:

-About GPUs usage I have to say also that im a bit worried about it because some of the last titles are giving me this kind of troubles...metro LL, batman AO, etc...I have to see how Im getting less than 60fps when my gpu usage is ridiculously low, its a shame!!:cry:...I have ULPS disabled and not all titles are tha same (crysis 3 is a perfect 99% on both cards) but there are many now. Thats a pretty widespread problem in my case with all latest drivers, but specially with the 13.11bX...

So I would like to know if some one is having the same issue with 13.11bX and frame pacing/vsync or am I the only one???

bye!!

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    And....shlt keeps getting weirder....do u notice anything unusual in this screenshot?

All I'm doing is watching a movie. :nerd:

[​IMG]

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    3D Clocks watching a film ?

Which drivers are you on ? Still Beta6 ?

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah so now I can watch World War Z at 100fps...lol Btw that movie is using xvid so UVD doesn't come into it...

Rolled back to 13.10b2...

Hmmm actually I just realized 3D clocks in Windows could be a result of modding my BIOS.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol, 100fps movies, my TV does that fake 100Hz active vision thing, everything looks like it was filmed on a camcorder

It might be your BIOS mod, I am on 13.11b3 and keep 2D clocks with a video playing

Just noticed your GPU load compared to mine too, you don't have anything else running in the background? Minimised ?

[​IMG]

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just played some Batman Arkham Origins with these drivers for only the second time, the first time was fine. But I got a "driver stopped responding" crash with these and this error message

Never happened in ANY other game, temps were fine as well. GPU load during the game was no higher than 54C with 98-99% usage and VRM temps were both stable around 67-66C each so temps were fine.

I here something about this game resetting graphics options when loading it up it has done this for me a few times and now with this driver this game crashed on me after about 1hr of play.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I read that running the game as Admin prevents the graphics options resetting

20. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    if your using a new 200 series card I report no problems! Everything I have tried runs great. Metro, bf3, tf2, New Batman game.