ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tape_artist

tape_artist Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    I had 200+ files which had public key token: "90ba9c70f846762e" (have to do a sort by of course), these are all ati files. I've found it via google because vision control refused to start. The fix was to delete all the files in there, and do a reinstall.

I might be an isolated case of these files since I went through a lot of driver installs/cleanups and so on in a few days. But none of the cleaners removed them, I had to delete them by hand in safe mode.

This folder is some kind of a Global assembly cache... Some further googling is to be made about the purpose of this. I'm guessing you will know for what is ti for.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmmm, interesting. Those entries are all related to Net Framework, I'll try to recreate the installation of the files to see if I can Obtain similar results. ("90ba9c70f846762e")

Other Thoughts
    Are you by chance using Windows 7?

3. tape_artist

GPU:
    HD4850
    Nope, this was on win 8.0. I've just checked win 7 install, and those files are not present. After I have installed the latest version of your driver, they are not present also.

So there are two possibilities I could think of. Either I have just f* up net framework install (although everything I use seems to work like normal, including vision control, which failed to start before), or these files were remembrance of silly me forcing to install old driver versions via compatibility mode (vista compatibility) in windows 8.

Although I do remember seeing some of the files (I was not paying good attention), had "ati" and "cl" in their names. Probably just an isolated case of me... And if it was a problem it would have been noticed by now.

Did a quick search for 90ba9c70f846762e, and as I thought, this public key belongs to Ati (now AMD of course). Old drivers made a mess of things...

4. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    For this , I asked Wagnard (on DDUs thread) if it's normal or not seeing all that stuff with driver sweeper/fusion after using DDU and he said (see here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505&page=29 ) that :

" THe controset00x can be ignored as they are backup keys. (in don't delete them on purpose)
    What is important is the Currentcontrolset

I also don't clean yet the eventlog thing. (will come soon) it should not affect a driver installing or not correctly anyway.

but for the enum/root/legacy_amdkm..... this is new. I never saw that before.
    Ill check what I can find about this.
    "

...so I think asking wagnard about DDUs leftovers can help you seeing what's important and what not and even removing any doubt about what should be done.

5. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    ohh i didn't know that's those files in driver sweeper & driver fusion cleaning is not necessary as i always clean em so nothing affect a driver installing or not correctly anyway & to be like when installing a fresh windows before amd drivers :)

6. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    Thanks very much ! I just hate to do all those steps to clean all amd files.

7. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    The option to remove the screen is not there as mentioned. When going back to windows low-res drivers(updating the drivers through device manager) the extra screen is gone. Installing your driver again through device manager and its back.

8. FrayedString

FrayedString Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AMD 6870 1GB

Well, I'm back again. Some of you may remember my tragic story of a bios upgrade gone horribly wrong. (3 months after out of warranty, of course).

I've since built another PC for the Radeon 4890 to live in and just wanted to report that with the latest driver pack that DXVA and everything else are working perfectly in Windows 8.1 x64.

9. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    What's new?

Hey dellon132, it's been awhile. I am just contacting you to see how's it going? I wish I still had my old computer, so I could see how far these drivers have come which by the looks of it, you have made extreme progress. Keep up the great work!

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    If it's like you said then I will have to cleanup up those files as the 11.12 driver was the last driver released as ATI. I think there is still quite a few Users who use those drivers (Mainly Legacy Users) so it would probably be best to clean them with the cleaner so users experience less problems.

Other Thoughts
    What was your driver installation range? The whole 11.XX Series or the whole 10.XX Series?

Not all of them are not necessary. The Legacy_AMDKDAG may be necessary if it's an active service. And the Settings I mentioned before, is debatable.

Ok, to get around that bug you can install another AMD Driver then use the UPD build listed on the front page to upgrade that driver.

That's great, recently I launched a new set of driver for Users to Upgrade their driver without exhibiting bugs from new builds. (It basically gives users more freedom when installing new drivers, so there not restricted to one driver that may or may not work correctly for their Graphic Card.)

Well, the modded driver now works normally in most cases when paired with Switchable Graphics so switchable Graphics Users now have access to full hardware acceleration and also the ability to Use windows 8 Metro apps without having to rely on the Switchers. (This should apply to all Supported Gpu's). The Dx9 Switcher now also contains a Workaround for Text Corruption in Firefox along with many other Switchers and also cleaners that accompany it. (Driver Cleaners, Package Cleaners, Alternate Hardware Acceleration Option for Firefox a Gpu Restarter for loading the driver into the system, etc. If you do ever decide to get a AMD PC again let me know as I do miss your thorough testing. (Although I did have Users who contributed greatly towards pointing out bugs which eventually lead to more options.)

11. zoliiiii

zoliiiii Guest

GPU:
    hd 3850 512mb
    Hello! I have a quick question. Is this driver better than the 13.9 legacy driver for Windows 8.1?
    Thanks for every replies.

12. sargentbash

sargentbash Guest

GPU:
    asus & gcube / hd3850 256
    as far as i am aware the 13.9 driver from amd has some bugs and does not work correctly, this is from amd them selves. Thats y i am using the moded drivers

13. zoliiiii

zoliiiii Guest

GPU:
    hd 3850 512mb
    I use 13.1 legacy now with windows 8. If i use windows 8.1 with this modded driver, will i get less fps in games than windows 8 with 13.1?
    Sorry for my english.

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The driver comes with performance Switchers so a lost in performance is highly unlikely.

15. zoliiiii

zoliiiii Guest

GPU:
    hd 3850 512mb
    Thank you. One more question:
    Can i use msi afterburner with this driver, or i can set higher core clock value than the official locked CC values? Official drivers allow me only 720 mhz core clock, so i use unlocked msi afterburner.
    Can i?

Of course, I'd wanna do this in windows 8.1

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The driver does support Third Party Overclocking Software. Just make sure to disable the Overdrive Tab if you have it enabled.

17. tape_artist

GPU:
    HD4850
    Well, I didn't try them all, but it was more of a random choosing from 9,10,11 and 12 series of drivers. I'm pretty sure things went haywire when I stepped back into 9 series of drivers. Problems I encountered probably lie in old ccc versions. They were particularly bad back then (I always used ati tray tools back then, which is sadly not updated anymore).

On a side note, did a upgrade to win 8.1. Now your driver does not work for me any more. Update removed your driver. I ran all the cleaners. During the install this error occurs: [​IMG]. I clicked close, and rebooted. Driver didn't work. Ran legacy gpu restared, didn't work. Went to device settings, this error was present: [​IMG].

Did everything once more, but before the reboot, ran the legacy restarter, and the same thing happened. I find it strange because some users reported your driver working fine and dandy in 8.1. Any suggestions?

p.s. After the update directory structure of the assembly folder has changed significantly. Things aren't the way they were.

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The workaround for the Signature bug involves using the UPD Build. The UPD build should be able to Upgrade any currently installed driver to the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver without the signature bug. For starters, you can default your current driver to WDDM Driver for Windows 8 then Upgrade it. Useing the UPD build by running both cleaners then proceeding to install the driver through AMD Setup.

Other Thoughts
    I'm currently Uploading the Latest UPD build which is newer than the Non UPD Build. The one listed on the front page is also newer than the Non UPD build but it has a few bugs that the next build should fix.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  19. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    The video card driver doesn't get installed with V11.10.6.5.
    X1950 pro on Windows 8.1 x64.

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm can you post the steps you took before installing the driver?