UEFI GOP for Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Romulus_ut3, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Hello Folks!

As the title states, I need help with getting UEFI GOP to work with my HD 7850 OC 2GB's Bios, I have already contacted Sapphire support and they said they won't be able to help me anytime soon and I must wait for an update which only GOD knows when they'll announce, so I am reaching out to all the HD 7850 owners who might have UEFI GOP support on their cards to post their Bios image as an attachment to this thread. Thank you.

P.S. I have already tried making a Hybrid of the card's bios by taking UEFI signatures from cards that are made by different vendors, however the results weren't satisfactory.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Go to your motherboards secure boot menu and select the "legacy boot devices" option.

3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    That would kill the purpose of using ultra fast boot, right?

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    yep...

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Then I'm afraid that path is a no go. Here's my experience in making a Hybrid UEFI VBios by taking the UEFI GOP from other vendors:

1. Found a 1GB Powercolor HD 7850's bios and mirrored it, Ultra fast boot works, but the Vcore remains at 1.2 even when idle, so that's a no go.

2. Found a couple of 2GB Gigabyte HD 7850 bios' that has UEFI GOP, 2 variants. One of them causes garbled display and the other one boots fine in 2D mode, but the display goes out the moment it switches to 3D. The UEFI GOP that's on the 1GB variant of Gigabyte HD 7850 OC works perfect! Except, it detects my card as 1GB.

3. Tried using the ASUS card's UEFI GOP, and the motherboard refuses to boot with Ultra Fast booting enabled, saying the VGA Bios doesn't have UEFI GOP at all.

4. Couldn't utilize any of the MSI bios' as they're of different size when compared to the Bios from the other vendors.

So, any Powercolor 2GB HD 7850 owners case to help me out by dumping their UEFI VBios so I could have another go at this? Getting fast boot to work perfectly is the goal here.

And I do appreciate the response I've gotten so far, thank you fellas!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    Hey guys, decided to buy the Sapphire r9 280x toxic, yeah, like you guys said the CPU is probably bottle necking even if I get 290 that is why I get the 280x and maybe upgrade the CPU to 8350 in the future

7. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    ^Wrong thread. Anyways, bump!

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hybrid's are problematic and it's highly unlikely Sapphire will ever release a UEFI bios for the 2yo 7xxx series.

A 260 UEFI may work if one ever gets released, otherwise not much you can do really till you upgrade.

Is fastboot really that important?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  9. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    You are right, Fast Boot isn't really that important.

10. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A lot of cards are missing GOP support because manufacturers claim that it causes problems in some situations.

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    @3dplayer, thanks for taking the time to post your Bios, unfortunately none of these have any UEFI signatures in them.

13. Holymong

Holymong Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1G