ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DreamUp

DreamUp Guest

GPU:
    AMD Mobility RadeonHD4870
    Into the device manager both are active and working named as AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4870.
    So shall I run the cleaners and try the Last build containing stable Crossfire Support of HD 4000 Users ?
    Thanks for your great help.

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

UPD BUILD Alternative to Disabling Driver Enforcement Signature. (Reboot)
    -Install the WDDM Driver or Any Other AMD Driver or one of the Previous
    modded legacy driver that worked for your GPU.
    -Download and Extract the UPD Build
    -Run both Cleaners in the Dx9 Switcher Folder
    -Do Not Restart your Computer.
    -Proceed to installing the UPD Build through AMD Setup.

Test Mode Alternative to Disabling Driver Enforcement Signature. (Reboot)
    -Open Command Prompt as administrator then type in
    the following without including the brackets.
    (Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON)

The UPD Build allow Users to Upgrade any Driver to latest 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver. Which means Users can gain the performance and stability implemented in the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver while still being able to use the driver that worked best for their System. (Upgradable Build with less stability issues as Users will be able to freely upgrade any previously Stable Drivers for their System.)

The Non UPD build in which implements a complete Change in which can positively or negatively impact the system stability. (Normal Driver Upgrade)

Yes, you can try the last 11.8 Driver and if it's stable for your System. Then you can Use the UPD Build to Upgrade Your Driver.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  3. rocknrolla

rocknrolla Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Mobility X1400
    hi dellon,
    first of all thank you very much!
    you have no idea how much you helped me out with your driver.

I own a Thinkpad T60 with a Mobility X1400 and on windows 8 I needed a lot of workaround to get Hardwareacceleration, based on old 10.2 drivers.
    I installed 8.1 now and it was even more difficult. I tried almost everything for a week but I just couldnt get it running despite the modifications and turning off driver signature etc etc.
    Still cant believe that running that setup exe just solved everything. It works flawlessly and I had nothing to do but click on it. I even have the most recent drivers and catalyst now!!

Thank you very much.
    There is a little problem though, I m not quite sure if its because of the driver but most probably . When I turn on the laptop I get into a black screen with mouse cursor after the Windows booting screen.
    I have to press the power button once again (puts it into sleep mode) on the black screen then I get to see the welcome screen with password for a second and the laptop goes to sleep immediately (SSD inside).

When I wake it up again everything works and I can enter the password in the welcome screen.
    So basically every time I turn on my laptop I have to do this workaround.

best regards,
    rocknrolla

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, it seems you've done alot of Driver installation in the past before getting to the 12.11 Modded Legacy, so I would like to ask you to perform the following steps so we can further discuss the issue at hand.

Default Cleaning Option
    -Download and Extract the 12.11 Modded Legacy Non UPD build
    -then run both Cleaners listed as aSimple Cleanup Utility
    and aSimple Driver Cleanup.
    -Run the AMD Setup after rescanning or restarting your PC.
    -Run the AMD Setup then proceed to installing the driver.
    -Run the GPU Restart or Restart your System to load the driver
    into the System.
    INSTALLATION COMPLETE

Alternate Cleaning Option
    -Download Display Driver Uninstaller from the Link Below.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505
    -Run Display Driver Uninstaller then choose the Options that says
    to restart your PC.
    -After you have completed restarting your PC.
    attempt re-installing the driver again.
    INSTALLATION COMPLETE

Note: The options above only applies to the Non UPD Build.

5. tape_artist

tape_artist Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    When installing the update version, should I uncheck the driver mark when installing your setup? I ask because I think that your driver will overwrite the old driver when default settings are used (or am I mistaken)?

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, I think you are over thinking things. The UPD build was built so it makes use of previously installed driver while still upgrading it. Also, the UPD build has it's own special Cleaner to Clean up the previous installation of the driver so there should be no need to uncheck anything. Therefore the installation process you should follow remains the same.

Link To the Installation Guide
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4681298&postcount=2411

The UPD Build will Updated later today.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    hey again dellon ..
    im using driver ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.5 All Supported OS from last moment i login here ... & there good news about ur new version of driver ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.3 but .. D: (Non UPD Build) & (UPD Build) ?? which one to download -__- for my hd 6970 only ?
    & theres a problem in driver im using now 11.10.5 .. Legacy Perf C not good for me as i got green screen on youtube videos with Firefox browser and i fixed it manually by right click on video .. settings and unmark the enable hardware acceleration ..so Legacy Perf A & B working fine for me with enable hardware acceleration on...prefer Legacy A more nice fps :)
    Ur Driver the best ..thank you very much!

8. sargentbash

sargentbash Guest

GPU:
    asus & gcube / hd3850 256

hi i tried the steps and when i rebooted without pushing nr 7 to disable the driver thing it booted up with no drivers installed, so ill just have to do what is necessary to keep the drivers working thanks for all the help

9. virtualcai

virtualcai Guest

GPU:
    ATI X1400
    Like rocknrolla I have a lenovo T60 with ATI X1400, I just wanted to add, that the boot problem he described in his post (black screen every 2nd boot) is also ocurring when using other (non mod) drivers. (since windows 8.1)
    any ideas?

10. tape_artist

GPU:
    HD4850
    Didn't do the trick for me. I'm running Windows 8.0 on amd cpu, amd mbo, and hd4850.

Procedure i took:
    1. Ran driver sweeper in safe mode, reboot
    2. Ran ddu in safe mode, reboot
    3. Ran both of your cleaners in safe mode (the ones from the regular version), reboot
    ---Redundant I know, but I like things clean :)
    4. Installed driver via have disk method - driver is 9.4 downloaded from Microsoft update catalog. After extensive testing (some would say too much testing), I've found that this one gives me best FPS in Bad company 2 (with no graphic issues what so ever, that i could notice). Sadly GPU-Z reports that this driver does not support neither directcompute 4.1, nor opencl. But the performance in game is quite noticeable. - Reboot
    5. Ran both cleaners from UPD driver, reboot
    6. Went on with the setup of UPD driver. Problems. It starts ok, but when it comes to the driver install part, it seems it tries to install the driver, the screen blinks, and then continues to blink in a loop (as long as I would let it). After a hard reboot, as it's to be expected, does not work and blinks some more. Tried it two times.

-- Noob user out.

11. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    The monitor does just re-install itself not even able to disable it, has no effect does not survive reboot.

12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, so this bug occurs when using the Official 10.2 Legacy Driver and drivers before it?

The next UPD build should have the green screen bug resolved for Legacy Perf. (HD 5000 and 6000 Users) I recommend waiting for that version. The UPD build should be used for Updating as it will allow you to keep the stability of your previously Installed Driver. The Non UPD is meant to fix things BSOD's, Crossfire related issues etc... The Latest UPD build includes another performance Switcher. But I recommend waiting for the new version.

Hmm did you try using the Default WDDM driver and the UPD build?
    I recommend waiting for the new UPD build as it resolves some installation problems that Users may experience.

Driver Sweeper isn't really necessary, especially when using DDU, using the included cleaner plus DDU should be enough. The UPD build is a dumb down version of the normal cleaner so it does not conflict with settings from the driver you are trying to upgrade from.

Legacy Performer D is base on the 9.xx Series driver so you may want to try it.

In the next build I resolved some installation bugs, personally Iv'e never seen this bug in any of my test but the next UPD build should be better.

Go to screen resolution by right clicking and choosing screen resolution on your desktop. Next highlight the second monitor that is not in use then click on the drop down menu for multiple displays. After doing so you should see the following option (Remove this display). Click on it then apply the settings.

13. sargentbash

sargentbash Guest

GPU:
    sorry im little lost what and were do i find the Default WDDM drivers?

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    It should be installed in device manager. If it's not there you can go to device manager then go to display adapter and update to the Default WDDM driver using the option that says search the internet.

Follow the link below to get an Idea of the procedure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbXatmo4QBU

15. sargentbash

sargentbash Guest

GPU:
    hey ok ive sorted out was being stupid all is ok and working. thanks again :)

16. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    Not an option for me. I belive i have done this before though so it may still be at effect. The screen is blacked out and not in use though still there. At boot the screen is still used as standard however. The remove screen in ccc have the same effect. The screen is removed from the list of used screens but at boot it still is used. Resulting in black screen but lit backlight.

17. virtualcai

virtualcai Guest

GPU:
    ATI X1400
    Yes, exactly (at least on my T60). I tried the Win 7 driver from the windows update catalog (8.561.0.0) and also the older one for vista from lenovo (8.383.1.1) both working with windows 8 but with the mentioned bug in 8.1

thx for interest and hopefully further advice

18. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    ok i will wait for the new version of UPD Build ...
    thanks again :)
    tell me why u said Driver Sweeper isn't really necessary... coz after i used DDU & both Cleaners listed as aSimple Cleanup Utility and aSimple Driver Cleanup in safe mode.... the driver sweeper found some missing amd files and Driver fusion found another different files of amd too D: ... here i screenshots em
    - This by using Driver Sweeper it found 4 of amd files :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/jpq2.png/
    - This by using Driver Fusion, it found 10 of amd files :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/0l7l.png/
    what that mean ??
    i always uninstall previous driver by using these steps:
    1- using amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0 for windows 7 (not good with windows 8 as it is very bad and can remove some of windows files).
    2- using both Cleaners aSimple Cleanup Utility and aSimple Driver Cleanup.
    3- using DDU .
    4- using driver sweeper & Driver fusion.
    5- reboot & install amd without any problems :) .

19. tape_artist

GPU:
    HD4850
    Well, if I run driver sweeper after DDU it still finds many files yet to be cleansed. Furthermore, I think I've found (by accident, mind you) a folder that none of the cleaners clean: c:\windows\assembly. Shouldn't this be cleaned also?

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I want you to try removing the monitor through Windows Screen resolution settings again then switch your currently installed display driver to the Default Windows Basic Adapter then restart your system.

You can try changing the TDRDelay
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...igure-registry-correctly-solve-tdr-issue.html

I will create a switcher for you to make that change if you encounter problems.

Image One
    Those entries are disabled after the services get removed. (So cleaning is not necessary. But, I will probably implement an alternate option for cleaning those entries. (Just in Case Users decide to use a Nvidia GPU as their main GPU)

Image Two
    The Second image mostly consist of files related to event viewer....Cleaning is not necessary as the user should be able to clear those logs when using event viewer. The last key in Driver Fusion hasn't been implemented in my cleaner yet. (I will probably delete later, but cleaning those entries is not required as both cleaners removes the services so the remaining keys are automatically disabled.)

What AMD related files did you find in that folder?