Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wunderbar_007, Mar 13, 2010.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Two registry tweaks fixed it? :-O Nice! :D I hope they roll it out as a small patch or something.

Uncle Dude, how is the game? :D Have they made any changes to the FEMA camp after Detroit? I hated that level :p

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I just replayed this game...might do it again.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    From the sounds of it it's really just the bosses.

Think missing link boss I believe.

Also, tying the missing link into the main story is pretty cool, the game will be super long now.

I started a replay when I heard about the wii u version (not announced on anything else at this point), only got as far as hengsha though, and only halfway through that, so i'm willing to go again. Perhaps in new game + for the cheaty fun.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I remember another tweak for original DX:HR:

create (or just set value) DWORD "D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS" = 1 under key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\"

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @mbk1969,
    not recomended for Intel+Nvidia setups...it may cause major fps drop. But may benefit (threading optimization=off) while runing with previous gen (phenom2, etc.) AMD cpu's...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Looks pretty interesting. I REALLY hope they fixed the boss fights, so that you actually CAN use a stealth setup to defeat a boss. I remember that being my main gripe with this game back in the day, actually now looking back, I never really finished, got stuck on the last boss, becuase I had a sub-par rig and mostly stealth oriented skills. I just kept running out of ammo :(

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I remember when game opening videos became a 1 FPS slideshow (don`t remember whose fault - AMD, NVidia or Eidos themselves) that value saved me. I mean I don`t remember which my rig was affected - old AMD or curent Intel...

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    What profile you use for DC ? Original? Missing Link`s? Or completely custom?

Edit: I don`t know whether profile can influence color, light effects...

Edit2: Does DC install beside original one?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I believe in that interview I linked earlier they said it is now possible to take out a Boss without firing a shot ;)

of all the things in that imgur comparison, I did not like laser sight's red dot flaring up as a white on the wall in the new Directors Cut... i guess the Devs thought the little red dot was hard to see on the small screen of the Wii U.
    - I hope they patch that for the PC version.

Overall the original had issues and I think the corrections they made to "improve" things kinda mainly dulled things over... perhaps a little too much creating as much of an opposite wrong feeling, while occasionally getting it right.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Me too, the original appears noticeably better to me, artistically and also technically.

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It's already possible in the original version with Barrett: one EMP grenade and 3-4 frag mines.
    Not really stealthy, but technically 'not firing a shot'. :p

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    is the change in engine as drastic as with Riddick EFBB vanilla to the Athena engine. That **** was ugly.

Dont know if ill actually pick this up, i enjoyed the orignal version just fine, boss fights were boss fights, just keep emps and grenades on had and youll be able to beat any boss with any play style.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sorry but those weren't created by me, I'm only sharing what I found on the internet. DC is independent of the original game.

15. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Serious ? You like that yellow tint ? :puke2:

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, there isn't a huge difference anyway but the colour scheme on the DC is crappy and cartoony looking I'm comparison.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The visual upgrade is pretty neat, I noticed this since I played the missing link DLC (which already had the updated engine), can't wait to play it through for like the 5th time. :nerd:

19. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Overall I like bits from both versions.

The original had too many surfaces unnaturally bright, like Very Bright looking peoples clothes that should be in shadow.
    - was quite wrong feeling

The new one has some areas looking too dull... but overall that wins I think by managing to look far less obviously completely fake/wrong.

Feel I am leaning towards the Director's Cut version :)

Not convinced I would want to play more than $5 (my bracket) for it though.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Steam says it unlocks the 25th yet there's no option to pre-order the DC upgrade. Well, guess I'll have to wait then.

Anyone here who's already made something like a SweetFX profile for it? I'm quite happy I hadn't finished it the first time around so now I can enjoy all of it, again, with the upgraded parts (both engine and SweetFX).