bank debit card info stolen

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dsbig, Oct 22, 2013.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    yeah..

had it happened to anyone else recently?

had two charges for moneybookers for 26.95

and seelbach for 9.99

total around $70

and impulse 0.01. this one is pending so hopefully it doesnt increase. bank says to call back if it changes.

they closed the card and issuing me a new one. and reversed the transactions.
    I havent used my debit card in 4 months and now this. :bang:

had dept problems as it is and someone had to do this...

Im trying to figure out how it happened. only way it could of happend is from all the hacking done to sites.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Have you purchased anything online with the card? Last time I had my debit card information stolen was a few years ago and I figured out a few months ago where it originated from - Rakuten/Buy.com

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    almost happend to me, but the money was being (attempted anyway) to be spent on something i wouldnt buy and seemed, to the lady from the bank that rang me, to not fit in with my usual spending habits, so the bank contacted me to ask whether i have actually approved said transfer. I hadnt, so they declined the transfer.

If your bank is any good, contact them and inform them that the tranfers are fruadulant and to reverse them, if they dont, just threaten them with changing banks.

If that doesnt work, ask for more info as to when an where this purchase has been made and on what, that sort of thing.

If you get some bull**** answer of 'sorry but we cant help you, or provide you with that information', consider the money lost and have your debt transfered to a diffrent bank/loan consolidator and close your account with that bank asap. I think thats what its called.

Its your money and if your bank isnt prepared to help you and do their job of keeping your money safe, then a lawsuit is easy enough.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    only amazon and paying bills, stardock.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    what was the moneybookers and seelbach for, what was bought

6. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I had my credit card stolen when I called sears.... they went on itunes after

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    last time I used moneybookers was 3 year ago for filesharing site.

8. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    One reason I use a debit card is because you can only spend what you have on your account. I have two accounts in my bank, one for the debit card which is always empty and my savings account. When I need to buy something, I log into my bank account, transfer the amount of money I need to spend and make my purchase, so I never have funds on my debit card account for more than a minute or so. Afterwards, if anyone were to steal my card info he would have his transactions declined due to lack of funds.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    sorry dsbig, didnt read your whole post, now i see that bank did their job. Best outcome you could ask really.

I check my statements online everyday. i recommend it.

@vidra
    Thats the same with me,:)

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's happened to me twice. It's a big pain in the @ss to get it fixed with a debit card.

I would start using a credit card instead if you have one. At least then your money isn't getting stolen directly out of your bank account.

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Happened a few times but have never had money taken, always been intercepted by the bank and they've called to see if it was me or not.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If you have a good bank it's easy to deal with had someone get a hold of my debit card info once they stated using at some stores in Manhattan NY I check my account once a day noticed the two pending charges transferred what money I had in the account to a separate account and called my Credit Union fixed right then.

13. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  14. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    happened to me once few years ago. someone used my card to buy PUMA shoes totaling around hundred something. needless to say, i called the bank and they closed the card, reversed the transaction and refunded my money although the latter took a while.

fyi when you use you card to pump gas, always use the pumps that are in view of the employee/cashier inside. heard about stories most gas pumps with hijacking devices in the atm are at pumps that are blocked from the employee's view.

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    just wanted to make an update.

my dad debit card just had the same problem.

I was just thinking about something. both our cards where registered when vudu.com got there stuff stolen

edit: but then vudu says they didnt have full credit numbers on those drives that where stolen.

but strange that both me and my dad account had same debit charges.

something fishy going on here.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

16. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    itunes is a tester before a big purchase. I had my credit card number stolen 2 years ago and I had charges from itunes, match.com, train ride in Germany for $600 and Dell.com for $2000. It sucked but my cc company took care of me.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    cancel and reissue keep it simple.

18. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Family or close friend? someone who is close I'd guess..