Mobility HD3470 X2 (Hybrid with 3200) and Windows 8 drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by otheos, Oct 15, 2013.

1. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Hello,

I have been looking everywhere but cannot find a driver set.

I bought windows 8 for my Amilo PA-3553 that has a hybrid crossfire graphics adapter.

That is a 3470 with its own 256MB ram and the onboard 3200 with shared 320MB.

I currently use Catalyst CC with MS drivers (otherwise no video on Metro apps, I found that out on my wife's system with the hd4850) and have the 3200 disabled as it will not start up (in crossfire) with error code 10.

In windows 7 everything worked fine, hybrid graphics worked and I could take advantage of all the power of my ageing system.

I looked here for a solution but could not find one.

So, is there a (custom) driver set that will work on Windows 8 and allow both my adaptes to work in crossfire as in windows 7? Will Metro apps video work with it?

And while I'm here, is there a way to use latest AMD drivers with my wife's hd4850 and have metro apps video working? I don't mind the MS driver but I am sure the AMD ones can give better performance.

Thanks.

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver should support all Graphic Cards mentioned above, I recommend trying it. As for Windows 8.1 Support should perfect for Legacy HD 4000 Users if they make use of the Dx9 Switcher Folder.

Metro Apps Should work.....
    Hybrid Crossfire may or may not so you may have to download a another version from the Previous Build section.

Anyways try the latest 12.11 Modded Driver before trying another version from the Previous Build Section.

Here is the Link to the Page Containing the Latest Driver.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  3. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Thanks for the reply.

The driver you linked works well on my wife's 4850 (win8.1) and will also try it on my sons 4670 (still on windows 8) and will let you know.

In a huge irony, my 3470x2 laptop died before I could try this driver. Smoke came from the grills and it's now completely dead. RIP.

One more question (irrelevant to OP but may it's not worth another thread).

My wifes 4850 is not being picked up by Photoshop CC and as such no HW accelerated filters work. With this driver you can tick the box in preferences for HW acceleration however it says right above it "No GFX etc etc". With AMD's driver it's grayed out. Any ideas?

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmmm, I will see if there is anything I can do about the Photoshop CC bug. I will get back to you on that later.

5. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Many thanks for all your help and work.

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Strangely I can't find that option on the version of Photoshop CC when using my HD 5570 and HD 4350. However even so I still prepared a build for you to Test. I will send it to via PM.

7. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Thanks, I will check it out in a moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok, that tab should not displaying that message.

The Latest version of the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver is up. Hopefully it will help resolve the issue you are currently experiencing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  9. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Many thanks.

The driver DOES work (you need to disable h/w acceleration, restart CC, re-enable).

However I cannot use it (or any other modded driver anymore) as I am stuck behind digital signature issues.

I can disable Digital signature enforcement and start, install and test, but when I restart it goes back to blocking the driver again. I cannot always re-start with enforcement removed (it's my wife's system it's too much to ask from her).

Any ideas how this can be solved (working in 1024x768 as we speak).

Many many thanks.

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Install an OFFicial AMD driver then use the UPD build to upgrade it. That should resolve the Signature issue. (You can also do this with the default WDDM Driver.)

I released V11.10.6.4 yesterday and today I will release V11.10.6.5 to resolve a few bugs along with a Driver component upgrade.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

11. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Thanks again. Something is broken. I am back on the MS WDDM1.1 driver now. Nothing else will install.

Official driver or modded driver comes up with "Package Failure" error message. Uninstalling from control panel comes with same error message.

Thanks a million.

12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    When installing the UPD Build you need to use the Cleaners Included in the Dx9 Switcher before proceeding to install the driver.

13. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Sorry, I'm wasting your time.

The driver installed finally. However CCC doesn't show any options...

I cleaned everything (DU). Installed 13.1. Driver installed but CCC problematic. Used UPD, driver installed, still CCC problematic.

I used the cleaners to begin with and that is how I started with the digital signature errors.

I will leave it as is for today and try again tomorrow.

I really appreciate the time and effort. Many thanks again.

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Here is the Installation Guide Users Upgrading
    a Driver That is currently Installed.

-Download and Extract UPD Build
    -Run both Cleaners Included in the Dx9 Switcher Folder
    -Install the UPD Build through AMD Setup.
    -INSTALLATION COMPLETE.

Here is the Installation Guide For Users Installing
    a driver before installing the UPD Build.

-Download and Extract Display Driver Uninstaller from HERE
    -Run the Cleaner then Choose the Second or First Uninstallation Option
    -Install the Driver you wish to Use with the UPD Build.
    -Download and Extract UPD Build
    -Run both Cleaners Included in the Dx9 Switcher Folder
    -Install the UPD Build through AMD Setup.
    -INSTALLATION COMPLETE.

15. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Thanks very much. I will try again tomorrow and will post my findings.

Photoshop, however, works well. Thanks.

16. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    OK I have now spent 3 hours on this with no success.

13.4 no longer installs (package failure). Non UPD modded drivers too.

13.1 driver installs and CCC works perfectly with all the settings available.

UPD driver installs on top but all CCC settings are gone (apart from Hydravision which I don't use).

Where I am at:

Uninstalled all drivers from control panel. Then ran DU and I unplug the network cable. I am now back to MS Basic (non AMD) driver (1024x768).

At this point only the 13.1 driver installs successfully. Everything works fine (except for the bugs of course).

Then, I run the two cleaners on "DX9 Switcher BETA 9.8 UPD" folder of 11.10.6.4 UPD driver (aSimple CleanUP Utility, aSimple Driver Cleaner).

As soon as I do this, and before installing the driver, all settings from CCC are gone.
    The UPD driver then installs fine (except for HDMI audio that always fails and have now disabled it), but there are no settings on CCC.

I have also tried not to run the two cleaners before updating, but the result is the same, i.e. no settings in CCC.

I have also tried to update the driver manually. That is, to install only 13.1 and then go to Device manager and update to the UPD driver by navigating through "I got disk" to the package folder of UPD.

The driver does install, but CCC, again, loses all settings. It is "obvious" to me that the driver either doesn't have or is not compatible with the available settings of CCC. Once a revert back to the 13.1 driver (again from device manager), the settings are back.

So there are two weird issues here:

First, 13.4 and non UPD modded drivers fail to install with the package failure error.
    Second, once the UPD driver is installed all CCC settings are gone.

Thanks for everything,

Alex.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Which version of the UPD build are you you using? Did you download the Latest version? The older version has installation problems when user attempt to install the HDMI Driver. Also are you installing all packages that comes with the UPD build or are you using another set of Packages?

Did the Package Cleaner (aSimple Cleanup Utility) not Cleanup the packages from 13.1/13.4?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  18. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Hi again,

I have now tried the latest (.5) and indeed the HDMI issue is gone. Not much else otherwise in terms of CCC settings.

I cannot see what the two cleaners to, as the cmd prompts are scrolling text too fast to see.

BTW, the only driver that installs cleanly is the 13.1. Starting from after DDU (the MS basic -nonAMD- driver) everything else gives package failure.

So after 13.1 I run the cleaners (and immediately observe that all the CCC settings are gone). I then install from AMD setup of the UPD package and everything installs (with some warnings -not logged though). CCC settings not there though.

Something else I noticed: Once I reach above condition (UPD driver installed, CCC without settings), Photoshop works fine. If I then run the cleaners again, although the driver remains the same, Photoshop cannot see the h/w acceleration anymore.

I don't know what the cleaners do, but the whole issue (package failure, and digital signatures) started once I first ran them.

Before that, I could clean with DDU, install any driver I tried (13.1, 13.4. modded 10.3) fine. Now I cannot even do that, so something is messed up and my last restore point is unfortunately before the 8.1 update (and cannot go back there).

Thanks again.

P.S. I have not tested gaming performance with these drivers (this PC does some gaming to). Otherwise, even at this point (and with Photoshop and ModernUI apps working) my wife doesn't complain. But there is something that needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, can I take a look at your system via Team Viewer?

20. otheos

otheos Guest

GPU:
    HD3740 X2
    Of course. Let me see how it is done, thought.