Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    HAH! :) I have one 19" PHILIPS DVI LCD too... Im gonna try it.. But what are the settings you use for this kind of setup?

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Yeah they are not bad at all for the price and size, sub is nice too. But headphone+amp+essence st is where it's at.

Good headphones for bf4 is a must the sound is just amazing.

@eclap

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlescreen/show/

Go to that in your browser and at anyone else use that link to open battescreen on a second screen.

@Xtreme512

I run all ultra in game no msaa and medium post aa oh and textures on high because 2gb vram is not enough no matter what others have said. The game simply doesn't load the ultra textures unless you go right up to objects. Can cause drops too.

Windows 8.1 set up my 2nd monitor all on its own very smooth.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Might be worth picking up a 17" monitor off eBay, they can be had for around £15.

4. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    [​IMG]

@DesGaiZu: Yes true! Im using 8.1 pro x64 RTM(got from dreamspark prem :D lol) and in nvidia pnael I set this 2nd lcd and its OK. :)

btw, Im also on everything ultra 2x msaa and post aa high, vram usage is around 1800 Mb. why are yo uhaving troubles with ultra texture fps drops ? I hardly notice it.. game runs fine in here..

are you using latest drivers? Maybe the cpu holding you down.

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    @DesGaizu: how did you open the deployment page on browser?

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It's not fps it's vram running out, the game runs fine but it won't load all the ultra textures if doesn't have enough vram.

This is not just my findings on a single system either I've also spoken about how the game streams data with frostbyte dev's. The game needs 3gb vram to load all the ultra textures and if it runs out it simply loads lower res ones. Most people won't notice unless you start going up to objects and checking the textures up close.

It's just this link

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlescreen/show/

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    About vram, thats really interesting and I was wondering the same. I feel like Im out of vram 1080p 2xaa with a 1gb card. Sometimes it really looks like lower textures even when I am only on high settings.

8. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    @DesGaizu: I see, its battlescreen.. :) But why I couldnt found it by myself? I just looked over the battlelog menus and couldnt find a link to this page until you gave me this link I pasted it in the browser.. funny..

For vram, graphics card can share system ram too, so if yo uout of vram, graphic card will start to use a little amount of system ram, to see this go to right click desktop screen resoluton and advance settings.. yo usee the total amount and dedicated / shared amount.

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    No proper link for it on battlelog yet as everything is still just in beta testing, Their is also a secret assignment page

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/DesGaiZu/assignments/226618533/pc/

And yeah it will use system ram pool but just remember how much slower it is compared to GDDR5

10. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    ^^ Wait for Windows 8.1 proper DX 11.2 drivers maybe?!Until Maxwell or next gen from AMD I really don`t see a reason to upgrade...but thats just me!

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I'm already moving to a 290x, 680 is good as sold.

In mantle we trust :)

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm looking forward to your feedback DesGaizu, I'm thinking of making the same move myself, I'm just not sure if not to wait for Maxwell first and also by that time some aftermarket 290x editions to be out as well.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im jealous mate. But awesome. Thanks for being the test dummy lol. If I can scrape the funds Im getting a HD 7950 for around $200 usd. Its awesome GCN supports mantle all around.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Just hope they release before bf4 otherwise i'll be missing out on release day.

I'm sure maxwell will be good but prices will be crazy like all nvidia cards recently also mantle may push 290x past what ever nvidia bring out which is what I care about most.

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super

16. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Mantle not expected till Dec. for BF4, if it even actually works. A lot of rumors.

There's a 290 and a 290x. Also don't forget all other AMD card like the 280 and down are just rebadged models from their old lineup.

Only new card from AMD is the 290x. I don't know if they 290 is a rebadged or new card, didn't look into that one.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    We know all of that, we also know 290 is not a rebrand. Ta

18. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Apparently it's been reported that the Alpha version didn't have even half the issues that the Beta has.

I can only assume that the biggest issues with the game are Dice and their AMD deal and their deal with Microsoft to use Win8.

MS wants Win8 sales/used more, I get that but for Dice to put most of there effort into a new OS that most don't want and leave Win7 users behind, I think will turn out to be a big mistake.
    There are more Win7 users than there ever will be Win8. I personally won't switch to another OS for a game. If you can't code a game to work with one of the most popular OSes of all time, then i'll pass. I don't care what deal they have, that's their fault and I hope they get a lot of backlash over it.

BF4 beta to me is a joke. 3 patches, really? You don't see many Betas get patched, let alone 3 times and the game still don't work properly. Kinda hard to test a game when you can't load into the game or frame rate dips are so bad that it makes the game unplayable. There are plenty of reports on these. Some get fixed, a lot don't.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    This.

I'm more than aware of what the 280 is, It's just what nvidia did with the 770 and below.

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

You don't seem to understand what a beta is.

Also you missed the windows 8 hate train by 12months, most people have come to accept that it's a better os than 7. Saying that I know plenty of people running the bf4 beta on w7 just fine and I run it fine on nvidia hardware.

So yeah you are talking sh1t :)