Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    AO btw in MY nVidia Applet is not selectable. It is greyed out.

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i call it invisible AO
    but nvidia need add AO to games atr most played by users not games that already have AO

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nope it works! Yes with 327.xx it didnt work at all.

look here 331.40 driver HQ, corners or that railroad on the floor get AO shades
    [​IMG]

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    driver crash while watching youtube and MPC video player (version 1.7)running video file at same time. youtube page froze but no high pitched loopy sound.
    on win8.1 preview.

5. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    These drivers are so crap and the BF4 beta is unplayable in SLI. I'm not going to bother buying it, until there is a fix.

I have Windows 8. I get 100% CPU usage but my GPU's aren't showing a smooth transition, hence why the game is stuttering and not smooth (All ultra, 4MSAA 1080p, 100% Resolution, 72 FOV). I get better performance in Metro Last Light with 2XSuperSampling and that game blows BF4 in the graphics department.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also my PC does not come out of hibernate, the screen just flashes and honestly the only way to get my machine working again is to unplug it from the wall. A reboot does not cut the mustard unfortunately.

Also my CMS Lite (CCTV monitoring) software no longer displays my cameras, luckily I can view them from my Android device or laptop but not my gaming rig since I installed these drivers.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Same experiences, running like a dream here too. :)

7. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Is nvidia aware of these crashing while browsing the web watching youtube videos issues? When is the next driver coming? Will they fix this crap?

8. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    DICE released a patch today to supposedly address CPU issues. I didn't notice any improvement. You need to lower your mesh settings and set forcereadahead to 0.

Also try with default driver settings. 320.49 might be better for your setup.

9. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    I did a completely fresh install of 331.40, I used the Nvidia driver remover and still encounter this crashing while using flash, it makes the screen freeze, then turn black then it will come back to my desktop.

Is there any fix to this? Maybe I'll use Firefox for the time being?

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    No issues here as well, my new cards are working great.

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    [​IMG]

12. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    This was taken post patch and changing mesh does nothing I'm afraid.

13. Mystic_Monkey

Mystic_Monkey Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR
    So is there any news on when us 560ti Twin frozr or even just 560ti user will have a workable driver or are Nvidia gonna just keep ignoring us and hopefully we will just go away, See we don't care Nvidia it was only us who put our faith into you as a company when we purchased our cards in the first place, The very least you could do is acknowledge to us there is an issue:banana: :stewpid:

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I been using the driver for a while now, I haven't had any crashes at all while watching videos. I haven't had any game issues as well, so this driver been working great for me.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    and :p

Its working by me I saw it on corners, btw it works in FEAR1 too with COD4mw flag.

16. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    My rig has the exact same problem as yours in BF4. SLI gets such poor utilization and constantly drops FPS so that it is completely unplayable. 40-60% GPU utilization with wildly eratic framerates.

17. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Played for an hour today, ran flawlessly with pretty high GPU utilization.

18. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    For some weird reason the fps limiter in these drivers as accessed by Nvidia Inspector stops working after a period of time. It's happened in Splinter Cell Blacklist and Dead Island Riptide for me so far...

The limiter in Precision/Riva Statistics Server works fine.

Odd.

19. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    I'm running three GTX Titans on an X79 Extreme11 motherboard with a Core i7 4960X. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.

About 1 out of 5 times when I boot the PC up it will show "Starting Windows" and then either go to a black screen or boot into windows with default VGA driver loaded. In that case it will show exclamation marks next to each Titan in the control panel. Previous drivers never did this. What's going on?

This is what I see in Event Viewer:

Edit: Figured it out. It's not a driver problem. When I cleaned my PC a few weeks ago I forgot to use the lock on the PCI-E slot for the second Titan. Over time the small vibrations in the PC must have knocked it loose enough to constantly disconnect. I would be playing a game and would see TDR messages at any random time. Taking all of the cards out and putting them back in fixed the issue. Made sure all of the locks on the PCI-E slots were in place.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    How much time, roughly? I haven't had this happen and I always use the limiter.
    I did not import any old profiles this time around though and I don't use any of the pre-made options from the drop-down menu.