SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I asked for that once. It isn't really possible since everything is made of RGB and well I guess we'll need something like a threshold allowing only colours above it to appear.....not sure it's possible in the ideal way I'm imagining.

And I assume you are talking about Visual C++ Redist?
    I have this link which is basically a compilation of all of them. I use it all the time in different systems when required.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yvo0u5lrac3whv2/WNNR1n2fQz/Visual%20C%2B%2B%20Redist%20Installer%20V26b.exe

2. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    yeah it seems like they dont include 32bit redist files with their games anymore if you are on 64 bit.
    and does anyone know any Databases with settings for sweetfx since sfx.thelazy.net went down

3. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Just need to say, CeeJay, the RGB balance option in Vibrance is really useful! Thanks for that.

Just wait some minutes. It will be online again sooner or later.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

There's something that Boulotaur did for FF14 that others don't do and I don't know what it is.

5. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Agreed it's awesome.

6. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Well I'm not sure how you are imagining it, but I'm thinking something like how Most Wanted does it. The darks are black, the brights are white and everything in between are a shade of red.

Could be done with a conversion to monochrome - see the monochrome shader code, and then a colorization - see the sepia code, but only for certain brightness ranges.
    Then probably also a ****load of contrast.

Alternatively you can do it the Sin City way of converting RGB to HSL (well just hue) and boosting the color if it's near a specified hue (like a shade of red) - everything else get's monochromed. Then add ****load of contrast.

It's back up. Terrasque thinks his server provider rebooted his server.

Thank whoever thought of it first. It was a user suggestion - I forgot who made the suggestion.

Settings like these are extremely easy to add, and since the color is already modified on a component basis anyways in the shader units, this doesn't cost any more performance than not adjusting the strength per component does.

Let me know if there are other settings that would be nice to have per component modifiers for.

BTW I figured out an easy way to use the RGB balance modifers.

First I'd Vibrance set to something like 0.15 and then setting Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(1.00, 2.00, 1.00) if I wanted twice the amount of green effect, but then I need to do math in my head to find the right values and it feels like an odd way to adjust the vibrance.

Now I do :
    Vibrance 1.0
    Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(0.15, 0.30, 0.15)

. that is I set the per component strength I wanted with Vibrance_RGB_balance and then use Vibrance as a master gain control.
    1.00 for 100% and then I can just dial it up or down once I've found the RGB balance I was looking for.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Is it possible hide this? It's the Explosion shader. It makes some black noise around the edges.

[​IMG]

The Chromatic Aberration shader i found has a similar problem.
    [​IMG]

8. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    All chromatic aberration does is basicly splitting the RGB channels and shifting each of these a little. The artifacts probably occur because the screen border does no longer have those three channels overlayed. Could be fixed by stretching the overall image a little bit over the screen borders, so you won't see these anymore.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  9. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    any chanche to make sweet fx work with fifa 14?

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    It doesn't work with FIFA 14? That's interesting.. They didn't change engines with the PC version so it should still work the same, perhaps turn off MSAA?

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I'm thinking it might be fixed by editing d3d9.fx (if it's a DX9 game) and changing :
    Code:
    AddressU  = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp;
    to

Code:
    AddressU  = Mirror; AddressV = Mirror;
    Note : K-putt is using Boulotaurs version .. I'm not sure if it's called d3d9.fx in that.

Edit:
    Hmm I can't reproduce this in 1.5.1 with the explosion shader.
    Maybe it's only in Boulotaurs version.

Edit 2:
    I can't reproduce it in Boulotaurs version either (I'm using the 1.5.1 + boulotaurs injector provided by K-putt)

I can however suggest a workaround until we find out what causes this.
    Use the Border shader to hide the ugly borders.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Uh. No.:3eyes:

FF14 runs on a modified version of the Crystal Tools Engine used to make FFXIV 1.0 and FFXIII (As well as DQX).

Tomb Raider runs on a modified version of the Crystal Engine, which was previously used for Deus Ex HR, TR:Legend and Underworld

13. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    Does anyone have a settings txt file that would relate to how final fantasy cinematics are with the white shades on it to make it look more high depth, i want it for ffxiv ad im suprized noone made it

14. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    FFXIV 1.0 failed because Crystal Tools couldnt handle rendering an MMO. 2.0 uses Luminous which i'm 95% sure is a modified Crystal Engine. Deus Ex, TR:2013, and FFXIV ARR all look very similar if you look at them, and that's why. The config files look very similar too (which you see all the time with Unreal Engine games.)

15. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yep, still using his Injector.
    It is a workaround yes, but that means i have 4pixel wide borders all the time. Those effects from chromatic or explosion aren't there all the time.

And in Boulotaurs injector are FXAA_DX9.fx or SMAA_DX9.fx files in the shader folder.
    I changed what you suggested in the SMAA_DX9.fx file, but those borders are still there.

I also just tried to use your injector and this chromatic shader, and it works just perfectly. So it's really something on Boulotaurs end.

16. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I got my copy of Boulotaur's working with Chromatic Aberration.

My copy doesnt have .fx files in it. I put the ChromaticAberration.h file in the shaders folder, and then put the corresponding lines in the main.h and copied the CA settings from K-putt's settings file to my settings.txt file. The CA is really strong in FFXIV, i had to set the outofFocus to .001, lol.

17. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yep, i added those in there in the first place :D
    But those shaders have this ugly border with Boulotaur's injector.

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Weird, i didnt even notice a border in FFXIV, lol. Bright scenes look pretty nice for me with the Chromatic filter set very low, though (.001).

The only drawback is that by it's nature it blurs the image. I ended up turning up the Lumasharpen to compensate.

19. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    You ARE talking to K-putt :p

20. FireFreak111

FireFreak111 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 2GB
    Well, it seems eFX 2.0 has now got an alpha. http://crosire.tk/?p=113

1.9. Once it's stable we can have the best injector with the best shaders combined for an amazing experience. eFX + SweetFX = Perfection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.