Call of Duty: Ghosts - Squads Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    experience with cutting edge AI, Squads lets you play a variety of new game modes with your customized squad-mates. Play solo against another player and their squad, or cooperatively with friends, com...

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Squads Trailer

2. Q6600

Q6600 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF GTX 3080
    Sigh........:puke2:

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol .. I saw the MMS and Dragonfire from Black Ops 2 in that trailer. Anyways, it's cool I guess. Still waiting on the anti-cheat and server tech used in the PC version instead of hi-res textures and stuff.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So if MP is too hard for you, you can now play easy mode. lol.

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Looks like a great feature, especially for new players.

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Squads vs Squads...team DM then?
    Almost all of these 'new features' are rebranded classic modes available since UT or Quake.
    Granted no specific AI routine tailored to specific weapon loadout but by the gods...

While it's great for new players, the squad's offline feature most likely would produce high-leveled feeders on MP depending on the AI.
    I mean, experience from fighting against bots is carried over to the real MP aspect?
    Getting experience from doing nothing because your squad can be challenged by other people? What?
    And what are the chances 'AI difficulty scales with your skill/level' doesn't simply mean better aimbot?

I'm half-expecting 'I broke COD Ghosts' from BirgirPall when this comes out. :p

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Too much battlefield copy cat features.

8. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Battlefield never had a chance.

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I love posts like this, I always imagine the person giving a thumbs up to their framed Battlefield poster after hitting submit.

10. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    This feature is completely different than Battlefield's squads other than having the same name. Squads in BF are to help organize players/friends cooperate in a large map. CoD MP doesn't use any real cooperation, the maps are a fraction of the size, and you pick your loadout and tend to run around by yourself like a maniac. In Ghosts, "Squads" is a new game mode where you design an AI squad. It will probably suck. But it is not a copycat feature.

So far I am completely unimpressed with Ghosts. Not a real new engine. lots of copy/pastes from BLOPS2.. Hell even the idle stand animations are copy/pasted from BLOPS2. I'll still buy it.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Haha .. same here! BF has become CoD with vehicles and large empty maps anyway.

What I'd love is the return of Unreal's assault mode :D Damn .. that was awesome! UT99 and 2004 were so much fun :(

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is like a new game right?

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Nope...Its an expansion pack called United Offensive...

:3eyes:

14. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    looking forward to this game of the year when i get a ps4

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    is this sarcasm...

sorry.. I can't tell xD

16. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Can't wait to buy this so when they release codes to unlock content already on my PS4, I'll pay money to unlock stuff I should of already been allowed to play. I also can't wait to support the next game that will be nothing more than a copy and paste game with a few brand new maps and new scripted single player game. This is awesome, I love paying so much money for maps to download even tho I use to get them for free off the internet on my PC.

17. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Gameplay wise they managed to fix up somethings I hated about all CoD's since MW1, I'll probably try this one at a friends place to see if it's worth getting. Wonder if their new engine is any better on PC, only seen console emulated footage so far of it.
    Isn't BF going for a copy paste routine now days? Making releases every year?
    Don't think I've seen any CoD threads or clips without BF supporters making those usual comments.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

not sure it will beat GTA5....who knows though?....

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    BF series is released every year?
    I thought they're more like ArmA.
    (as in amount of release-wise, not game mechanics-wise)

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They haven't been, I just remember a lot of articles after BF3 saying they're planning an annual release like the CoD series to overtake Activision in the FPS scene.
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-ditches-medal-of-honor-ip-as-battlefield-goes-annual/0110173

I just had a look now, they've recently commented on it and don't plan on going through with it anymore.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/27/bat...-dice-cant-build-a-game-every-year-says-bach/

Answered my own question :p