Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Spectator Mode is pretty cool. Glad to see that back. Also, does anyone know what Network Smoothing Factor is for? It's in the gameplay options. Default is set to 50% I played around with it from lowest to highest and saw no difference.

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Shame on them for raising the lowest bar.

It's for smoothing general movement in the game. If someon has poor connection and packets get dropped, the game interpolates between the updates based on your setting. Lower setting means that the players might warp around if network connection is poor. Higher setting means that you might get a little of lag due to game engine interpolation.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Is it me or is there hardly anyone playing the beta? Most servers are either empty or less than full? I know it's x64 only but damn it just seems dead out there.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm seeing it too. I have found a few that are pretty busy. But I would expect the rest to pick up come tomorrow.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Best thing so far in this beta is that I can take a hit or 2, then quickly find cover and survive instead of getting shot through the wall. Used to die to this a lot in bf3, not once in bf4. Nice.

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Yes i noticed it to. Overall it seems much better expirance than BF3.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I love the way leaning works, was testing it out this morning.

You can crouch behind some objects.. like the little barricade blocks for instance, then click left mouse to aim down sight and it will peak you over the object...

8. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    The BF betas have always had very little teamwork. Too many people are checking out performance, playing with gadgets and vehicles, destroying things, wanting to explore and learn the maps, etc. Need to get the full game going before we see or say how much teamwork there actually will be.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Isn't it possible to be 128 slot servers.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Uhm, did you scroll down in the server browser so Battlelog adds more Server to the list? There are tons of Server, no matter what time.

You mean click RMB for peak, right? Or do you have switched buttons? ;)

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No 64 player servers is max on PC. Im not sure how many will be max on next gen consoles.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So this is how it works! All i noticed is that if you scope aim and walk right/left you lean too, but couldnt work out how to peak from behind an object!

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I click on players so it lists servers in terms of populated/full and none populated.

Besides PhazeDelta1 said he had seen the same.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm pretty sure he means right button. Didn't know about peaking from crouch, interesting. Let's play tonight boys!

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i think i heard that BF4 pc will have 96 players.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Not many players because its closed beta yet. From friday you can expect boom in player population.

18. DrillaXX

DrillaXX Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    The reason there are few people playing is most likely due to the huge amount of bugs. I haven't got the best set-up in the world, but the performance issues are affecting people with high end machines equally. I assume the comments above are all from people who happen to be unaffected by this.

I get <5 fps on low and it actually improves on ultra? it crashes after about a minute but for many, many people the game doesn't even start.

I think dice have put too much reliance on open beta and not enough testing internally. I would say the game is still alpha for the masses. I've spent hundreds on EA games.. BF3, BF3 Maps, War fighter, FIFA, Crysis, Sim City etc.. and they have consistently pushed games out too early.

WTF! i was PROMISED a playable beta of BF4 after buying Warfighter. There was no mention that I would get access three days later if I didn't and after all this time, what I actually get is an utterly unplayable alpha! ...well done EA, you took my money and fooled me yet again!

19. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    i'm sure that Russians will make 128 slot servers, just like in BF3 ;p

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I only got access by buying Warfighter Limited Edition and I've been playing it since Oct 1. I'm confused why you've not been able to do the same then man.

Welcome btw. :)