Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I posted again 3-4 replies above and now its ok, very smooth even with crappy lower vram usage since v2.4, hopefully it stays that way:)

Weird, I guess it was mostly dogy driver install and useplatformclock =true fault (i deleted the value).
    And I didnt lower gfx settings much compared to my original post; only object detail to 150 from 180 or 200 and grass density from 8 to 6, I even raised VFX limit to 650.

Yeah AO gets a little hotter, but SSAA roasts it :D
    usually im at 68-70C, with SSAA 75-79C.

btw, I have it on SSD so str3aming shouldnt be a issue..

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, I am waiting for the Real "Open" beta. :)
    Anyways, who has a hammer?I guess I know the result. :D

3. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    driver work ok for all my game including battlefield 4. I am only disappointed about the graphic level of battlefield 4. Battlefield 3 was a lot better. :)

4. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I agree, BF3 looks and runs better, BF4 (sure its a beta, but its only 30days out) looks like ****, and runs even worse compared to BF3!? :( And i dont like the "feel" of it. But hopefully this beta is a earlier build and will be better on release (or after some patches post release)?!

5. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    hmm, as with 326.80 beta i am getting zero crashes or games problems but i do have hardware acceleration turned off in firefox, these 311.40 drivers have been installed for 32+ hours and they are fine up to now

will post back if i see any issues

6. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Same. Maybe its the Beta, maybe its the map used on the Beta, but im not impressed by BF4 graphics.

7. NemaLa

NemaLa Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX760 2GB
    I have also read some comments about Windows 8 being the ultimate solution for stuttering in BF4. I consider installing it, but I'm not sure that it will fix it.

Has someone here tried BF4 on both WIN7 & WIN8 and can confirm that WIN8 performs better?

Thanks.

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yes windows 8 using DX11.1 is way better than 7.

9. Axil

Axil Member

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX x 2
    Oops actually I have Windforce 3X 670GTXs (using just one atm though)

An after some testing it definitely is the driver screwing up TMT. Does it even on a clean install of Win 7 x64 (only TMT and nvidia driver installed)

10. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Interestingly I think that BF4 looks better overall by a huge margin, on the lighting/shadowing and overall post-processing like heat, smoke, etc. The whole thing looks a level above BF3 to me, buildings especially.

Feel-wise I love the new helicopters, but dislike the gun animations, it just feels like the AR-12 for example is barely moving when you're shooting. I do however like the tank setups, as your aim really matters now on where you're hitting. Shooting the armor can take upwards of 5 shots, but if you hit the base of the turret or the rear underneath in the center it can take only 2 (or 1 if it was already damaged by something else).

The beta has grown on me the more I play it, at first I was having fun but felt disappointed. However there are a LOT of little adjustments that add up to way more than the sum of their parts in my opinion. Having only one map obviously isn't too fun either, but that's just the beta demo. They probably could use to work on the game some seeing all the performance complaints and the inconsistent performance on many setups, and obviously there are bugs, but I'm looking forward to BF4 a lot now after having watched zero videos about it and pre-ordering premium+BF4 for $85 on faith from loving BF3.

Win8 here since it came out, no hitching/stuttering in BF3 at all with 670 4GB SLI oc'd & 327.23 drivers. Performs well and looks great. I know you weren't asking, but Win8 is a nice upgrade (in my opinion) anyway, so you may as well try :D.

11. Scientist

Scientist Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 OC 1 GB
    This drivers seams good for my 560 Ti the first one since 314.22,with last one i got a freeze after 30 min of web browsing, changed power management to Prefer maximum performance and Disabled Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Mozilla Firefox i think this is the fix for my 560 ti :)

12. Xipe

Xipe Member

GPU:
    SLI 980GTX
    Anybody have flickfering in some textures like somoke or sand?
    I have SLI 780 and lastest beta driver....

13. porky1982

porky1982 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Has anyone tried Castlevania with these drivers Im getting a black screen during fmv's ? I remember the game working fine when I first installed the game, I think it was with the 326.80 drivers.

Thanks

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    last 3 regular drivers have been ok for me, maybe I can finally retire 314.22. lol

15. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    I read an article today where somebody tried BF4 on both 7 and 8 and did indeed get on average 20FPS more. I can't find the article again to link it though, sorry.

EDIT - Ha! As soon as I posted this I remembered where I read it. http://www.gamepur.com/news/12283-b...windows-7-performance-no-shuttering-incr.html

It's the minimum FPS you need to look at. I've said all along that Win 8 gives better FPS, not at the top end, but in the dips in frames compared to 7. Makes for a smoother experience.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

16. NemaLa

NemaLa Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX760 2GB
    Thank you all for answering my question about WIN7 vs WIN8 in BF4.
    Because I built my computer especially for BF4, and because WIN 8 gives better experience than WIN 7, I will upgrade to 8 and post a comment in which I will tell you if it helped.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I can confirm Windows 8 is not stuttering like Windows 7 for BF4 beta

I installed Win7 2 days ago.. and Win8 yesterday with the sole purpose of playing the battlefield 4 beta.. Windows 7 was awful.. Windows 8 plays nice and smooth like BF3.

These drivers are crashing though... A bit annoyed at that.. because you know Web browsers are SO FREAKING SYSTEM HEAVY THAT THEY CAUSE DRIVER CRASHES AND LOCKUPS..

ohh no wait it's just the drivers..

OTLLLLL

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If that browser is Firefox, then it wouldn't surprise me.

Spent the last few years going back and forward to it and rather than getting better, it actually seems to be getting buggier.

Spent a few days with these drivers and everything seems great, only been playing Fifa14 and Shadow Warrior though, will get to BF4 beta when it's available for me in a few days.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Was actually on BattleLog... for all 4 crashes this morning using Internet Explorer 10.

I have turned off Hardware Acceleration so I'm really confused what is causing it.

All that was running was IE10 and Origin.

Ughh... getting used to Windows 8 again.. Well at least now I know Windows 8 plays BF4 beta very smooth but crashes more than Windows 7 with these drivers.

I hope NVIDIA throw out an awesome driver soon.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    As I understand any application utilizing DirectWrite and Direct2D is competing with OS itself. And having different versions of DirectX and different versions of WDDM is quite a task for a developer (either application or driver).

Edit: From wikipedia:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013