NVIDIA does $5 million deal with Ubisoft

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It looks like NVIDIA spend $5 million to optimize Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed 5 and Watch Dogs. In fact AMD also is rumored to have invested a similar sum in Battlefield 4, exact details about these...

NVIDIA does $5 million deal with Ubisoft

2. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    We need hybrid AMD/Nvidia graphic cards.

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wow It really does? That's pretty awesome. Low level hardware access should make for some amazing performance.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Do you mean the forthcoming Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag or the game after that?

But... uh-oh... I really do not like where this is going. A PC is a platform where all gamers should be able to enjoy the experience as much as everyone else regardless of whether they own an AMD or NVIDIA card. The problem is that games that are endorsed by AMD and NVIDIA typically run worst or have missing features on the other. That really isn't something I agree with even though NVIDIA have been including TXAA and PhysX in a limited of titles over the past few years. It's great when you own the hardware and the game looks and runs great but not so great if you're missing out on stuff or the performance is sub-par.

I can understand rivalry between Microsoft and Sony with their consoles boasting exclusive content over the other but it really shouldn't happen on the PC IMO.

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Could not agree more, whole thing is ridiculous. Given time though majority of games end up being optimized well for both. They're basically paying for a head start from what I understand. Something we are currently experiencing with the BF4 beta, well at least I hope that's the case..... better be! lol.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  6. Apatch

Apatch Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX1080 OC
  7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I do like AC and probably will enjoy Watchdogs but BF4 is much more important for me. This split that is once again created between gpus producers and specifically optimized games will be a lame one. No matter what gpu brand you have you will eventually love/want a game that is optimized for the other party...

8. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I also find this very dumb...put that money towards other stuff that matters...idk
    Anyways im not a business pro so lol

BTW after looking at bf4 forums and playing I can see my GTX 780 is doing better than just about every AMD card lol....

Im averaging 70-100 FPS on 2560x1440 and it appears alot of amd and nvidia users are having issues. BTW game is beta but I cant help to be concerned with the overall quality of th GFX I dont member this large of a difrence from bf3 beta to launch.

In fact alot of people agree bf3 looks better than bf4 which obv shoudlnt be.

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I hate to say it but games are fast becoming nothing more than interactive movies. All anyone cares about is the "awesome graphics". That's all that's talked about anymore. Sad.

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I too agree with this.

There is 1 somewhat funny point I'd like to make:
    Due to the micro-optimizations made for certain games (such as BF4 with Mantle), high-end main****** GPUs could have the performance of enthusiast GPUs. With the money you save on not buying an enthusiast GPU, you could buy both an AMD and Nvidia GPU and put both of them in your computer. Then, just play games on whichever GPU gets you a higher frame rate.

11. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    Umm yeah people care about graphics esp when the have computers that can easily run them....why would we want bad graphics wwhen spending 500+ on gpu's makes alot sense lol

Of course optimization is needed but should be a neccesity..shouldnt havto have company competeing over this totaly dumb. :infinity:

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

Well i for one,like the contents of the game rather then the graphics being all fancy since that gets old fast.
    Just wish Nv would dump a lot of cash for game optimizations with an idie more like CROTEAM.

13. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I defiantly agree if a game sucks it sucks lol

Id defiantly rather have content ver graphics but at the same time that doesnt give a pass for poor graphics in 2013....lol

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's Ubisoft. No amount of money is going to make their games not play like crap.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I have no issues here with the ubi games i play, anyways EA /DICE has outdone them all with 'buy windows 8 to play bf4 smooth'.
    this is ok for you yeah?, bf4, premium, windows 8 ..
    f that, dice please die, you too ea, ubi bring on watch dogs yeah!

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    How dare Microsoft make an OS that has better optimizations than its previous one. And shame on you DICE for taking advantage of those features. :rolleyes:

I hate EA just at much as the next guy, but I am perfectly fine with their decision to use the Windows 8 optimizations.

17. qgshadow

qgshadow Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI 2560x1440
    BF4 BETA doesnt have high res texture, same with BF3 BETA

and saying that your single 780 gtx getting 70-100 avg fps at 2560x1400 without saying the graphics settings is kinda useless.

18. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Everybody who owns PS4, Xbox and latest AMD video cards.
    Where you got your "few frames ahead" intel?

20. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    probably on the back of his Nvidia GPUs box.