Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    on 2 780's in sli at 1440p they are ripping through battlefield 4 :D. no issues with this driver for me.

2. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    so it will work with fraps only?

3. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    [​IMG]

Horrible stuttering in BF4. With vsync on frames randomly drop from 60 to 35 when there's not even anything going on.

With vsync and triple buffering off and framerate set to max 60, frames stay at 60 but it still feels choppy and not smooth at all. I also experience massive screen tearing with it off.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    326.80 and 327.23 stutter even more then these drivers. i have just tried them.

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yes.:bang:
    RTSS will only support 64-bit when most of the (new) game are 64-bit.

So, what's the frame rendering time look like?
    You can making it by just running Fraps benchmark record the frame rendering time, and using FrafsBenchViewer to making the graph.:)

I guess this is not CPU issue but some gpu code are processing too much time.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Sadly on Windows 8 this has been the case since release, but then even the maximise button doesn't work as it maximises over all three screens. There have been a few drivers recently where they tried to get this working in Win8/8.1, but sadly the newer ones again are missing the options.

7. LathspeLL

LathspeLL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    People over reddit say a combination of 320.49 and closing battlelog during gameplay fixes the low fps and stuttering problems. I'm gonna try these.

8. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    By closing battlelog you mean closing the browser, or is there a way to turn off the new in-game battlelog?

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
  10. Sulfix

Sulfix Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080 ti SLI
    Can anyone else confirm this?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've noticed a number of errors in the game profiles but they're ones that have been around for months, e.g. the Euro Truck Simulator 2 profile has an executable called "eurotracks.exe" instead of "eurotrucks.exe"!

To be honest, the profiles are a bit of a mess IMO with incorrectly named games (Alien Fear instead of Alien Rage, etc.), profiles that are named after the executable so it isn't obvious what they are (such as SW which I assume is supposed to be Shadow Warrior?), multiple profiles for the same game and so on. It's why I backup mine using the GeForce SLI Tool before installing a new driver then post-driver install I then export the default driver profile before importing my original backed up profile. I then use Notepad++ to Compare the two files and edit in any changes, additions and so on before importing the amended file. It's time consuming but it means all my custom flags and corrections are not lost everything I update to a new driver.

Also, why do I keep having what appears to be dozens of obscure Korean/Chinese games added to my profile list? And why do some 3D profiles appear with English and others with what looks like Chinese?

12. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Fired up Rift and I experience no stuttering or otherwise here myself. It's probably something exclusive to your particular setup? I'm not implying it's your fault, just things sometimes go sideways given the wide variety of configurations out there.

13. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    I can confirm that the 320.49 WHQL drivers are giving me better performance then these new ones. Still some stuttering but ALOT less and not as severe.
    On these it would constantly drop to 35-40 from 60 for no reason.

On the 320.49's is doesn't drop that often and if it drops it's to 50. Also closed browser when in-game.

14. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    The CTD/Freeze problem is still there, i just got my 1st freeze with this Beta.

Disabled Firefox H ACC again.

No fix from nvidia and they never talk about this problem, or if they ever gonna fix it.

or if this is a driver problem they nvidia have to fix????

15. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    these is best driver i have used in mine gtx 670 amp... good improvement in grid 2 (3 fps)... tomb raider (4 fps)... in more games too... only metro last light is same...

no bugs... no problems... older drivers donĀ“t have bugs too... is only make a clean install... remove everything with driver sweeper/fusion in secure mode and later install new drivers... never see any problem...

16. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    You see my specs on the left, yet somethings not right, but I am not sure what it is.

I have set all settings to lowest in BF4 BETA, and installed these drivers clean, restarted PC.

Yet I have maximum 28 FPS and it goes between 8 to 28 constantly?

Any thoughts?

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    that is strange seeing that Im getting 40-70fps and you have a faster card than me.

I know bf4 is heavy on my cpu. all cores almost maxed out.

18. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    FX-6300 4.7Ghz it`s tooooooo low for your TITAN:banana:

You hav money for titan, but haven`t for proc:nerd:

19. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Battlefield 4 Beta 331.40

690GTX 1200MHz/1650MHz @ 1,23V

[​IMG]

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you installed with "clean install" checkbox checked?