Nvidia GeForce 331.40 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    The updated drivers reduce performance in DX11 in Natural selection 2 due to the SLI bits they use. The game is using 0x000000F5 (DX SDK DetailTessellation11 sample, Star Trek: Online)... instead of 0x000600F5 (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky). 0x000600F5 yieleds much better performance.

Further more, when I change the SLI bits to ones which I know work better (from 0x000000F5 to 0x000600F5)... I now get shadow flickering. This behavior was not evident in 327.23 although it is visible in 331.40.

I reverted back to 327.23 and the game is running extremely well with no shadow flickering in DX11.

Just thought I would let this be known.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. leaker

leaker Guest

GPU:
    lulz
    I can happily report these are the first drivers since 314.22 that don't make Firefox/Windows crash.

Good job nvidia, but it's effing unacceptable it took you so long. UNACCEPTABLE.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Everything is running great on this end. GW2, FFXIV: ARR, BF3, all running no hiccups no issues.

4. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    Well I've just done a good few games of Battlefield 3 on different servers and wow, smooth. Nice job nVidia ! More testing is obviously required but it's a nice start ! Really looking forward to BF4 beta tomorrow morning. Recovering from operations has it's advantages !!

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Then help them Einstein ;)

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You guys really do not understand do you??

You realize AMD had the same issues with HD6/5 series with drivers because of all the NEW code going into them?

DO you really think Nvidia isn't having the same problems? Guess what they are.

I remember all the people whining in AMD/ATI drivers section when I had my HD 7970 Crossfire going in this rig. The same exact problems with Firefox etc.

You people have to realize with new hardware and features in hardware, comes new code in drivers.

It's not so easy to squash every bug like you all think while trying to keep the new stuff working optimally.

One day soon guess what? GTX 400/500 will not be supported except for bug fixes. That time is coming soon.

Your 5+ year old cards are seriously becoming outdated. It's not a joke you are right, its just a fact.

I'd consider saving for new hardware, you don't have to get a flagship model. There is the GTX 760 to be purchased as well as GTX 660.

Whichever you can afford of course.

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Oh you mean like the many reports i've sent in and others have?

Didn't think of that one before you decided to press the post button did ya :)

8. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    No problems for BF3, CS:GO, Platnetside 2
    FPS seem normal

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Weird, I didn't get that service installed at all when I did run the installer with the clean update box market.
    I did not install the Audio and 3DVision parts of the driver thou.

10. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    Downloaded and test.
    No issues so far :)

11. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    right done a "cleaner install" which is something which I normally don't need to do or have done for a very long time following this guide:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers/230

Valley gives the same fps as the whql

Payday 2 is much better but I have noticed there is still a bit of lagging. For example before the clean install frames would drop down to 75fps and we all know that is a game which isn't taxing to the system. I previously had constant 120fps with that.

BC2 conquest as above. Seems much smoother as with the whql but there is the odd bit of lag.

Overall I will see how these perform with the BF4 beta tomorrow and do a compare and contrast with previous drivers for performance.

12. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    all I have done is install and play some BF3 grand bazaar - seem solid so far.

Will see as time progresses.

13. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    No.

They're still supporting 6/7 series with the latest driver for them being 307.83 (February 26, 2013) and I would add that THOSE cards are indeed becoming outdated. The 8 series and up are covered by 331.40.

To focus only on the LATEST AND GREATEST hardware would be dickish, not progress. There's no reason anyone should upgrade ANYTHING if they're content with their current setup.

And how you're even trying to play the "your **** is outdated" card with someone having driver issues, I don't even-

Explain to me why my 550ti and 680 have been having issues with the latest releases.

14. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Installed on tri-sli 680 system without any posting issues (x64 US d/l). Did need to unplug hdmi cable's from the cards. Was displaying my desktop but without the taskbar, etc. Last couple of driver sets have required this.

edit - tested on kingdoms of amalur, krater, and just cause 2; zero issues.

15. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Diabolical.

Just played caspian border and it was a diabolical stuttering mess - no way I can play like that, simple as that.

So, the question I have to ask, yet again (I have asked this directly to ManuelG and Nvidia before - and got no response) can server side problems cause CLIENT SIDE FPS drops. or are these drivers pitiful as well.

For those following my posts recently, I did test MLL single player as well and that displayed the same hideous stuttering mess also, which is why I concluded it was the drivers.

16. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    no SLI profile for Pro evolution 2014?
    Bad

17. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    Yeah I got sli 670 with 4.7 3570k oc and the drivers seem smoother. I just did clean installation from drivers and rebooted and everything seems good.

18. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Why do you need SLI to run that? Not very demanding at all.

19. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Sorta hesitant to try on my titan sli system. those cards seem so particular :p

20. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    lost nearly 1.2 fps in valley bench. strange thing is min fps went down from 29 to 17.8 and the max fps decreased from 108 to 104. I run the test twice. yes we play games not the benchmark but there is sth wrong or "different" with this driver. the prev. driver was 320.49 btw.