Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    You might consider a core i5 Haswell... its got double the performance of your 5 generation old Core 2 Quad (if your specs on the left are correct). It is also <$200, and would probably make your nvidia card run more stable.

Or you can buy an AMD, whatever makes you happy, dude.

2. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    What do you mean "BS"?? ALL the latest nVidia driver ( 32x.x ) series are broken with GTX 560 Ti card!! Many people still use this card, we are not all rich and have latest generation you know...

I think a lot of people "care" that own a GTX 5xx series card, the latest drivers causes BSOD while idling on the desktop in Windows 7 ...

The older 314.22 driver has not crashed once since I reinstalled it a few days ago now...

I am trying to help people that own same card as I do, and wonder why their computer crashes all the time on the bloody desktop!! This is a huge oversight on the nVidia driver's team fault.

It is not as if I am running at GTX 280 here, my card is only 2 years old and nVidia puts out an incompatible driver for it as "WHQL certified for my card" according their website, and it is BROKEN, not once but 3 times they did this lately!! I have a right to be upset... you are a JERK! If you don't care about this driver version's problems then why are you reading this thread??? Moron...:bang:

Here is PROOF that there IS a major problem with latest nVidia drivers and GTX 560 Ti cards!! :

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-9-19-13-/

Notice he has a Sandy Bridge i7 2600K cpu and is experiencing same things I did... the only things we have in common in our systems is GTX 560 Ti card, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, and of course the nVidia drivers...which suck lately!!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  3. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    I got my information here:

for some reason v.i.d.e.o.c.a.r.d.z. website is blocked on these forums, so when I include the url to the article below it is blanked out and the link is dead, strange...anways I will quote the article here anyways:

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-introduces-radeonr9-and-r7-series-graphics-cards_125046

Legitreviews links:

AMD has not released R9 290X pricing just yet, so what?? They listed all the other cards prices in their paper launch, the R9 270x which is the card I mentioned before, WILL cost $199 USD, as I said...how is this "Trolling" exactly??!!!

The R9 270X has a 3DMark Firestrike Score of 5500 ( shown above in pic and also mentioned in article quoted ). That is right from a genuine AMD slide/presentation that lists that score, it is valid and genuine... notice they say "> 5500 3DMarks" which means MINIMUM SCORE OF 5500 BUT COULD BE HIGHER DEPENDING ON THE TEST SYSTEM OF COURSE!!!

The GTX 760 (clocked at stock 980 Mhz ) gets a 3DMark Firestrike score of 5556 !! Same as the R9 270X card! The EVGA SCX card ( clocked at 1072 Mhz ) gets a 3DMark Firestrike score of 5844 ( overall score ) as shown here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/evga-ge...ocked-w-acx-cooling-video-card-review_2240/10

[​IMG]

Those scores are "nearly" identical!! As I said before, I read somewhere that R9 270X was supposed to compete with GTX 760 in performance and price ( can't find that link right now, but will if you insist on it ) , and the 3DMark FireStrike scores prove they are almost "equal" in performance....BTW I realize that 3DMark is just a synthetic benchmark, but it is still useful in comparing video cards against each other...sure certain games will favour either nVidia or AMD/ATi , but in general you can get a very good idea of a card's overall "strength" simply from its 3DMark score... awaiting further benchmarks on the new R9 series of course, hopefully they come out next week and will no doubt reinforce everything I have said here...

Again, you prove what an ignorant twat you are, leave me alone!! I am posting facts, and if you don't like them, don't read them...I am so sick of people like you bashing posts without any VALID reason to do so...

Sure the new cards may have some initial problems with their new drivers, but this is expected and common from both ATi and nVidia based on past history. They will work out the "bugs" quickly of course, as they always do.

What is NOT expected is for nVidia to release drivers for their older cards, only 2 generations old ( GTX 560 Ti ) that cause BSOD when simply idling on the desktop!! It all started with their latest 32x.xx series of WHQL drivers, disgusting!!!

Now who is the TROLL here!!??

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    Yes, of course... I am poor though and just bought a used 42" LED tv recently, so my next purchase will be new cpu/mobo, then new video card after that.

I don't believe my cpu or motherboard is cause of the nVidia new driver issue though, their March 2013 314.22 WHQL driver works PERFECTLY on my system as I mentioned already in previous posts...I think the latest series of drivers are focused very much on newer GTX 7xx and 6xx series cards, and the driver team simply overlooked proper testing with the 5xx generation of cards such as mine...also see the quote I put in my previous post above, another dude out there ( user name "Renderer" on the nVidia forums ) is experiencing the exact same issues I did, and he has Sandy Bridge i7 2600K cpu, his system is also only stable with the older 314.22 driver like mine is once again...the only thing we have in "common" are our EVGA GTX 560 Ti video cards, and Windows 7 64 SP1, so it is not the motherboard or cpu causing these issues obviously...

BTW, my old Q9400 overclocked to 3.35 Ghz is not that "slow", sure I can use an upgrade , but check this out, a Q9550 cpu ( same as mine but double the L2 cache ) overclocked to 3.4 Ghz does not do "that bad" against a new Ivy Bridge cpu ( yes, I know Haswell is slightly faster but unfortunately they don't benchmark that one here, but you can get an overall idea of how they compare against each other at least ) :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-wolfdale-yorkfield-comparison,3487-12.html

[​IMG]

Actually I am thinking of getting a cheap FX-8320 ( around $150 Cdn here locally on sale ) paired with a nice Asus 990FX chipset board for about $150 as well... that is within my budget and overclocked to 4.5 Ghz it performs quite respectably...( can use my OCZ Vendetta 2 120mm cpu cooler on it ). Should be fast enough for my needs... plus the 8 cores will come in handy for transcoding .avi to DVD format which I do a lot of...so looking forward to that upgrade soon! :)

Even "poor" people can still have fun gaming at high resolution if we choose our hw wisely...

I wish I could personally kick the nVidia driver's team ass for not testing their latest drivers with the GTX 5xx series of cards...sigh...

5. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    BTW, notice that others are also bitching about the incompatibility issues with GTX 5xx series and latest nVidia driver in this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381576&page=17

It IS a known problem, and nVidia must fix this mess!! There are a LOT of us still using GTX 5xx series cards, so the problem is not "insignificant".

The few of you fortunate enough to own latest GTX 7xx series cards and obviously having NO problems whatsoever with latest nVidia cards, well that is great for you... but you are in the minority here, not the majority, so stop telling us "to stop our bitching" or "buy a brand new $300+ GTX 7xx series card" to solve our problems... stop being so arrogant, really...

6. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    No final clocks have been given, 3DMark is neither reliable nor have the results been validated in any way and the price still isn't official, yet you pretend the card and the release drivers will be superior to anything Nvidia offers. If you think this will hold true then just preorder that AMD card and leave this forum since it doesn't affect you anymore. You're trolling and that **** doesn't help anybody.

7. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    You don't know ( nobody does yet ) if the new AMD drivers will be **** or not for the new R9 series. 3DMark IS reliable ( as an "overall" indicator of a card's 3D "strength" in general, so lets just wait a week or two for the actual reviews/benchmarks to prove me right here about the 270X "Strength" against GTX 760... identical 3DMark Firestrike scores so far ( at DEFAULT gpu clock speeds of course, either card can be overclocked but not discussing that here right now )

I said previously that 3DMark is synthetic, and that in certain games either ATi or nVidia dominates, but that 3DMark is still very useful for making comparisons between different videocards, and is a good useful indicator of the "overall 3D strength" of any videocard, in general. I stand by that statement.

Watch the benchmarks prove me right when they come out in a week or two...

AMD DID release "Official Pricing" on all the new R9 cards EXCEPT the flagship 290 and 290X cards ( rumoured to be in the $600+ range ). Here is proof:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7369/amd-announces-next-generation-r7-and-r9-video-cards

Or are you saying that "Anandtech" is not a "reliable" source of information, and that they are TROLLING everyone with the above info on their website??!! Give your head a shake and pull it out of the sand if possible...

What I am mostly pissed off about is your first post that said "Nobody Cares" and called my first post ( which didn't mention the new R9 series cards at all, only my third post did ) "BS" about nVidia's broken latest drivers that affect ALL GTX 5xx series card owners... just because you are lucky enough to own a newer card that works fine with the latest nVidia drivers does not mean the rest of us with slightly older cards should be ignored...do the world a favour and throw yourself off a cliff, never reproduce! :)

This thread is dedicated to nVidia driver v326.80, and its problems -
    that is my focus, to make other GTX 5xx series owners aware of the real problem, and to use stable 314.22 driver for time being until nVidia fixes the problem for that generation of cards. I only mentioned the new R9 270X card as it WILL be on par with GTX 760 performance for $50 cheaper... ATi slide says the card will be $199 and watch to see it start selling for that in a few weeks time... I was going to buy a GTX 760 card in the near future, but if I can get similar performance for $50 cheaper then why would I not buy it?? I am not "brand loyal" , I buy whatever gives me the best price/performance ratio, always!!

It is people like YOU that make me want to leave these forums, arrogant twat....you are the TROLL here, not me... I have moderated X-bit labs forums ( mod "Hammer_Time" for over 10 years now, and the only reason I recently joined these forums is because X-bit forum server has been down for past 2.5 months due to ISP switching to new IPv6 address space and that broke things badly, their main website server has been switched to the new ISP , but they are still waiting to have the old forum server physically shipped from old ISP to new ISP, then configure it and get the forums back online ( hopefully in the next week or two but no solid ETA from the site owners in Russia yet, servers are in California which makes things difficult as you can imagine )). So being disgusted with the past 3 "official WHQL" recent nVidia drivers that cause my system to crash while simply idling on W7 desktop, has been very frustrating and I wanted to share my experience with others who are also experiencing this issue, and give them a solution ( revert to stable 314.22 driver for time being ). I am trying to help others and all you can do is **** on me, call my initial post "BS" ( which I did not even bother to mention regarding the new R9 series cards till my 3rd post you a-hole!! ) , and that "NOBODY CARES"... I highly disagree with that...you are obviously quite an arrogant twat and every post you make proves it. After I mention that I was considering buying the new R9 270X card in the near future, you call me a "troll"!! :banana::stewpid::bang: ??? This is my "welcome" to the Guru3D forums since I joined here recently, and I will be leaving here once the X-bit forums I moderate come back online in the near future. This is the "thanks" I get for signing up here recently, and trying to inform and help other GTX 5xx series card owners who have been bitching about this driver version already which I quoted in my posts...thanks a lot you ignorant douchebag... don't worry, I WILL leave here, but when I am good and ready, not on your time schedule...

How is "ignoring" the problems with this new nVidia driver that is broken on GTX 5xx series cards ( which I have proven with quotes from other 5xx owners above ) "helping anybody"??!! Use 314.22 with your 5xx card and all problems disappear!! Now THAT is "helping" people my fine feathered friend...

I welcome other GTX 5xx series owners to comment on this thread and my points above!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/

Bottom left-hand corner of that website:

Don't worry, I will be MORE than happy to leave here ( and you ( Iruwen ) especially nvidiot/dirtbag ) once X-bit Forums finally come back online again in the near future... Sorry I tried to help anybody that owns a GTX 5xx series card on these forums here...

Edit: another forum member here just confirmed in the "nvidia driver 327" thread that it is broken for his GTX 4xx card with Windows 8.1!! So we can add GTX 4xx series as well as GTX 5xx series in both W7 and W8 now to the driver "problems"... he says 314.22 driver works well for him, of course...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381576&page=18

This is not surprising, since W7 and W8 share the same KERNEL, and GTX 4xx series is basically overclocked GTX 5xx series... so the driver affects both in the same way...

8. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    Where are you now Iruwen?? I am eagerly awaiting your reply no doubt telling me how "full of ****" I am and what an retarded ignornat "AMD fanboi" I am, and what a "complete troll" I am... ;)

I quite like my nVidia GTX 560 Ti card to be honest ( with stable 314.22 driver that is ), I only want a slight boost in my gpu card so I can play Crysis 3 maxxed out at HD resolution, something either the GTX 760 or new R9 270X will be able to do for me for $200 to $260 price range right now...

If GTX 760 drops in price in the next month to match R9 270X price, I will buy the GTX 760 without any hesitation, however, I doubt that price drop will happen, lets wait for the benchmarks here just to be "sure"...

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Hammer Time, dude, you're at a 10 and you need to be at a 2. Bring it down man.

10. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    **** off, I am right, and my quotes and links prove it.. Mods please intervene here with your thoughts....

I notice your sig says you are a GTX 760 owner, so of course latest nVidia drivers work with your new card. How would you like it if your desktop crashes every hour because of latest nVidia driver!!???? ( and all the driver 32x.xx driver version , last 3 "WHQL" drivers FOR MY CARD!!! It is a KNOWN ISSUE...

**** OFF MORONS!!!

ALL OF YOU GTX 7XX AND 6XX CARD OWNERS ARE ARROGANT *******S... DRIVER IS BROKEN FOR GTX 5XX/4XX CARD OWNERS, YET YOU PISS ONE ME?? **** OFF!!!

11. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    I really don't understand where the MODs are over here on guru to get you on the "right path" so I will be the one to nicely ask you, please stop this posts full of insults and BS. this forum, IMHO, is not the place for that kind of a talk.

thank you.

12. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    Again GTX 670 Card owner, as I said, GTX 6xx and 7xx series work GREAT with latest nvidia drivers, yet they are BROKEN for us GTX 5xx/4xx series owners!!

And you say I am full of BS, **** you!! I am done with these forums full of morons and arrogant idiots that own latest generation of nVidia cards

DID YOU NOT READ ALL MY POSTS IN THIS AND THE 327.XX DRIVER THREAD?? Most of us GTX 4xx/5xx series card owner are experiencing HUGE problems with the latest 32x.xx series drivers, WHQL certified for our cards I might add... only 314.22 driver is stable!! Just because driver works for your new GTX 6xx/7xx card does NOT mean driver is stable for our older cards, MORON!!!!!

Mods, you dont have to bother banning me, I am GONE!! **** you idiots!!!

13. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    you have some serious issues man :3eyes:

14. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    ****ing RIGHT I do, you GTX 670 and GTX 7xx series owners with no issues with latest drivers, try running a GTX 5xx or 4xx series card with latest nVidia driver ( which is WHAT THIS ****ING THREAD IS DEDICATED TO!! ) AND HAVING IT CRASH IDLING ON THE W7 DESKTOP FOR NO REASON, and then tell me what "serious issues I have" you ****ing stupid arrogant moron!!

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I was using a 470 a week ago and yes there are problems. Not enough to warrant going all crazy like you are. I mean, even mr. geronimo (who you also attacked for no reason) has his GPU listed in his specs as using 314.22 even with a 670.

This is hilarious.

16. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB

Oh, so hilarious, having my ****ing computer CRASH on the desktop every hour with latest nvidia 32x.xx drivers is "not a big deal". I reinstall 314.22 drivers and my computer has not crashed once in 4 days now...

Geronimo says his computer is stable with 314.22 even with a GTX 670 card, no shock there and exactly as I said!!

314.22 is STABLE, especially with GTX 4xx.5xx series, go back and read all my previous posts moron....

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-320-18-drivers-officially-broken-/?offset=39

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040070406

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ivers-Released-(BF3-Artifact-solution-as-well)

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=80&t=24378

http://n4g.com/news/1306441/nvidia-...-fixes-major-issue-that-caused-damage-on-gpus

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1309668-Nvidia-video-drivers-stopped-working-issue

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    cmon relax man, no need to offend people

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Now you contradict yourself. Geronimo has a 670, and you yelled at him saying he can use the latest drivers, but now those apparently are also unstable for him because he also uses 314.22.

It's YOU who is UNSTABLE Hammer Time. DUN DUN DUN

19. Hammer_Time

Hammer_Time Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
    I have no need to offend people, I am right, and my facts and links back up what I say, I am offended by you nvidiots telling me I am "wrong" about nvidia 32x.xx drivers not being BROKEN with GTX 4xx/5xx cards such as my GTX 560 Ti, and that I am full of **** regarding new ATi R9 270X pricing and performance, that is all...

20. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    guys, don't give him any reply any more please.
    Ignoring him is obviously the right path here. He is either heavy troller or needs his meds ASAP :3eyes:.

BTW I didn’t even try any driver above 314.22 cos I don’t see the need. I play only skyrim very occasionally cos of lack of free time and I’ll be waiting for green camp to issue something proper for a change :nerd:
    Cheers.