MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

SpawnEncoderServer = 0 in .\ProfileTemplates\Config

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Awesome, thanks. :thumbup:

3. Avi

Avi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 Classified 4Gb
    Long-time; First-time.

Firstly, I have to thank Alexey/Unwinder for the years of dedication in creating ultra-professional quality software, with many enhancements added by request from users, and then giving it away for free!

I wanted to post, as I too was having trouble getting QuickSync to work with my system, and I think I ironed out the bugs and wanted to share my settings in case it may help someone else.

Hardware:
    Sandy Bridge i7-2600K
    Intel HD 3000 (iGPU)
    Geforce GTX 570 (dGPU)
    Software
    MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 15
    LUCID Virtu

When I started, I knew my QuickSync works as I use it with Mediacoder. I added MSI Afterburner to LUCID VIRTU, and the Benchmarking worked, but I had one of the first problems listed in the thread—audio and no video. Ripping with MPJG to MKV worked fine, so it wasn't an MKV configuration issue. However, adding "EncoderServer" to LUCID, and then using the dedicated server solved that issue. It may be that there is another file which needs to be added to VIRTU to allow for using the same process (RTSS itself, perhaps) but with a working system I'm not too concerned.

The only thing I am not understanding is that when I capture on 16:9 1080p, I get black bars on the side (some form of cropping is going on), but 1) that is an extremely minor issue and 2) with my system, I will probably rip to 720p anyway.

In a nutshell, I'd recommend adding the EncoderServer.exe file in the RTSS folder to LUCID, and running QSV.dll with a dedicated server, to take advantage of QuickServer using MSI Afterburner.

Once again, THANK YOU for your generosity of both time and expertise!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    What do you mean read the thread ? There is no info about beta 15 SE edition, when you release it ?

5. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    #40 and 41.

Read it.

6. Unwinder

Using GPU virtualization software (Lucid Virtu) is definitively not the best environment for realtime QuickSync accelerated capture in 3D games. The main idea behind virtualization software is GPU switching, which is transparently performed either automatically or at application level. In case of manual selection your application can run either on discreete AMD/NVIDIA or on integrated Intel GPU depending on your choice. But for for realtime QuickSync accelerated capture in 3D games you need BOTH GPUs simultaneously (discreete one to render 3D and integrated one to encode video). That is why correct multi-GPU setup with both discreete and integrated GPUs enabled and active is needed, Lucid environment is not enough to access both GPUs simultaneously from one application. But yes, you may sort of "hack" it and get it working by offloading the encoding to independent encoder server application and assigning it to run via Intel GPU via Virtu. But that is not recommended way, true multi-GPU setup is recommended instead.

7. Unwinder

I DON'T release any SE builds. Never released and never will.

8. Avi

Avi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 Classified 4Gb
    Thank you for the explanation. I'm not certain how to make my setup "true multi-GPU". My BIOS has both active, and my monitor is attached to the dGPU which is rendering the game. Perhaps that is an option on newer motherboards, I'm using an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (Gen1). However, as this works well (much smaller files than when I used to encode using MJPG which allows for (almost) full 1080p for games lasting an hour without blowing up my hard drive) I'm happy to continue with this hack, and very grateful for your coding it to allow this.

If anyone does know how to set up a true multi-GPU setting, I would certainly appreciate a brief primer.

Once again, thank you.

EDIT
    Does true multi-GPU mean a multi-monitor setup and having MSI/RTSS active in the monitor attached to the iGPU? I only have one monitor, so that may be an issue.

EDIT 2
    I should have read the beta download page more carefully. I followed the directions at the link you provided and it works for both Mediacoder and Afterburner/RTSS even with VIRTU disabled, and yes, it's a hair faster. Thank you again!!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  9. Unwinder

Congratulations! It is really nice to see people able to think and resolve the problems themselves. ;)

10. craziplaya21

craziplaya21 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX
    Weird, no idea why it doesn't work for me... Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm using a GTX 570 in addition to my GTX 780 and is not allowing Intel HD 4000 to kick in.

11. Unwinder

No ideas where you're mistaking, just use something different if configuring it is a problem for you.

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Is it me, or beta15 don't apply custom fan settings if msi afterburner isn't running?

EDIT:
    Nah. It's me...afterburner can't do that - it must be running in background to be able to apply custom fan settings. Bummer =(

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  13. robsworld2006

robsworld2006 New Member

Hi guys,

I recently installed windows 8.1 and used msi after burner 3.0 beta 15 with nvidia drivers 327.23 and noticed that if I change Memory Clock (Mhz) then I can no longer shut down windows 8.1 it either just hangs or it restarts the computer

I used windows 7 with afterburner 2.1 I think it was and computer shuts down properly

Has anyone come across this issue?

14. Unwinder

Some more development news related to beta 16:

- I'm currently adding pre-recording feature to AB's videocapture module. It is also being developed to provide you another free alternative to shadow mode of upcoming NVIDIA ShadowPlay.

15. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Sorry for asking but search the forums but can''t find the answer.
    Where to change the powerlimit in ab?

[​IMG]

16. Unwinder

Use default skin, many third party skins were not updated for a while and don't provide power limit adjustment support.

17. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Mod can delete this:3eyes:, I was to slow

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  18. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Ah thanks, even the compact didn't show the slider, but only the default and default big does have it. Default red and blue don''t

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  19. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Will this only work on Quick Sync recording or also on MJPG or RTV1 ?

i guess the pre recorded time will be around 10, 30 or 60 seconds ? And all stored in RAM ? :banana:

20. Unwinder

It will work with any compression format, prerecorded buffer size will be user configurable so prerecord time will directly depend on compression settings you're using.