ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    Do you want performance log from Performance Recorder?

2. IFPMaximus34

IFPMaximus34 Guest

GPU:
    Ati mobility radeom 4300
    hi dellon having a problem with your latest driver ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.9 All Supported OS it installs fine but display unsinged driver atikmpag.sys tried with disable drivers singature gives bsod during laptop boot up.I went to device manager and it says code 39 error is caused by either a missing driver somthing like this im on win7x64 home premium ati mobility 4300.Windows deafult driver,13.4,eariler your driver version install fine and worked this not.

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    It seems your HD 5000 Series Gpu is not being utilize. Does this apply to all Web browsers or just Firefox?

Mobility Support will come in V10, but I still need to test Catalyst Control Center, so if you experience and issues with Catalyst Control Center I will need you to inform me.

Yes I will need the same information for your Graphic Card. Are you using AMD\INTEL Switchable Graphics?

To complete the installation of the Latest Driver, users will need to run the GPU Restarter after installing the driver. The current setup will disable the driver in a normal OS.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. giuli1993

giuli1993 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4250/6650m
    With Google Chrome it seems to be the same, except if i use the integrated Flash Player of Chrome. If i use it, the video playback its very laggy and the GPU usage begins about 10%. Should i try other Switcher? Right now im with Perform switcher A

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The next test I would like you to perform is Fullscreen mode but using alt and Tab to minimize Full Screen Mode. Then continue to monitor the CPU usage and GPU usage.

6. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    i have blue screen and crash at startup windows then windows restart with your lastest drivers 11.9 ... win 7 32 bits hd 4850

7. giuli1993

giuli1993 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4250/6650m
    Here is the test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAe28Xtx-E
    When i try to minimize with Alt + Tab, a Flash Player window appear si i don't know if it is normal.. but in full screen mode the GPU usage is active. Check the video......

8. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    So while recording pref logs I run into a problem.
    I've recorded log for AMD GPU (will upload tomorrow) but when I switched to Intel (native) and opened youtube video, page crashed.
    Then I tried Leshcat driver (13.4 and 13.6 as he has updated Intel driver) with your driver - and Leshcat driver doesn't work if your driver is installed - black screen, GPU conflict. But when I switched off AMD GPU flash video plays on Leshcat Intel driver quite good, looks like GPU accelerated.
    Then I cleaned everything and installed native driver and video works in this case but without picture - black box with sound.
    This means that your driver somehow conflicts with my native driver so flash video crashes and also conflicts with Leshcat driver so that they even can't recognize each other and its Intel driver doesn't switch himself off.

Looks like DXVA won't work with old Intel driver under Windows 8.1.

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I will try to provide an update today or tomorrow as an attempt to resolve the BSOD bug.

Ok, thanks now in one post I would like you to summarize how the HD 4000 Series GPU handles Flash Content. By performing all the test you previously did.

Rather than installing multiple AMD drivers. Try uninstalling all drivers then install the intel driver first before installing the 12.11 Modded Driver.

Anyways I will take a look at the 12.11 modded driver to see if any conflicts exist.

10. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    Before my test, system configuration was in the state you described. Because I used your cleaner, installed native driver and then your driver. And nothing else. So I suppose that the file which Flash player uses to play video which comes with your driver doesn't understand Intel GPU.

Dellon, have you ever contacted Leshcat, or has he ever contacted you?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    How long did you have this problem andrii?

Other Thoughts
    No, Leschcat and I never contacted each other before.

12. giuli1993

giuli1993 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4250/6650m
    Done, here the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RLPZoF5XEE

Hope it helps. Let me know if can i help you

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Thanks it was very helpful.

Other Thoughts
    It seems that the HD 4000 Series GPU is the only Graphic Card utilizing the GPU.

I will provide a build soon for you to test if I can complete it today.

14. Hesham_3del

Hesham_3del Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
    Why can't I find you anymore on Skype ?

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ah, that's because I have not signed in all week. I will sign in today.

16. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    Actually I don't know because I usually work from AC power with monitor attached via HDMI. And as Intel HD Graphics from 1st get Core i5 doesn't support HDMI. So I switch to Intel only when I go to dacha and as I have mobile internet there I watch video online very rarely.
    I can check next time I will install your driver :)

I asked because he knows how to make switchable graphics work but he don't know how to fix "no brightness control" on AMD issue and "screen off when minimum brightness" on Intel issue.
    And the "no brightness control" issue on HD 5000 Series in Leshcat driver was the main reason I switched to your driver...
    I asked him to look at my issue but he supports only donators. And as I wasn't sure that he is able to fix it I haven't become donator.

17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yea, I'm aware Leshcat provides continued support for INTEL\AMD users. I'm also aware that he provides different sets of INTEL drivers to users because they don't all work the same for each Graphic Card. So maybe you can try installing one of the Intel drivers provided by Leshcat then attempt installing the 12.11 Modded Driver.

Other Thoughts
    Can you provide a link to your intel Graphic Card Driver so I can take a look at it?

18. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    I did this yesterday and it doesn't work with your driver as I described earlier in this post.

Here is the link to the latest official driver for my laptop hardware.
    The latest Intel driver which don't have "screen off when minimum brightness and the doesn't on until sleep" is in Leshcat 12.8. However with this driver I have BSOD on waking up from hibernation.
    And with Leshcat 13.4v2 and 13.6b2 I have "screen off when minimum brightness" issue on Intel. And switching doesn't work in Windows 8.1 RTM

19. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

You seem to experience a lot of issues with Intel\AMD Switchable Graphics, have you tried Switching Between Dynamic Mode and Fixed Mode? I think your laptop may currently be set to Fixed Mode. Try changing it to Dynamic Mode in your bios.

20. andrii

andrii Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5450
    As I know my laptop doesn't have dynamic mode.
    It is too old.
    As far as I know dynamic mode works with 2nd gen Core i and above