Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Guys last 2 pages feels like a school classes. Don't fight each other and let's get straight to driver's discussion!

P.S. TY!

2. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    That's perfectly reasonable. I switched from AMD to Nvidia for similar reasons. I was tired of the utter dearth of options in the control panel, shoddy drivers and delayed driver releases. I opted to stick with PC but if Nvidia weren't much better (they are, trust me...) I'd have gone console despite my dislike for playing shooters with a controller.

Anyhow, did a fresh install of Windows 8 and reinstalled the 327.24 drivers. While I don't know that the 327.23 drivers were responsible for my OS problems (almost surely not), I was getting superb performance out of the 24's and I'm happy to be back to them.

3. dack1

dack1 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 900-2200
    I tried, still crashing.

Back to 314.22, again. :bang:

4. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Your complaining about little microdips why bother just game,there are people with far less system specs as you and enjoy their games to the fullest,and you are buying 2700k then 3930k then again switch to whatever and still complain.:bang:

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Had to laugh very hard with this... gosh... you must have A LOT of hassles then to even consider going over to something like that...

I wonder what they all must be, must be a very big list.

6. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    And IE H ACC.

Try to disable both IE and Firefox H ACC.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    After watching that AMD live yesterday, the xbox and ps4 PC tie ins, and AMD tie ins. And SC (star citizen). I am wondering if 2014 might be the year to go back to AMD and give them a try. All and any next gen games will now port from the consoles a lot easier and maybe run better on AMD cards.

What about physx.

I'm not sure now which way to go. I came from AMD to NV and the custom video res is good which is what I use. But I went right off AMD for games. Does this console tie in mean it might be worth looking at this new range once it hits stores? or stick with NV?

Drivers wise I like NV over AMD.

8. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    I'd wait for real world benchmarks before buying anything that AMD's selling. It sounds like snake oil to me but perhaps I am biased due to past experience with AMD cards.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    u better wait till December to see how this mantle doing, although it just for frostbite only. i do think nvidia will embrace it.

10. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    314.22 drivers were released late May, it's late September now (4 months) and still they can't provide a driver with the same quality... and it was a standard driver back then, just that 32x.xx are so bad that they make 314.22 god-tier, I'm tired of waiting and tired of buying and trying different hardware when the solution is always the same, going back to 314.22, I kind of envy those who can't "feel" the microstuttering, don't care about the dozens of bugs and don't use CUDA for video encoders and video editing (it's broken for 6xx cards).

I must say I didn't expect such reactions here just by saying I was going AMD because of my personal reasons and stance about the drivers' issues. Some even insulting and personally attacking, wow, I'm cool so I will not be insulting back and other childish stuff, but definitely some people here need to grow up, there's life beyond Nvidia and their drivers headaches.

11. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    I too experience this micro stuttering in BF3 on my rig with the new WHQL's and the previous betas so I thought I'd go all the way back to the 314.14 last night just to see if I could get rid of the micro stutter. Yep it's gone. Now I'll keep these drivers on for a week or so and report back with any findings :)

12. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i never have these issues with drivers. maybe bc i don't do crazy overclocks i am not quite sure what it is. maybe its because i do clean windows install every driver. i believe uninstall always leaves behind some non sense. gaming on pc for the past few years has been very very good.

i could never go to console gaming :'(

13. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    The 314.22 was release on the 25 of march 2013. 6 months from now.
    Doesn't know that those bad driver affect you so munch. :)

14. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    that might be a valid statement if you weren't spending hours telling us about it, just leave it alone. You would probably enjoy your pc alot more if you would just relax a little bit, but do whatever you want.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Count me in the group of "Peace out PC come Nov."

The price and headaches aren't worth the AA/AF and slightly better textures.

Games on the PC have become a chore to get working and play through vs. my 360, pop in the disc and play. Simple.

Back in 1998 I enjoyed tweaking and messing with drivers now that I'm older and have less time I just want to play the damn game. It's been a fun ride, but honestly, PC gaming has very little in the way of exclusives, even fewer of those that are worth playing. I'm done paying for a rig that simply makes a console port "look a little better".

Now enter someone with 40 comparison shots about how great a port looks on PC. That's fine. But ignorance is bliss. I won't notice a difference if I don't have a PC to compare with. Nor do I care at this age. I just want good game play. Honestly looking back, I wish I just went with a 360/ps3 - other than the original Crysis I can't think of any exclusives that justified the price or headaches of PC gaming since the arrival of current consoles. I've been through a 8800 GTX, 260 GTX, 460 GTX's in SLI, 570 GTX and now the 760 GTX. In that time I could have owned a 360, ps3, wii and still had money left over not to mention awesome console exclusives like God of War, Gears of War, Uncharted, etc.

16. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Mate, WITH RESPECT, you have a 460, and a 6300.

I don't think you put as much money, time and effort into your rig to even really sweat when it does not perform as such powerful expensive hardware should, I wish people would just back off me - remember, I worked hard to buy Titan SLI and an X79 platform sparing no expense for the best in every aspect including quality SSD RAID and 16GB very fast RAM - I put it to you if you did that all so you could stabilize a solid 60FPS then had drivers kick you in the nuts, you watch yourself change opinion QUICK SMART.

I don't post here instantly, I usually resort to venting in the drivers section after I have spent hours googling, and diagnosing crap, trying every possible thing and then finally getting wound up enough to bitch about it on here as I have hit my limit. I have not many, but SOME friends on here, sometimes it's good to get it off my chest to some people who feel similar to me.

And I'd appreciate if ya'll would ease up off my back about it!

cheers.

17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Couldn't agree more SerotoNiN.

The only thing that seems to make it worthwhile at the moment is the news about AMD's Mantel API that codes straight to the metal.

18. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    yeah 6 months my bad, makes things even worse anyway, I can play no problem with a bit of stuttering and bugs for some days-weeks, I'm not that "perfectionist", but not for months, I'm always saying to myself "next driver will be the ones" and it happens that it usually fixes one game while breaking other in the process, like the latest WHQL drivers which I tested with different PC builds and always got bugs in Bioshock Infinite and Battlefield 3, my most played games, the solution as I said is not changing hardware or fiddling with it, just reverting to 314.22.

Also I'm a video editing amateur and have to use a GTX 570 on Sony Vegas and video encoders since with Kepler they broke CUDA backwards compatibility and didn't bother providing a fix, just the usual "buy a Quadro card for this", it's a bit irritating, so OpenCL is another option for Sony Vegas, but Kepler is terrible at it, so the clueless team @Nvidia dealing with drivers and the ever growing list of issues, the lack of Kepler support on video editing and video encoding and the terrible performance with OpenCL are the reasons I'm jumping ship. I'll try AMD and say how it goes, the new line of cards look reasonably priced and with the new Mantle API promising for console to PC ports, and the computing performance is just leagues beyond Kepler.

That said, if Nvidia fix the issues they got themselves into I'd gladly put back some Nvidia GPU / SLI setup in my rig, but how long ? as you said, 6 months already.... and counting.

19. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Tell me how AlienBabeltech got a different result from you.

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/geforce-whql-327-23-performance-analysis/

20. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i dont understand what the problem is. i click a game and play it and enjoy it for hours on end. no tweaking no nothing. i havnt had to touch setting since 2006 lol. :3eyes: :3eyes: