Aloha from Hawaii - AMD GPU14 Product Showcase Live*

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2013.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I wanna download the Ruby demo !!

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That 7990 I've been eyeballing for my other rig keeps looking better and better.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah its r7-260x and r9-290x exclusive.

like he said 9x more if you compare at same settings, or idk same 100fps at 9x richer world, finally.

Im very excited when I heard about this Mantle thing, makes me wanna have that R9-290x more lol :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I gave my guess on R-290x somewhere on start as they told few things about it.
    Google shows now very similar specs +-6%.
    If that sticks I'll have new GPU soon. And I wonder how will that Audio stuff do with my Essence ST which I really need to drive my K-701.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i want to see some hardcore numbers first. perhaps it scales , up to 9x for the highest model. hmm dunno.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have mixed thoughts after this presentation.

On one hand, it's great to see AMD finally starting to get their act together. The AMD RAPTR is something sorely overdue, their MANTLE API sounds great. Trueaudio is nice as well, it's about time things start to get moving on the audio front again.

However, I am worried about the long term prospects. We still didn't hear anything about s treaming technology. AMD needs to start coming up with an alternative to Nvidia's Grid, as that's where the future lies. Giving Nvidia a clear head start is going to cost AMD dearly in the future. Also, while MANTLE sounds great on paper, it remains to see how many other engines (or devs) outside of EA/Frostbite will take advantage of it. The game developers need their games to work on Nvidia hardware, and the performance advantage may not be worth the additional investment needed to get MANTLE running properly.

I guess I'm a bit disappointed with AMD trying to do more of the same and relying on PC hardware to get them by in an age where the Cloud and mobile is starting to be king. I really hope they launch a s treaming initiative sooner than later.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well imagine a world that is limited to 17k calls @ 60fps, now imagine same world that is capped at ~ 80k calls @ same 60fps.

U4E, Luminous simulates those 80k and it does a darn fine job, but simulating and faking most of the stuff has its flaws, like improper lightning, etc..

More calls means, more objects, more AI, more details, more detailed fx,..

Imo its what we've been waiting for, Dx11 is a dead end, you cant make it faster unless you make it like openGL with bindless resources. This what's in dx11.2 is as close as it gets, but its still far away.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Quote from Anandtech :-

Wonder if thats going to be all what we are waiting for, specs, performace, and pricing :p

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i understand the principle but remember these are sales talks , so im wanting to see numbers first :)

10. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    This week shows so far that PC gaming is not dead :p

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD does do st.reaming....

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/workstation/cloud/Pages/cloud-gaming.aspx
    Go read about AMD Radeon Sky....

12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I wonder if Mantle will also work with NVIDIA GPUs, I'm sure AMD will allow cross vendor support unlike NVIDIA with its PhysX and CUDA APIs...

deltatux

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    That Mantle looked good, the raptr thing doesn't really interest me though, as when i put games on, i just whack all the settings up to the max :D

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @White
    If it really has up to 9x more calls then dx11, then there is no doubt it work like a thing from the future. :D

@Deltatux
    Apparently on all GNC gpus,. Makes those 7790, 7850, 7870, etc like uber gpus

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Can you link how NV Grid is being utilized by the industry today?

I believe mobile is a different market atm so not much point in comparing them.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well im off ta bed, night guys :D

17. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    The "OUR most powerful GPU ever" statement says a lot to me... Then, there's the FireStrike benchmark graph itself. The R9 290X is leveled up to a 7k score. Well, my GTX 780 already scores 8k @ stock.

Finally, if the R9 290 Series would be "killing" the TITAN - or the GTX 780 for that matter -, I don't doubt AMD would have said it quite clearly.

How I hope I am wrong though, and R9 290X proves to be the best, fasted, powerful GPU of them ALL ever. I wouldn't mind to get one for myself

EDIT: I wonder what will be Microsoft reaction (read response), to this "Mantle" API...

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, that was it for the public event you guys. I had hopes that AMD would share more on specs etc on the new gfx cards but unfortunately all we can share right now are names, memory and prices.

The NDA session will start a few moments from now (see and that's the really cool stuff) ;)

20. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Damn, how far away from reviews are we? use 101010 if you have to LOL