Atiman

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by abax2000, Sep 22, 2013.

1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, John Larson is.

2. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Ok .

3. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Joe 69

Must distinguish between the records of drivers and the applications extension. The CIM has 12 sub-programs installed together, which must be uninstalled and not just only delete the folders and values from the registry.

Atiman keeps in the registry just some indicative entries of catalyst languages help (which finding of cclean). Before people comment for some not deleted registry entries must be will need to know the usefulness and importance of these entries.

They also need to take it into your mind that, Atiman design a uninstaller with a view to optimizing the performance of drivers and cards.
    Is completely different from a program to delete anything find, without the above objective.

Yes I am a friend of Atiman and the only i know well is that, the version 7.0.2 has 1.474.000 downloads so far, and this application not has presented in any big forum.
    The feedback is very rich and the information gathered by them is very important to optimize only is needed.

For anything else you can ask him through the feedback section of the own site (without registration) and I'm sure they will respond with detail to you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Can you explain what you mean by Uninstall?
    My definition of uninstalling is an automated process in which the uninstaller removes registries and files associated with the program. DDU already does this, but the cleaning process is manually implemented to clean xyz.

What if CIM becomes broken will ATIman use an alternative method to Cleanup those packages? or What if the install location that references to the package is missing, will ATIMan be able to uninstall the Package?

Even though relying on Catalyst Control Center to clean things seems like the best option it's actually not because Catalyst Control Center is unable to remove registries that become corrupted and as a result packages remains installed. What DDU currently does is remove core registries and files that cause Catalyst Control Center to display permanent errors and files that could possibly lead to a driver conflict. If a cleaner only attempts to Clean registries left behind, it will not be able to resolve those issues. However DDU will because DDU does a manual Cleanup of the Registry.

Another thing you may want to ask yourself is this. If a cleaner is able to perform a successful cleanup of the registry and CCLeaner states the system is clean. Why does the user still experience installation problems when attempting to install the latest package?

5. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    1) Ask Atiman, i am not a developer.

2) Yes, software has 3 alternatives methods for that, if CIM is broken.

3) DDU there is not something special. Is only one cmd command (devcom remove =display) and then delete any file or value from registry with a simple finding methode...

Atiman software is a completed different software, specific for AMD catalyst package.
    Remove about 400 files, values, folders etc...

Compare DDU log file with Atiman log file, and see the difference in the main driver core files...

6. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    catalist install manager (CIM) was an ATI invention.
    When the company past to AMD, AMD tried to make an un-installer ( called AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility ) because CIM (and Core Knowledge of Catalyst) was not perfect leaving stuff behind and can influence newer driver performance. But we all know the results of this utility....and they even didn't waste there time anymore updating it for windows 8 / 8.1 users.

Some other developers tried making other programs because CIM by itself was not compleat (driver sweeper , driver fusion, etc) so why you insist saying that CIM/Core Knowledge of Catalyst is better way to uninstall if even AMD tried something else??
    Because at this point Atiman is a duplicate of CIM and it gives even more problems because it's not allways able to find windows VGA drivers.
    Most of amd applications are even .msi so they can be uninstalled even without CIM or atiman.

The version making us these messes is 7.0.2 Where are DDUs bugs? The applications ? One thing is sure, it doesen't creat atimans unbootable situation.
    Anyway, We know it's not perfect and not reached 100 % of it's development but they are working for that.
    ATImans stucked on 7.0.2. and don't give updates anymore even if these unbootable situations are known because a lot of guys having it.
    Tell this to your friend.

Not saying that atiman wasen't one of the most popular uninstall programms (and I was even a convinced user) but the real reason of this, and all the downloads that you mention, is because we didn't even have a better chooce.....but now we have it.

7. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    I do not think better, because is just a simple tool using old devcon command.

Atiman is not a duplicate of CIM, use this application only for main uninstallation, 5% of the job.

My friend will say hello in the next version (i hope soon) !

8. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Thats true, devcon is old, but a simple thing is less buggie then Atiman.....so its working better.

Well, if Atiman is stucked on this 7.0.2 version by so much time, i don't think it will be updated so soon.....anyway if atimans bug is not in his 5% of CIM (because CIM dosen't make this bug) more than making your friend saying hello, its better if he does something and releases some updates for all the users who continue to trust in it and download it.

many regards

9. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    don't think that you and your friend realy understand what normal people wants from an uninstaller.....This is not a fight seeing who does things better or more complicated Guys don't want a special and the most complicated thing, but something that works (in his uninstall fuctions), delets everything and all correctly, is save and dosen't give bugs .
    And if it will be complicated like Atiman or simple like DDU, guys don't care.

10. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Open your mind my friend and see only the best for you program.

Devcon is very simple but Catalyst Package is whim and need some special tools, DDU is very good but not a specific special tool, IMHO.

Ok, Atiman has a lot of work, last version is pretty good without any bug and he think not need upgrading for some time.

Just in time !!!

That is true, but sometimes simple is not enough.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    1- You are very wrong. if you think I only just use DEVCON... I also spent quite a lot of time reverse engineering the CIM to know exactly what it does on our system and by so doing it myself but faster.
    2- My log doesn't show you everything. Mostly just error. If I enables Full logs you will see pages and pages of registry key being removed.
    3- If atiman remove 400 files then you are probably incuding some temp files as the driver doesn't contains 400 files.
    4- Since you are no developer, you cannot state all of this on DDU as you dont know half how it work.

5-The AMD section is not quite completed yet.It need more love.But the nvidia one is working quite good. There is still a few things here and there bug quite satisfied with it.

IS DDU better than ATIMAN, depends, Feature side, I think yes, you can also clean NVIDIA. But for specifically cleaning AMD stuff? maybe ATIMAN is beter. I cant try it so I cant speculate on this.

Final words, Try both, Keep the one you like the most or that did fix your problems.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Those left over where a bug I corrected on recent version. Affected mostly window 7 users. Windows 8 doesnt work th same as 7 so my code didnt work on 7

13. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB

My mind is even more open then what you think otherwise I'll still being on Atiman having tons of unbootable situations (I had it 4 times and it's enough)....
    ....and if I past to DDU it's because just now , even without 100% of development for amd users, it's better then ATIman not given bugs.

Your friend reputate that ATIman 7.0.2. works pretty good?

Well no one saying that it's not true....but it haves a big bug so it needs work and this can't be contradict because there are a lot of guys in the world having this unbootable situation and your friend knows it.....

...so, if your friend dosen't move his ass for making a new update that ends this bug , I don't think you can be able anymore bragging the number of downloads of ATIman next year with us...this is sure my friend !!

Simple is not enough ? Who cares.

I'm one of the guys that wants only something that works so don't care if it's simple.....indeed, after wagnards explanation above, it's not even as simple as you want it to pass and it's not using only devcon so.....
    .....maybe it's time to do away with this sort of "election campaign" in regard to your friends atiman !!

Just in time !!

14. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    And, if you can allow me, maybe one of these files removed is the one that doesen't let ATIman find windows VGA driver anymore creating the unbootable situation.

15. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    This isn't completely true, look at the first post in this thread.
    Any software has bugs.

However, I like both software. Stop fighting please.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Correction to what I said earlier, the driver does have 400+ files with all packages.BUt who cares lol

17. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Can you tell me one system with unbootable situation with version 7.0.2 ?

Are you sure?
    I said "Remove about 400 files, values, folders etc..."

For more, ask Atiman here ..

18. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Just to let you know, only in this thread (only in 3 days):
    * Mine for 4 randomly times (see my first post in this thread for other details and see even below).
    * The guy opening this thread (see top post of thread)
    * Another guy

A lot of guys (in other places) having this unbootable warning poping out (see top post)

In my cases: After Atimans first reboot, and then when I let him continue pressing an option, after varius boot errors warning message in log during his work (because he didin't found windows VGA drivers I suppose) atiman does something that replaces the driver that he want to uninstall or something else (in corrent control or something like that I think) and then , in the final when all ends, pops on the unbootable message.

So if you want to install new drivers (like message said) they don't go on when using CIM (warnings in CIM).
    I resolved 3 times with: reboot, using driver sweeper, reboot again and then on start-up pops on windows vga so now, using CIM, every thing goes wright.

Once I was completly stucked and even driver sweeper didn't resolve so I used a shadow of my system as back-up.

It's not my system because I used Atiman for 9/10 times and after the time with the bug the next time worked good and others not (random).

Now if this is not a windows vga problem ther's something that Atiman didin't find in the registry that he needs for boot.

If this for you is not considered a bug....what the hell should be a bug...an explosion of my PC ??

19. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Guys don't feed the troll....

We've seen it time and time again in threads here. John will just have you tail chasing like a dog and if he gets stumped he'll just invite friends along to help you tail chase.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lol...

he has in the past become a bit of a shill...