Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    After using 327.23 WHQL's now since the 20th.... I've found they are unstable in comparison to.. again.. 314.22 WHQL

I am having micro freezes where my mouse becomes unresponsive, and then it comes back and continues on like nothing happened.

Yesterday I had my pc lock up needing a hard reset to recover.

I've had this installation of Windows 7 going for about 3 months now using the 314.22's and it has not once had a system freeze or lockup or any sort of unwanted behavior.

Going back to 314.22.

2. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G

Disable Firefox H ACC!!!!!!!

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have been disabling hardware acceleration since it was introduced.

Computer runs flawlessly for 3 months.. Updates to newer driver.. in four days has 5 system freezes and one lockup requiring a hard reset..

The only thing that changed was the driver... I'll leave that for others to think about.

: T

Games ran fine with it though.. I just don't use my PC 100% of the time playing video games.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G

IE also has a H ACC did u disable that one too????

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The 314.22 may be more stable but there not the best for performance tbh. The 326.80 and 327.24 are stable with good performance while being smooth for me. The rest of the drivers are hit and miss breaking one thing or another. I had a BSOD with every 320.** driver at some point and i do not get BSOD's whatsoever usually.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    What puzzles me is why NVidia doesn`t provide tools/means for tracing which would be great assistance for troubleshooting. Some checkbox and button in CP for collecting trace log and sending it to developers.

Also they could implement performance counters through ETW, so any guru can check volts, temps, p-states, FPS` e.t.c. I mean without 3rd-party tools.

7. AlbertPC

AlbertPC Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 1GB
    Guy if your having problems with blue screen frezes on deskopt...just disabling hardware aceleration on Mozilla options will fix that..the thing i dont understand is ..why???

8. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Hmm, a strange thing... for whatever reason -- after installing these drivers -- I can't install another set of drivers. This is on Windows 8, 64-bit. I've not had this problem happen before to an extent where I could not fix it with a little driver cleaning, but now every new driver install fails and no matter what I do I cannot install a driver that isn't from Windows update.

So, a detailed synopsis:

- I have tried upgrading directly, clean install and non-clean install. I get "Install failed".
    - I have tried uninstalling, rebooting to safe mode and driver sweeping, rebooting back to normal mode and installing drivers. Install fails.
    - Uninstalled drivers, allowed Windows update to install the base drivers (this works), then uninstalled those and deleted them from my HD. Rebooted, cleaned drivers, rebooted and tried to install fresh drivers again. Install fails.
    - Did the above, then tried to install drivers via device manager. It tells me access is denied.
    - I have done the above while disabling driver signature verification to see if that makes a difference. It doesn't.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I figure I'll be upgrading to Windows 8.1 next month so it's not a hugely pressing issue (system restore gets me back to a working state), but whenever I have a problem with my PC I like to try to figure out what's going on and how to fix it.

9. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Because nvidia is using this problem, so that we have to by kepler cards.

10. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Use DDU 7.6.1 if that doesnt work u have to do a clean install of windows 8.

11. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Alright, thanks. It didn't work but I appreciate learning about this handy utility.

12. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    tried these driver on a new PC built around a 4770K and a GTX 780 (also new PSU, new mobo...), results were the same as my 3770K/SLI 660 Ti, but with some BSOD in Windows 8.1 which I didn't have running Windows 7 SP1 x64...

- microstutter in lots of games (most gamers would not notice)
    - AO / shadows issues
    - random GPU usage drop in games and apps <--- this is the deal breaker for me
    - "check-board pattern" in Chrome
    - instability in Firefox
    - CUDA still not 100% compatible with most encoders and video editing software such as Sony Vegas, they broke backwards compatibility with the new CUDA shaders arrangement. At most you get 25% usage of CUDA shaders in selected software, not 100% as you'd get with a Fermi card.

I'm definitely going with AMD for my new PC these holidays, how many months since 314.22 ? the travesty they've done with 32x.xx is too much for me, I can't believe they sent these for WHQL certification, Nvidia has no shame.

13. Ogie

Ogie Guest

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 450 gts SC
    these new whql drivers work 327.23 so far. I do not use the Geforce Experience.

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Before you start jumping ship, I would like to point out a couple of things I noticed right off the bat.

In your specs.
    Asus Xonar DS 7.1?

Exactly how did you get a PCI card to work in a MB that only has PCIe slots. My Xonar DS was utter fail in windows 8, and only marginally worked in Win7 though lots of work. Might want to fix that in your profile!

Corsair Vengeance Red 32GB.

Kind of slow memory, but should be ok. Might want to swap it out just to see if it helps.

Tacens Radix IV 700 PSU?!

I can find no good reviews on this power supply, it seems it was made by another company, that is owned by yet another company? Have you tried another "Quality" PSU in your diagnoses? Running two 660 ti's would be pushing a 700w PSU pretty hard.

If you just want to go to ATI, I have no issue with that, but you might want to double check a couple things first.

Just saying.

15. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Change display adaptor to VGA adaptor in device manager. Reboot. uninstall all nv stuff from add / remove. Run driver sweeper (whatever it's called now). reboot. Then install the nvidia drivers again.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    700W is more than enough assuming that the PSU would give that (though in this case it might not come close). In my opinion, anything over 550W for single GPU rig is overkill and anything over 650W is massive overkill.

17. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Have not updated my drivers since 314.22 because they were working well with no problems whatsoever. I decided to give these 327.23 drivers yesterday but today my PC completely locked up while using Firefox. Not even ctrl-alt-delete would work and I had to switch off. This has NEVER happened before.
    Have now reverted back to stable 314.22.

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Here's the deal, I read the spec sheet on his PSU and the first thing I saw was it runs at 85% efficiency. This could be stated incorrectly, But.

If my math is correct, that would make it a 595w PSU. That makes me wonder if it is up to the task. My single PSU recommends a 550w for a single GPU, that leaves no headroom for a second card, or anything else for that matter.

Just something to consider.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This is the first driver since 314.07 whql that dont have game breaking bug that makes made me go back to previous drivers. Only issue I see is Random Zooming in for split second In the initial Swtor Loading screen Which is extremely RARE. Other wise the games I have all run identical to the 314.07 whql.

That and the random System lockup/Freezes seem to be fixed that where apparent in the 320.49

FF cause me no lockups, As I have had HW acceleration off for very long time the reason of FF HW is buggy and Nvidia drivers dont seem to play nice with it.

20. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    That's not how it works though. If a 100% efficient Power supply supplied a total of 700W of power it would draw 700W of real power from the wall socket with 0% wasted as heat in the circuitry and transformer. This is impossible, so a 700W supply running at 85% efficiency will draw 823W from the wall. The power supply can still deliver the rated wattage but will be wasting, as heat, whatever difference there is between 100% efficiency which is unachievable and the rated efficiency.