Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    gtx580 sli ? :)

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Drivers work differently for everybody unless there so bad that everyone has problems. Just like the 320.** drivers as they were all pretty much crap for the majority of users. That shows you right there that a driver is bad when the negative outweighs the positive reviews. Although this driver is not the best for me it does seem like a decent driver for the majority of users on here.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    In terms of architecture, the GTX 500 and 400 series are starting to age. Drivers could be difficult to code with the new architectures and features of modern graphics cards aka GTX 600/700/TITAN.

AMD had to drop HD 4 series and under because of a similar situation Nvidia is facing right now.

Quite honestly I'd think it best for Nvidia to release a "Legacy" driver for older cards as well.

Let the newer drivers be optimized for the new hardware, and just squash bugs with older cards and "Legacy" drivers.

You cant unify all of these cards forever, there is going to be a breaking point somewhere, and it's not Nvidias' fault. It's just how progression works, and it's not always enjoyable, but it makes for an interesting ride.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The majority of users here only post in a driver thread to either ask a question or complain. So saying that 320.xx was crap for the majority of users is making a pretty big assumption (especially considering how small this community is). I personally have only had one problem with the entire branch, and that was a minor performance regression with the Saints Row titles. As such, I haven't felt much of a need to post in these threads. I generally only see one or two people come in here to say that they're having a good experience.

Actually, Kepler is based heavily on Fermi, and is more of an evolution than something entirely new. Dropping the 200 series and below would be fine, as I don't really see them benefiting from new drivers anyway, but the 400 series (and 500) is still totally fair game.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Drivers still need to be optimized for each architecture and compiled for them all to be unified. Just because they are "based" on a past arch does not mean it's the same and will not have issues with software.

It's not as easy as people think to unify everything and have it work throughout 7+ generations of cards.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would probably rage hardcore style if my GTX 460 got dropped for driver support.

Not everyone buys a brand spanking new video card every few months and I will continue to support NVIDIA in the future because of the way they treat their customers by continually trying to perfect the drivers.

Could you imagine what NVIDIA would be like if they acted like Creative... lol..

Guys we don't support you any more you need to buy this new 400 dollar sound card because we want more of your money like now even though your current sound card functions perfectly and would continue to function perfectly if we felt like making new drivers for Windows Vista... Windows 7... Windows 8...

You get the idea.

7. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    These drivers are working fine on my setup:)

8. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    after updating from 320.49, my monitors won't enter standby anymore.
    is anyone else experiencing this?

-andy-

9. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    some older games like Rage or Metro2033 are crashing at start (...stopped working message) or not starting at all (without any error message).
    anyone else?

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I agree with IcE

The thing is Fermi GF100/110 is more stable then GF104/114 or GK104 will ever be.

One good example where GK104 fails because of new tessellation was TombRaider, MaxPAyne3, and 1-2 more if im not mistaken.
    Not to mention colorful bug in certain games (Trine, Assassins Creed3), crashing because of softshadows in 2 games, vsync stutter issues in the past, stutter issues now and what not.

So yeah Fermi is not that outdated as you seem to think.., older G80, G92, G200 are more troublesome now and should be left in legacy section too, not just dx9 or older.

11. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Hmmm weird.. Mine wont install at all.

EVGA by chance?

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Just played both for 30 mins each. No problem at all. No overclock.

13. 51cent

51cent Member

GPU:
    Sapp. R9 290X Tri-X

Have you tried to mod the 314.22 to support your 780?
    Since these did support the Titan they should also work for your 780, if you modify them. :infinity:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't tried either of those games but I get a black screen/spinning mouse cursor upon loading The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief on Steam which results in the game not responding according to Task Manager and needing to be ended manually.

15. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Once again, same as all 32x.xx drivers, if I switch my screen off for a while then switch it back on, the colors are messed up (looks darker, like a drop of brightness with an increase of contrast) and then when I start a 3D application, it works but the PC will always give me a black screen upon quit! Hard reboot required.

Rolling back to 31x.xx (314.22) always solve the issue.

If someone has a clue about that... I can't update my 680 GTX since month because of this issue :( Am I the only one encountering this nasty glitch?

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I had a play through on BF3 the other day, did not crash or TDRed (thank god for that), however the performance on Metro rush was dire especially when looking out of the window, I am pretty sure the voltage spikes here as well, this is the only game that is giving me grief, 314.22 is lightning on this game.

However Splinter Cel BL is very smooth and fast. I have no idea as to why BF3 is such a sensitive issue especially since the game is not exactly new. I can only hope that BF4 will be fixed from day one.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    So far these have worked great. Driver ambient occlusion is seriously bugged though.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    +1

I tried it in Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and its like it doesnt work or maybe very very light.

-Mass Effect AO flag used to be too dark but now its very light or not there, idk.

-Gears of War AO same as above.

-Mirrors Edge flag AO has no effect at all, before it use to be light now its like its transparent.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This is an enthusiast community so drivers will be and have been more rigourously tested than the average Joe, serious flaws in all those drivers have been found something that the average Joe may not find.

Peoples experiences are posted on Guru3D and many other forums which may have slipped your mind, i can tell you from feedback that those drivers suck generally. Didnt you read any of the the 320.** threads on here or other forums?

So are you saying that the 320.** branch of driver was a good driver for most people is that what your saying? From what i experienced and more importantly from what i read on Guru3D across the web was that the majority of people found them terrible so my assumption as you put it is a correct assumption if you want to call it an assumption. I would say its more fact going by the Feedback.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    GTX 600/700/TITAN are not that modern thou, neither do they bring many new features.