Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry to repeat myself but has anyone else tried The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (Steam version) with these drivers as on my system the game stalls during loading? Thanks.

2. A2ra3L

A2ra3L Member

GPU:
    MSI RX7600
    Hey all, long time stalker, but apparently new member (sure I had an account here ages ago, maybe it got deleted because I never used it?)

Anyway, just installed these today, no problems so far. Havn't tried on my kids rig that has a GTX560Ti SOC in it because I have been getting random lockups on desktop with drivers past 314.22 on that. But on my rig they are playing real nice. I use chrome so I can't comment on the firefox problems but no troubles with flash movies or games with this driver. With the 326.41 I had to disable hardware acceleration to get farmville 2 to work for the mrs or shockwave would stop responding, but on these I turned it back on and smooth as butter.

So far tried BF3 (ultra, no AA/AF/AO) and a couple of smaller games like The Showdown Effect nothing too stressful will do more testing tomorrow but they look good for my card at least

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i dunno what to say, for me those are the best drivers atm. never had issue with nvidia driver besides chrome crashes which they fixed quickly...

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'd add that it's either gone completely or so subtle that it's basically as good as disabled.

Mirror's Edge example
    AO (quality) on:
    [​IMG]

AO off:
    [​IMG]

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is that driver forced ambient occlusion that is broken or in-game AO (i.e. the game's own AO accessible through the Graphics options) as well?

6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Hours of play today and yesterday. NO STUTTER.

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Compared with .24 there is some stutter.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    its disables all nvidia inspector ao since 320.00 drivers:banana:
    i tested 314.22 on win 8.1 all work perfect

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Driver. Skyrim nor Mirror's Edge supports AO.

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Asking at random but do many people still play Warfighter? I really enjoyed the game but the online always seemed dead. has there been any updates?

11. audiodistortion

audiodistortion Guest

GPU:
    Titan X(P) + 980(PhysX)
    I also really enjoyed Warfighter MP, such a shame it had so many connection issues at launch... I may give it another go if the servers are still active.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    EA dumped support for it due to it's poor showing.

I really liked the first one but I found the second one pretty average.

Judging by the forums, not many people playing anymore.

13. eddman

eddman Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6G SC
    How come no one reads the PDFs?

"Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 326.80

TDR error may occur when the system is idle for several hours. [1330455]

[SLI]: TDR errors may occur when launching or switching between multiple YouTube
    videos. [1246309]"

Just installed it. Hopefully the browsing related freezes and lock-ups are fixed too.

Somehow the 320 drivers don't like 460/560 cards.

EDIT:
    Well, it didn't take long. Just encountered a lock-up/reboot, about 20 minutes after installation, while browsing with IE10 on windows 7 64-bit. Had to go back to 314.22.

How come nvidia can't fix this issue? I don't want to be stuck with 314.22 forever.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Because reading the PDF would be the smart thing to do. We will have none of that nonsense in this thread. :cool:

15. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    I got'a ask, and ask here, I guess: What is it y'all are having with WhateverFox and drivers?

For as long as Hardware Acceleration has existed in WaterFox/ Nightly-64/ whatever, and I had nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver up, I'd get **** like this:

[​IMG]

Or worse, this, after clobbering Aero:

[​IMG]

In fact, with this new driver, and my change over to a GT640 from a GTS450, I'll get one of these two based on HardAcc regardless of the power saver.

My Google-fu is weak, so I've never found a way to shut off whatever it is in the OS that's thinkin' unsupervised, so all I can do is shut down HardAcc.

But many of y'all are getting crashes instead? [​IMG]

16. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    I don't usually chime in on comments like yours, but seriously...how do you know it happens mostly to Intel users? If you'd use a bit of logic instead of jumping to conclusions, you'd gather that if people are complaining about stuttering with only this driver, then clearly their Intel chips were just fine previously. And by the way, I have owned AMD systems (CPU, GPU, even "AMD RAM") and in-game micro stuttering really was an issue with 2 particular builts, so much so with the last one (MSI Twin Frozr HD 7870 was the culprit, not the CPU/RAM, those were fantastic) that I returned it to Newegg with their blessings and settled on a Gigabyte 670 which at that time was used along with an AMD Phenom II 965BE. It was a great machine, but later moved to an Intel platform and a GTX770 and never experienced microstutteing like I did with the HD7870 (that crap was going crazy with stuttering on The Walking Dead!). Anyways, your "guess" isn't a very good one, and that's the sad truth.

17. NomadicX

NomadicX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    Far Cry 3 ran fine with these drivers but my mainstay Dark Age of Camelot locks up after 5 min. Back to 314.22 for me.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I got curious and ran some quick benchmarks against a much older driver on my GTX460 to see all these "14%, 40%, 8% performance improvements" over many, many driver versions. Should be a massive improvement...yes?

296.10 (old faithful) vs 327.23 in Tomb Raider (modern), then a 45 second Fraps bench of, Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones (an old one).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tomb Raider
    [​IMG]

FRAPS: Prince Of Persia T2T:
    2013-09-20 11:39:33 - POP3
    Frames: 8397 - Time: 45000ms - Avg: 186.600 - Min: 151 - Max: 222
    Tomb Raider
    [​IMG]

FRAPS: Prince Of Persia T2T: (Bug: Did not render the H.U.D. graphics around health bar.)
    2013-09-20 12:00:55 - POP3
    Frames: 8384 - Time: 45000ms - Avg: 186.311 - Min: 150 - Max: 219

Result: :3eyes:

...and for good measure, 'thee Tomb Raider driver'.

Tomb Raider
    [​IMG]

Result: /facepalm

314.22 claim "Up to 60% faster in Tomb Raider".
    320.49 claim "Up to 18% in Tomb Raider".
    327.23 claim "Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL".
    More like: Blowing smoke "Up 100% of my hairy buttocks".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  19. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Works fine with Final Fantasy XIV

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Only tried a little sleeping dogs and some web browsing, seem very stable though.