Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Thanks, that was quick!

2. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I hope these work ok :/

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A nice surprise as I wasn't expecting these until next week. I'm downloading the international version now but from the release notes I've read there doesn't appear to be very many fixes since the v326.80 betas. There's no mention of any improvements for Total War: Rome II which is disappointing, but to be fair to NVIDIA it's the developers that need to optimize the game for both the CPU and GPU because at the moment the performance is terrible on my GTX 780 (an ave. of 23 fps on the campaign map at 1920x1200 regardless of whether I use the Low or Extreme pre-set!!!).

I currently have the developer v327.24 OpenGL 4.4 driver installed which confusingly appears to be newer than this one. However, I understand that it doesn't include all the fixes in these certified drivers so I will install it regardless. My suggestion to NVIDIA though is to use a more logical numbering system for their drivers so that it is obvious which is the latest and most complete driver.

4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks for keeping us up to date with latest drivers, maybe I'll test them for the weekend, I'm still with perfectly stabile 326.41 Beta on manualy quite OC'ed Palit GTX 660. :thumbup:

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The new fixes will be in the upcoming Beta driver.

6. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    I know your pain with Rome2 went from having 30fps in battle & campaign map to having 9fps in battles. Hope the patch 3 for Rome2 gives some more love

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Any proof of this?

8. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Yes.

Some other testers and I have been using 327.23 for a bit now and there are some open issues still, but as Manuel said they are working on a BETA driver.

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    What say you ManuelG?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ManuelG posted on the GeForce.com forum in the v327.24 beta driver thread that those drivers do not contain all the fixes to be included in the next certified driver and I presume he was referring to today's v325.23 WHQL drivers?

It isn't uncommon for a developer to be using a different branch based around an older version of the driver as they are testing for OpenGL 4.4 in this case. Eventually OpenGL 4.4 will be added to the official driver releases which are currently still using OpenGL 4.3, I believe.

11. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    So is it still going to cause my PC to lockup using a 460?

12. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Still R325, yet 327 in name, vs R326 dev with 327 in name too. This is really getting irritating. I'll throw a coin when I come home. Face is 327.23, Back is 327.24 for me.

13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ugh - The Nvidia driver nightmare continues :(

I thought the PCI 3.0 fix was supposed to be in these drivers :confused:

14. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Is the nvlddmkm 4101 event fixed with these? I am getting issues in BF3 and DXGI Device removed a lot with anything past 320.xx release?

15. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    f'ing retarded to be honest :bang::bang:

What's the point of releasing a WHQL driver that has missing fixes with an older branch, but it's not really older even though it has an older branch name and number...

oh confused . com :bang:

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    When do you say the next beta ? Probably next week ?

17. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    another beta ? ?? what is this madness, I thought they took their sweet time to make a good driver with every fix once for all... dear lord, Nvidia, what a mess.

Also the new drivers still overvolt, overclock and overheat the GPUs, compared to 314.22 +8 / 10 degrees average, that's a lot, and still GPU usage drop in some games like Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2... man, disappointing.

18. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    So, basically, these are a pass. Great job nvidia. Keep alienating more customers with your incessant ineptitude.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I noticed 327.24 opengl4.4 were a little more fuzzy looking - less crisp.. Anybody else?

20. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i told you those opengl4.4 (326) drivers have less quality then geforce drivers (325)

i waited from the drivers more than this but thanks after all at least new drivers to test