The Real Differences Between PS4 and Xbox One

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Edge-Online has posted an interesting article about the power differences between the PS4 and the Xbox One. Here's an excerpt: PlayStation 4 is currently around 50 per cent faster than its rival Xbox...

The Real Differences Between PS4 and Xbox One

2. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Guest

GPU:
    :
    So the PS4 console will be getting lo-fi console ports. Hurrah.

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    But but, xbone got 150mhz speed bump. woooo.......

In addition to the article, even today's midrange pc is significantly faster than both.
    But the problem is pc has no parents.:(

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Correct. My younger 12 year old brother's pc having an i7 2600k & a GTX 560 will trump both.

With regards to a pc not having parents. They do have parents. WE are the parents. :)

5. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Basically PC gaming is just a headache, that is of course if you want to make the best of, you need lots of time and money (much time, to make the best of it)

Quite simply anything that's a minority is simply not catered for, and anything which is slightly more than a minority is catered for poorly, the latter being PC gaming.

And that's the size of it.

High end PC's (780 SLI + 6 cores 4.5Ghz with HT for example) have the power to run a well optimized game which could look and run 5-6 years ahead of what we are seeing now, never gonna happen though, specially as the hardware market is making an absolute fortune from people spending £1000's to make poorly optimized games run at 1080p 60 frames per second lol

The only reason I have even the SLIGHTEST interest in PC gaming is PURELY because I cannot take mentally or physically 30FPS. If consoles ran at 60FPS (the minimum for smooth motion for my eyes) I would take the hit in graphics for HUUUUGE savings and hassle free (press the on button and play) gaming.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    There is no denying PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming but you don't need to have thousands of pounds worth of GPUs like dual Titan to run games at higher resolutions with better IQ than consoles. Just as intel's 2011 socket isn't needed for gaming when an i5 SB/IB/HW will give you almost exactly the same gaming performance (which will be streets ahead of consoles) at a faction of the price.

If you can afford it and get joy from it then obviously the sky's the limit on how much you spend but if you stick to a sensible price/performance ratio when deciding what parts to have in your setup then the costs (at least for me) are pretty reasonable..

7. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    If you got that conclusion from this article, you obviously have no idea how any of this works.

8. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    PS4 vs xbone is turning into pc vs console. Lol.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Lets not attempt to categorise consoles and pcs, with their respective users in different camps, because I personally cannot believe the reality is like that.

In terms of the two consoles, I think it's a little bit different than the current generation of consoles in that no system will have any significance over the other and it's really down to school playground banter - similar to my dads stronger than yours etc.

It's all gaming, and this next gen happening now is not going to have different resolutions or textures over the other. Might be a stunning exclusive, but as exclusives will not port, neither can the argument.

I do recall gta 4 looking better on the 360, and bf3 also, but in general this round will not have a graphical victor; it will be a price/confidence war of attrition.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Cheers for posting this, Hilbert, such a shame microsoft has decided to go lazy on the hardware side (apart from their gimmicky gizmos).

11. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Can't wait to see the first game emulated on PC , it may be possible to get a emulating software really quick out.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I hope so I want to play Forza 5 but the problem will be the fact that everything in that game is downloaded not on disk.

13. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Sorry but a card that is between 7870 and 7850 is faster and if the games will be taking advantage of all of those 8 cores then I doubt that that pc is better.

14. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    You've got to admire Microsoft for sticking to their guns and having the guts to finally deliver a true 720p HD product.

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    All game devs have to do is ignore the Xbone and just focus on PS4. Microsoft would be rightfully phased out of the console market.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Isn't it meant to be very difficult to emulate multi threaded software on systems that have less threads available? One of the reasons, amongst many, as to why the PS3 still doesn't have a fully working emulator out.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    PS3 doesn't even have a slightly working emulator.

18. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    No, most of the time the difficulty is because instruction sets differ.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There are no emulators for PS3 or XB360, has something changed to make it possible for the XB1 or PS4 ?

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This for real. I have built an i7 rig for under $800. It handles everything fantastically. Way above console quality. My friends rig we just built is an i7 920 @ 3.4 6gb HD 5770 for around $550 and it run games still damn awesome.