Youtube Problem, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dk_lightning, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I have noticed that today, the button to enlarge YT vids is missing for me.

The full screen button is still there but the other one to just make it fill more of the screen has buggard off.

Anyone else having this as well or just me? :(

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    They moved it to the settings button. It's a pita as to change resolution it now takes three clicks instead of two :(
    Why do they have to change stuff that works well and make it more complicated?

[EDIT] While I'm having my little rant, why do they have to periodically change the layout of my local supermarket? You end up wandering about aimlessly looking like a total numpty. They just changed it yesterday. Again. I don't know which genius chose this layout but I seriously doubt women are going to want people queuing at the checkout watching them choose their sanitary towels and tampons, because seriously, there is nothing else to look at while you're queuing except the shelf next to the queueing area.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    yeah they changed it if you mouse over to bottom right click on the little sprocket/settings it will give you screen size and video quality

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Only problem I have with Youtube, is getting videos to actually play. After 1 or 2 videos, my ISP appears to throttle Youtube streams.... I have to switch my DNS settings to OpenDNS to watch more than 2 videos a night.

Hey, my local BestBuy had it's layout changed a few weeks ago. Now it's nearly impossible to actually find what you're looking for without wandering the entire store. If you're looking for a tablet, you'll have to look in 6 different sections of the store. They have different sections setup for Surface Tablets, Android Tablets (non-Samsung), iPads, Galaxy Tab/Note, Nook and Kindle. Graphics cards, sound cards and writeable media were moved from the PC section of the store, to the console gaming section (which is on the other side of the store). Keyboards and mice were split between the software and office sections of the store. Internal (mechanical) harddrives were moved into the networking section. Internal (SSD) harddrives were moved to a display with flash drives and external harddrives were moved to the software section.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Lol^ What happened to the candy bars & magazines at the checkout...

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I took the Guru approach and installed Tampermonkey + a userscript called Youtube center. You can customize youtube to your liking and fix most of the annoying problems.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Their plan is working perfectly then! The idea of moving things around is specifically to make you search to find what you are looking for. Their principle behind this, and it does work enough to warrant the effort, is that in search for the items you actually want you walk past items that you wouldn't have bought there otherwise, but you buy because it's there. It's why bread and milk are usually at the other end of the store, to force you to walk past other items! It's the same deal in department stores, where they put the men's clothing section behind the women's. If a women is shopping with or for her husband/partner, they can also get the 'oh I wasn't going to buy anything but this looked good' sales.

8. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    yea it sucks, i hate google more everyday tbh

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They will change it again, it's not first time that happens.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Disabling the buffering is indeed awesome.
    However it adds the arrow to play for every video i choose. any way to disable that ?

12. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm not sure what you mean by "arrow to play"?

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well just enable the buffering. if you open up a youtube page it will automaticly play the video.
    if i disable the buffering and open up youtube i have to click extra on the video itself to play it.
    [​IMG]

15. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/youtube-high-definition/

Think they do this addon for Chrome too.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yep, and it loads 1080p by default once set as quickly as regular YouTube will load a 360p video, at least for me.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm not sure what you mean by "enable buffering", but if you want YouTube to buffer the whole thing, uncheck "dash playback" under the player tab. My videos play automatically.

18. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I can't find "dash playback" under the player tab at all! Think I'm going blind.

19. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh, it's there:

[​IMG]

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    why use build-in 480p if you can have 720p or even 1080p windowed lol :D
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/?src=api