AMD Catalyst 13.10 BETA (13.200.11.0 September 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by freibooter, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Aizer22

Aizer22 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RADEON HD 6300M
    Screen brightness on windows 8 does not work

Screen brightness on windows 8 does not work with AMD Catalyst 13.10 - AMD Radeon HD 6300M. How to fix this problem

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You can't fix it, it's a bug. Roll back to drivers that worked.

AMD is informed so let's hope they will fix it in next beta drivers.

3. Aizer22

Aizer22 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RADEON HD 6300M
    I can't, because preview driver does not work properly with Photoshop CS6 keeps flashing and black screen flickering. But with latest beta drivers works fine just I lost brightness adjustment.

4. Yahyoh

Yahyoh Member

GPU:
    AMD 5470M
    LOL normal crappy AMD drivers :bang::bang:

u can try 13.1 it was working for me on W8 but i'm now on W8.1 i'm not sure if its ok to use W8 driver on 8.1 :rolleyes:

5. Yahyoh

Yahyoh Member

GPU:
    AMD 5470M
    hmm i remember i had the same problem before

go to CCC to gaming setting -> frame rate control -> set it to on unless application specifies :)

6. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    Hmmmmm I try 13.10 in HD 7770.
    DotA2 has little stuttering if stay in a near the enemy unit . However, 13.4 has smoothing.

7. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure why I didn't think of this. Everything is working now.
    :)

8. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    so, I must admit that the situation is really improved now.
    Kind suggestion: if you have an old windows installation (but also already installed old drivers), you never cleaned properly your system and drivers, use the latest version of atiman uninstaller.
    Installed win 7 64 last year (or more) and changed many drivers...the AMD uninstallation (even if with complete option) simply doesn't work and the free edition of "Driver Fusion" doesn't do anything. You have no idea how much stuff AMD keeps around the folders and the windows registry. Something goes wrong, something does conflicts and performance degrades in an incredible way. Practically until yesterday I have never been able to evaluate the frame pacing in the proper way...something was old, something didn't work as expected. Now frames per second in Crossfire are monstrous, even at Ultra details for almost every game! and stuttering almost gone...
    Well...or do a clean install of Windows (better 7 64bit) OR:
    1) completely uninstall AMD software and reboot
    2) launch the latest version of Atiman uninstaller (7.0.2)
    3) choose automatic uninstall
    4) it does a bit long procedure, but it's amazing and does not even make a mistake
    5) at the end reboot and recheck the atiman logs
    6) reboot so it resets a 640x480 resolution
    7) ccleaner for the final cleaning
    8) reboot and finally install the new drivers package
    9) reboot, disable ULPS and reboot again
    10) done...
    difference is like night and day, guaranteed
    :mhp:

p.s.: also suggest to keep the vsync off, because there's no input lag with high fps and tearing almost never annoying...I don't notice it as before
    played Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution, all at Ultra settings...no complaints

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. Crazed Weevil

Crazed Weevil Guest

GPU:
    2 x XFX 5870 1Gb CF'd
    Has anyone noticed an improvement with Rome II with these drivers when using a Crossfire setup? It says they added a profile for it, but I still get massive negative scaling when running a pair of 5870s.

Single card isn't too bad using the high settings though, much better than before...

10. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Atiman uninstaller (7.0.2) has already in program menu a ULPS_control application for disable or enable ULPS automatically.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    we need a new driver to fix the bull**** that is one of my gpus is running at 99%
    also something is wrong with the bandwith i keep getting stuck in link 1x stutter city with crossfire and sometimes my cards when running cpuz bandwith test are stuttering and running at 1x sometimes 1x and 2x on another card and sometimes 3.0 speeds on both but then no gpu usage on 1 card 99% on 1 and 60% or 40% on the other.

something is messed up and also random 116bsod`s on win 7 login... :/

12. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    You're like the 10th person I've seen crying about this. DO a search, disable ULPS maybe.

13. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Thanks. Fixed by changing the refresh rate to my Denon AVR from 60 hz to 59 hz in Windows Display settings. CCC refresh settings defaults to 60 hz no matter what I select.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And your the first person that thinks im some kind of computer illiterate.
    I have it still has the bug with ULPS disabled.

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Have you tried doing a Clean Uninstall with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), then proceeding to reinstall the driver?

Also did you try refitting your GPU back in the PCIE Slot?

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yes and yes tried both.
    i personally think its one of 2 things, ati driver or motherboard. as the bios is still being tweaked being that new ect there still optimizing the bios.

17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Well the driver theory can easily be tested by installing another driver. However if it's an issue caused by the motherboard then you would either have to wait for a new bios update, or preferably try the graphic card with another motherboard if possible.

Driver You may want to try in no particular order are 13.2 BETA 7, 13.2 BETA 6, 13.2 BETA 5, 13.5 BETA 2, 13.4 Whql, 13.6 BETA 2, 12.10 WHQL.

18. COOPOD

COOPOD Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ X 3GB
  19. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Is it normal that RAGE stutters a bit in open areas (wasteland)? I'm asking because I played long time ago and maybe something was changed by id Software in game or by AMD in drivers?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Any news about the CAP for Arma III?