Splinter Cell 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 29, 2011.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Are you running three titans on a i7 950? i'd at least go Sandy bridge for those.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    First time I ran the game, started in dx9 at 3200x1800. Performance was gawd awful. Switched to 4x MSAA itself as well lol. Crashed in dx11. Well they now fixed that, and a lot of other stuff. Can now run the game 40-50fps at 3072x1728 smoothly.

3. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Guest

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    i run on i7 4770k at 4.5 ghz. it 's the sli profil, 100% usage on 2 card, 50% on 3 cards.

the game is not optimized for 3 or 4 card. **** !

4. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Yeah I saw a dev video a while back where they had completely disabled the UI so there's a way to do it somehow. There is a line in the config file for

[Engine.HUD]
    HudMode=hide
    Crosshair=hide

But changing these values does nothing :(

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Wait the config files are not encrypted?

Damn didn't know that. Usually in UE3 games, the GameOptions.ini file contains the option of switching of hud entirely. The parameter in Engine.ini never works for me. Probably its an Editor mode parameter?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unreal Engine 2.5, you can edit the config file in the game folder for some settings although the main ones are in the Documents folder though everything is already available from the in-game options from what I remember.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can waypoint etc UI textures be edited to transparent or even removed altogether?

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    The new patch give suport for 2560x1080 21:9 but it dont work. It's only for giving people hope.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Full changelog of the new patch?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's nothing new here that I can find, only the earlier 1.01 and 1.02 updates.

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I hope they listen to the elitist pc community and make another tier of difficulty which disables the gadgets and HUD.

And also limits Sam to just 1 magzine of bullets in any weapon. It will be the King of stealth (because no mgs5 on pc yet gg sony & kojima). Chaos Theory and Blacklist have come quite close in gameplay quality, and Blacklist sometimes allows another dimension of thinking(tri-rotor,smoke,etc). And the side missions are sometimes better than the campagin and give the idea of one huge area, like the bank mission in Chaos Theory (my favorite).

12. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Stuttering Fix

I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if this had already been resolved.

Some complain about stuttering. The stuttering is due to the fast repeat rate of a keyboard (repeating keys WSAD), just like it was for Dead Island, etc.

Search for DEAD ISLAND keyboard stuttering fix and use that. Then game is totally smooth.

Two ways to temporarily disable the keyboard repeat function:

- FilterKeys: Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make the keyboard easier to use > Set up Filter Keys > select "Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys" > Set up Repeat Keys and Slow Keys > at the top select "0.0 seconds" > tick "Ignore all repeated keystrokes" > OK > at the top, tick "Turn on Filter Keys" > OK > OK. To disable it again, untick "Turn on Filter Keys".

- Keyboard Repeat speed/delay: Control Panel > Keyboard > set "Repeat delay" and "Repeat rate".
    For gaming set to longest repeat delay & slowest repeat speed. Set back to normal afterwards.

Find a tool that can automate this or write a program/script for yourself.

If there's a need, I can write a program (EXE) to automate the process, i.e. to disable the keyboard repeat function, start the game, and then restore normal keyboard repeat function when game closes.

13. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    It would be awesome to write such program. Cause the DI helpers doesnt work under win8 and the manual procedure is annoying. Spread it everywhere im sure everyone will love it.

14. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Will write the prog.

Not at home for a few days (no access to gaming PC) so need following info please:

- name of DX9 EXE file of Splinter Cell Blacklist
    - name of DX11 EXE file
    - subfolder in which game EXE is located for both Steam and UPlay versions (i.e. in which subfolder off of the root folder... e.g. "..\Win32\System" or such).

If I have that I can write the prog. Actually I'll just extract it from a much larger prog I wrote some time ago. :)

Must add that it'll be for Win7. Do not have access to Win8. Might work in Win8, not sure.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You can get the install location and exec location from the registry. Probably much easier than programming for several different install locations.

Reg key for install location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Splinter Cell Blacklist\installdir (binary)

Exec path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Splinter Cell Blacklist\execPath (binary)

Exe name: DX11 : Blacklist_DX11_game.exe
    DX9 : Blacklist_game.exe

16. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Aahh, just realized it's a Ubisoft game, and they often use launchers. My prog remains resident as long as the game's main EXE file is resident, and if a launcher is used, the launcher EXE and the final game EXE differs.

I haven't played this game myself, but I gave the MANUAL keyboard repeat solution to a number of people and it removed the stuttering in Blacklist for all of them. So I know it works.

LAST QUESTION: How does this game start... via a launcher EXE or can it start directly via the "Blacklist_DX11_game.exe" and "Blacklist_game.exe" files? If not what is the launcher EXE filename?

The user will place my prog in the game's EXE folder, that way there can be no confusion. Just need the names.

Thx.

17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It starts via a uplay launcher which runs Blacklist_Launcher.exe. This runs gu.exe which is checking for updates then the game launches. You can start manually with the proper blacklist exe files.

18. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Ok, then I'll use a script to start both the game and my prog exe, that way the user can adapt the game's filename in the script if he needs to. And he can adapt it for any other games that may have the same problem.

See if I can finish it later today.

Can I get a willing tester's email address so we can verify it when I'm done (before posting it)? It's written for Win7 (using x64).

19. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Stuttering Fix (Blacklist) - testers needed

The "keyboard repeat off" code is completed (EXE file and a VBS script).

Can we get willing bravehearts to test it in Vista, Win7, Win8 perhaps, before I post it here. I don't have the game here, so cannot test it.

I'm on a trip and have only a Win7 system here, so that's what it was written for. No idea whether it works in Vista/Win8, so test it AT YOUR OWN RISK. The worst that can happen in
    other versions of Windows is that it won't work, or that it might not restore your keyboard repeat function, in which case you can simply do so manually. It requires .NET Framework v2.0 (native part of Vista and later).

I wrote this myself so can confirm that the EXE file does not contain any funny stuff!

What's the easiest way to get the zipfile to a tester without posting it here.. email? If so PM me the email address and mention your Windows version please.

Thanks.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'll test win 8.1