SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I don't expect people to read every page, they can use this great feature called "Search this thread" on the top left just under the page navigator.

There is no FAQ in the main posts if you haven't noticed. :p

2. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    That's not a bad idea.

Write up some frequently asked question and I'll put them up in the main posts .. with answers even.

3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Q: Can you add Depth of Field in the next version of SweetFX?
    A: NO!

4. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870

If the injector could provide access the a depth, I'd love to add it. But Japamd, Boulotaur and Crosire all tell me that it's very difficult.

That said .. after japamd said it , he soon after introduced a HBAO effect in RadeonPro, and for that to work it must have a depth to work with.

But you're correct.

Bonus infrequently asked question:
    Q: Why the name SweetFX?
    A: SweetFX is a suite of effects, the effects are sweet and DirectX effect files use the extension .fx
    It's a triple wordplay.

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    BTW Windows 8.1 DirectX 11.2 compatibility isn't that big an issue because Win8.1 haven't been released yet.

The only people who currently have it are developers and pirates.

Greetings fellow developers! ;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    I second this movement.
    the developer or the person who added x64 dlls better be here somewhere still.

7. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Ceejay, I am hoping you have found a way to make the LumaSharpen not sharpen aliasing lines along with the rest of the picture. The sharpening is a really great feature. It really improves the image quality almost to the same quality of using high levels Anisotropic filtering.

8. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    does that -dxlevel 11 launch command fix that directx error? someone try it because i cant right now? and say y/n.

because i 8.1 is using dxlvl 11.2

anyone know what -dxlevel is for dx11?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Most of the FAQ are troubleshooting questions but then I don't expect the FAQ to be anything less. :)

Q: Can I use this with a OpenGL games?
    A: SweetFX does not currently support OpenGL but hopefully in the future we can support it.

Q: When I launch the game it crashes/doesn't start/SweetFX isn't enabled?
    ^Doesn't have to be all one question, did this to save time on my part. :p
    A: Try disabling AA in-game(some games wont work with AA and SweetFX together,) if that doesn't work check the log file to see if maybe it will give you an ideal location and if not try Boulotaur's injector; if that fails post the log file information in the thread and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Q: Does this work with 64bit games? (not really frequently asked but nice none the less)
    A: Yes, Boulotaur's Injector works with 64bit exe's.

Q: I keep getting an error when using DX11 on Win 8.1 RTM?
    A: Known issue since preview and not a big issue right now as it's not released yet (just using your words on the last part really. :p)

Q: Why wont Amnesia: The Dark Descent work with SweetFX? ( ifigure why not because people ask this a lot.)
    A: Amnesia is an OpenGL game which SweetFX does not support at this time.

That's all I can think of right now, I will post more if I have more to add.

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Nothing you do will fix SweetFX DX11 with 8.1 unless you re-write the Dxgi dll. xD

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    The correct way to solve this is to apply LumaSharpen first and then apply Anti-aliasing in another pass.
    Boulotaurs version does this and it really helps.

But I'm also working improving lumasharpen so it will sharpen more in low contrast areas and less in high.
    Aliased edges typically have high contrast, so this should lower the sharpening on them, while also giving a more natural look as it avoids sharpening details that are already sharp enough.

*should* - because I'm still working on it, tweaking it, trying to see if it actually works like I imagined it would.

But here's a development version from today :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9942986/LumaSharpen.h

It may or may not go into SweetFX 1.5 , but right now I'm leaning towards not because there is still a lot of evaluation to be done. Maybe 1.6.

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    BTW .. does DX10 work under Win8.1 .. it uses the same dxgi.dll so I think it will have the same problem.

DX9 should work fine though.

13. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I have a question.

Why SFX with Castlevania and Rayman Legend crash with resolution higher than 1800p (DS)? For this reason I cant enable SFX and play in 2160p...this is unpleasant. :(

14. Geodude07

Geodude07 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Little bit of a problem, WoW just updated and SweetFX stopped working.

I figured maybe something got messed up so I updated it all, and still can't get it to activate. All my settings should still be the same. Any ideas?

Also what is Boulotaur's Injector exactly? Hear some people mentioning that, is that entirely different?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  15. WillM3380

WillM3380 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 285
    Just wanted to second the fact that, as of yesterday with Blizzards patch 5.4 for WoW, Sweetfx has completely stopped working. I've tried reinstalling it with no luck, and it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it won't work now.

16. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    That... Is a good question, unfortunately I don't have win 8.1 (preview or otherwise) to test it, would be convenient if someone who has either could test it.

DX9 works fine, at least it does for Guild wars 2:

17. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    His injector is basically a different injection method than what is currently used with SweetFX 1.4; the advantages to his injector are a couple less files, 64bit game compatible, SMAA and FXAA are in the same dll (32 bit and 64 bit dlls) but you have to have one of them enabled to have the injector work properly, speed improvements for DX9 and technically it should work with more games that SweetFX previously didn't but I have no idea how far that stretches. Read all the key features of it really and you'll get the differences/advantages. Suppose to migrate to that injector with SweetFX 2.0 but seeing as Boulotaur isn't on much right now I don't know when that move will actually happen.

18. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    Just use Radeonpro with Windows 8.1. It work with Sweetfx!

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Does it work with DX11? Big button issue for most win8.1 users, DX9 should be working fine, no idea about DX10.

20. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    im currently using a nvidia card but ill try it

its not working on dx11

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.