*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yeah if I was building a rig now I think I would go for a mini-ITX as well you can put so much power in such a small space now.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea. Probably could have gone for a slightly smaller case than the BitFenix Prodigy, since for a mini-ITX it's still got a pretty large footprint... but i liked the idea of having more room to work with, and the layout of the case is quite nice, aside from the lack of space between the end of the PSU and the end of the PSU "area". I'm thinking about seeing if the PSU mounting bracket that goes on the back of the PSU from my Cosmos II has the same mounting holes and would line up in the same place as those on the Prodigy, so that'd provide a bit more usable depth. Probably my only gripe with this case is the space for the PSU.

3. Bhavv

Bhavv Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning SLI
    Hello, I just got myself a new case and tried various simple lighting mods with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally heres a video showing the Nzxt hue in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXg7bRggp7k

Thanks for looking.

Oh, and a benchmark:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    ^ Welcome to Guru3D Bhavv! Nice and good looking Rig! I like the red and blue/clear lighting.

Also if you don't mind repost those scores in the appropriate thread. We love new scores from old and new members. ;)

5. Wendig0

Wendig0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X
    Bhavv^

Do you plan on doing anything with your SSD's? looks like they're just loosely sitting directly on top of your two hard drives. I'd probably rig up a way to keep raised above them by placing large spacers or you can place them behind the mobo in that area or the other expansion bays... But I guess if you do that then they'll be hidden :(

6. Bhavv

Bhavv Guest

GPU:
    I plan to replace the blu tak I used to stick them down with double sided tape, and move the badges lower after my replacement hard drive cages arrive (the tabs broke on one, and I want that badge strip sitting on top of the tabs).

I put the SSDs there so I could see them and cover up the horrid HDD labels.

I've had this account here for a long time btw, but mainly just used this site for reading articles.

I also attempted to submit it for rig of the month, and then I looked at the past winners and realized I could never beat entries like those.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    That looks pretty epic, nicely done. :D

8. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Very nice rig you have put together Bhavv The lighting looks wonderful and i just love big side panel windows good job mate..

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I would love to post some pics of my build but i have a very low quality cam on my phone at the moment and i am stuck temporarily trying to figure out the best lighting and colors to match my color scheme plus to cover to all dark areas and finally finish off with my cable management which is a pain on my CM 690 II advanced case since there's hardly no room at all on the back side with the amount of cables i am using, no matter what i have tried i just can't get the panel to close without squeezing and warping it i mean i have to push it so hard to make it close if i mange it at all.:bang: It is about time to get a new case and withing my budget i have my eyes set on the NZXT PHANTOM 530 BLACK when it's released in my Country.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeeeep, 690 II Advanced has not much room, i had the same issue few years back.

The 350D has surprisingly enough room, the case isn't that small either, maybe ATX sized.

11. Bhavv

Bhavv Guest

GPU:
    Just get a nzxt hue like I did, each led part has three RGB leds, and they can be each be adjusted for different colours, plus it has a colour cycle mode which is how I use it.

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    At the time i bought it i after a lot of thinking and trying i managed to strap down as flat as possible all the cables i needed using zip ties (my previous psu was modular as well) and got the side panel to slide in perfectly into place.
    Now that i have the rig in my specs + a few more HDD's,fan controller, Cathode lights 8 120mm fans and in the summer i add another 2 120mm fans on my H100 for a push/pull config I just can't get it to fit at all leaving me no option but to leave the panel off until i can get my hands on a new case..
    Thanks a lot for letting me know about the NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller, I did not know about this product and it looks like exactly what i need.:)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  13. Bhavv

Bhavv Guest

GPU:
    Bah, double sided tape wasnt thick enough to stick the SSDs down, so I'll have to leave blu tak on them. It was fine though, hadnt melted or anything, just a little oily residue entered the stickers though.

14. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

Here is my Rig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPU: Intel i7 3930K @ 3.2Ghz (Stock)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H90 140mm
    MOBO: Asus X79 Sabertooth
    RAM: 32GB (4GB x 8) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    GPUS: 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2GB in SLI (Stock)
    SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series with I/O
    CASE: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875 Watt
    HDD 1: Sandisk SSD Extreme 240GB (OS)
    HDD 2: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM (Installed Software)
    HDD 3: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM (Downloads)
    HDD 4: WD Green 3TB 5400RPM(Storage)
    HDD 5: Seagate 2TB 5400RPM (Storage)
    ODD 1: LG Blu-ray Rom/HD-DVD Rom
    ODD 2: Sony Blu-ray Writer
    E-sata Ports: x 3
    Fans: Corsair 140mm Fan (For Radiator)
    Noctua 120mm Fan
    Noctua 140mm Fan
    Thermaltake 200 x 200 x 20 mm Colorshift fan (Front)
    Thermaltake 200 x 200 x 30 mm Colorshift fan Plug & Play (Side)
    Thermaltake 200 x 200 x 30 mm Colorshift fan (Top)
    Mouse: Logitech G9X
    Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker
    Primary Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2711 2560 x 1440 27" LCD Monitor
    TV: Sony 40" 3D LED Full HD tV 200Hz
    Amp: Yamaha RX - V661 AVR
    Speakers: Wharfedale 7.2 Surround Speakers
    Internet: 100Mbit Connection

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Nice, looks bad-ass. :)

I very much like the layout of the RAM slots on X79 motherboards.

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Welcome to Guru3D BUFDUP. The online place were people come together to share useful knowledge, leave constructive posts and have meaningful and friendly conversations... :D

(p.s I there really any place like the one I described? Besides Church? And even there, its a longshot.)

x2

17. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    Got a desktop after about a decade lol!

i5 4670K with Coolermaster 212 Evo
    MSI Z87 G45
    HIS Radeon HD7790 Turbo 1GB
    8GBx1 2133Mhz Patriot Viper
    120GB Kingston Hyperx SSD
    Antec HCG 750W

Sorry about the bad pictures, still using a phone camera. And the cables seem bad because they aren't covered by the removed drive rack :p.

When this rig came alive this Friday, it was one of the most happiest feelings ever. Back to a desktop after YEARS. And for the first time cashed out quite a bit of my savings on it. Got the 7790 as I wanted something to cross me by a few months till the new AMD/Ati cards come out. Getting another 8gb Viper next month and maybe a Seagate 1TB barracuda (Salary is awaited). Cheers! Great rigs here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Looks good! :thumbup:

P.S: I though all of you Dubai people were rich! :D

19. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Do you recommend that Cooler Master HAF XB?

I'm thinking of getting another GTX 780 SC ACX, but the cooling in my Silverstone SST-TJ04B-E is horrible.

I can't even have the side panel on because it presses against the PCI-E cable. It's pretty bad seeing as the card is already sagging from it's own weight.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    This is how my PC looks so far, tomorrow i get my RAM and in 2 weeks a 4670K or 4770K.

I have the PSU fan at the top, i've heard that this way it also moves the heat from the videocard better cause the fan sucks the air from the videocard in and out the back of the PSU?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013