Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Weird but Bioshock infinite crashing too often for me with this beta drivers on windows 8.

2. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Mate that seems like a really interesting idea and quite frankly might be worth getting anyway, just not sure about the BF3 micro stutter as I would imagine if it was my rig, or something to do with my electricity/power supply it would occur in all games?

Still I may try it anyway and I FOR SURE really appreciate such an interesting suggestion.

I would really have to go back and take extreme notice with the older drivers before I could CONFIRM this however, I can say with some confidence micro stutter in BF3 is far worse with these drivers than with 314.22 - again pointing to my power supply not being the issue, but again thanks a lot.

3. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    HonoredShadow I actually went ahead and ordered that as quite frankly it sounds pretty interesting even if it does not solve this particular problem.

If it is nothing more than a gimmick it does at least not cost the earth so why not give it a go I thought.

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Well it has evened out my electric supply coming into the house/socket. I don't notice microstutter now. I did before. It's worth a shot. At the very least your getting great protection.

5. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Absolutely.

Oddly, I used to live in Telford lol

6. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    StealBalls it will be interesting to hear your results with this.

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    The beta ? That is ?

8. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Nvidia only ads games to the driver and doesnt solve the CTD problem.

I only did a prediction on how nvidia is working.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Do you not read the release notes in drivers? There are a lot of fixes for many games. I would think Nvidia prioritizes problems according to severity. If they are testing a game on 100 PCs and only 2 of them report CTDs, it will not likely be an elevated problem to work on. If there are other issues, maybe less severe, like minor graphical glitches or AA not working properly in some titles, that will get higher priority if it affects a majority of users.

Everyone thinks the world revolves around them, and if they have a CTD, then the company has to drop everything for them and to hell with everyone else. :nerd:

10. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    The CTD problem that people have isnt game related many people with a 400\500 serie card have this problem.

nvidia just sucks.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    How many is "many" in percentage terms? I still have a 570 in another machine and cant recall having driver related CTDs with it on old or new drivers. If 1000 people in forums reported CTDs with 400/500 series of cards, that may seem a lot but in percentage terms may not be much amongst more than a 100,000 card owners.

12. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Thats what i say if not all the 400/500 cards have this CTD problem only some like the 560 TI cards then nvidia just sucks how hard can i be to only fix it for some cards.

Nvidia just sucks and give people a ctd problem that they have to reboot the pc several times a day for many months now.

13. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    What a hole lol! I'm sorry if it does not work for you but I have no problems regarding SLI microstutter now and I have used multiple drivers on the same install of Win 7.

Like I said at least you are getting protection and a 'cleaner' supply.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    speaking of these extension cords

would something like this be good? It has EMI/RFI shield 65dB is that for lan or can be for noise in PC current too?

http://www.mavit.co.uk/belkin-f9m823de2m-gry-surge-surgemaster-av-tel--8-103404-p.asp

15. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    With all sli/Cf drivers problems, considering the economic situation a man that buy 2 titans or 2 gtx 780 it's only a big idiot, no offense man, but really what a waste of money... it's a shame.
    Sorry again

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

16. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    The one I linked to does more than anti surge. That's all I can tell you. I can't tell from the description (@ 6am lol) if that one you link to does any more than that.

I personally have had two things happen while using two of the ones I have linked on Amazon. (1) My Denon HIFI sounds much better plugged into one of these. (2) Microstutter went away with no software/hardware change at that time.

The only difference I could say to Stealballs is that he is using mostly Vsync @ 60hz and I'm mostly not using Vsync @ 120hz. Some games I do use VSync if they are non-competitive.

Other than all of that, I have no idea if it would help you guys sorry!

EDIT: @ Steelballs. I have just removed the surge protector from the wall and plugged in the PC etc. into one that does not do what the other one does. I have now got microstutter in BF3. Empty room, change of graphics effects. Nothing fixes it. I don't ever overclock my graphics cards.

On another note make sure you use High performance in the Control panel/power and make sure that profile is not parking the CPU cores by using this program. When I do all that AND the surge protector from Amazon, all is dandy!

Just make sure you use the CPU parking program right. Make sure you use the high performance profile and change that. Then at least you still have balanced for other times.

[​IMG]

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I have not had a single ctd with games or browsing. so I dont know what other peoples problem.

and to people talking about dirty power

the housing complex that I live in, is still using aluminum wiring.....

it a pita on electronics during power surges, even with power surge protectors, I still have to reset my monitor ac adapter. and I get static on my soundblaster card on high volume

I lived in a brand new house for 5 years and never had static on soundcards. even with generic ess audio chips.

anyway

people keep saying nvidia drivers are crap. sure its not the computer?..no offense. I had nvidia cards longer then I had ati/amd. and I always had better luck with nvidia. tnt/mx420,fx,7600gt and 580

lol could be worse. could of had a trident 3d video chip............now those where bad drivers.

18. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    I was having these odd crashes, freezes in the 326.xx driver series - reduced a bit with the 326.41. I'll give these a go and see if things are better. Weird issue though; seems to affect only 550 Ti/560/460 users.

19. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i only get the 30+ hour reset thing now, not had a single browser freeze system freeze or game crash/freeze

what i did was back off my cpu OC to 3.3 from 3.45Ghz loosened memory timings to stock 5-5-5-18 from 5-4-5-15 and turned off firefox hardware acceleration

guess im lucky or it is some guru's system software config's ???

20. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Thanks a lot shadow very kind of your to help.

I tried running that program as admin but each time I open it, the sliders are back to the left?

That normal?

High performance is active and it's not showing any parked cores though, I have 6 as HT is off.

Cheers.