Rome 2: Total War?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 25, 2012.

1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Don't listen to the benchmarks. The Shogun 2 benchmark had the game at 30 FPS for me and in over 50 battles I've never seen the fps dip that low.

2. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Well my rant earlier in this thread seems to have gone, as I played this months ago at Rezzed, and vented my frustration about broken AI. I'm really disappointed but not entirely surprised, I've just lost all faith with CA, their obsession with graphics has ruined the TW series. Even in the Q&A, at their conference, they were surprised when someone asked about a return to deeper game play and to forgo the push in graphical fidelity with this iteration. They made it seem like we as fans were more interested in the spectacle rather than the depth....they just don't have a clue and since Empire i just don't think they know how to fix their engine :(

3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Really? Most of the complaints with the game was that it was too complex according to a lot of the reviews. And the bugs and AI as usual.

4. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Too complex?? From what i saw they were just putting features back in from the original TW games that had been missing from the last few which is to be applauded, but you can't sweep the bugs and AI under the carpet.

As for reviews, PC gamer gave Empire 94%! It was the last copy i ever bought from them as they flat out lied. The game was unplayable for 6 months due to 'end game' corrupted save files, patches that required you to restart campaigns, not to mention the buggy AI and boring combat. CA really have a problem with quality control but this is probably more to do with Sega.

5. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Wouldn't shock me if SEGA was rushing it too. CoH2 was also a bit rushed.

The political system they added seems pretty interesting.

Also, don't forget all the great mods. Can't wait.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game is available now. :)
    (Steam has unlocked it or what to say.)

EDIT: And the preload was updated a short while ago so this includes the patch.

7. N_Bot

N_Bot Guest

GPU:
    Asus 590GTX
    Does not appear to have a SLI profile, Tried using Shogun 2s bits (0x088000F5/0x42400005) but decreased performance

8. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    First impression. Looks bland and dull. needs more color. And the performance is terrible.

9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    OK my first impressions I just run the benchmark this morning getting 24 fps on extreme settings but god the game looks ugly compared to Shogun 2

10. Fathom216

Fathom216 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 980 GTX 4gb
    Yeah, Shogun 2 looks better and runs way nicer. Performance in this is absolutely horrible, needs patching and new drivers. With my system I'm getting like 20 fps in battles at all very high. Also, the anti aliasing is only on or off, no options at all.

11. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The anti-aliasing is MLAA lol.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Garbage - another game that is using a successful franchise to dupe people out of their cash.

No SLI and the game performs terribly on 1 GPU (not sure how much a second will help) with such a poorly coded and optimized game.

When it comes to PC exclusive games, there is no excuse - go to AMD/Nvidia before you release and get the profile sorted out.

And I know many people are saying this is a 'gaming evolved' title but there is no splash screen or endorsement to indicate that it is.

It seems like it is an 'Intel Graphics' title - something I really don't understand as Intel's 'GPUs' are not something any serious gamer associates with gaming.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Every game that has AA on/off has FXAA/MLAA..
    Total fail..

14. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Intel as it uses 4(?) cores and last Intel tech not graphics.

15. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    This, just like Coh 2.

Sega ftw, not. I won't buy another game from them, ever!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, that was a good one.

They sacrificed SLI/CF support for their much vaunted 'blizzard effect'.

Idiots :rolleyes:

17. Fathom216

Fathom216 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 980 GTX 4gb
    Interesting how this and CoH 2 both have terrible performance. Though most TW games become way better with age, I'm sure the framerate will be sorted out in a month or two.

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can agree with TW games generally getting better performance wise, Shogun 2 definitely did.

COH2 on the other hand, is and always will be a terrible game, and not just performance wise.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Do i have the day1 patch? Some1 have patch.pack in \data\ ?

20. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Have not played the game yet (still at work), but this does not sound too good. I have pre-ordered 2 games this year, and so far it looks like each one has been a mess. The first pre-order was The Bureau, and now this. Was going to pre order F1 2013, will wait until its on sale. Wasting a hell of a lot of money on unfinished games.

I think pre-ordering anything these days is not a good option.