MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 14(2013-08-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tinuz97

tinuz97 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D Ichill gtx 780 3GB
    Ah that is the problem, my bad :paranoid:

Seems to work this mod [​IMG]

2. tinuz97

tinuz97 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D Ichill gtx 780 3GB
  3. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Thanks Unwinder, that tip about finding a datasheet was enough for me to get LLC disabled :D. No more vdroop ;). Tossed the command in a startup batch file and bingo!

4. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Yes, I find them too bat fail best way...now loaded Voltage is stable and not moving.
    Thanks Alexey one more time for your hints ;)

5. K3yra7

K3yra7 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Ok guys this is getting really annoying. I put this command

[Setting]
    VDDC_Generic_Detection = 0
    VDDC_NCP4206_Detection = 3:20h

in each of my cfg files... I have 3 EVGA SC Titans, I get the '41' value with that command, but my slider in AB still only displays up to +62mv, I get no full value (1150, 1250, 1300, etc) like you guys do. I always get the + followed by a number. This is not allowing me to go past 1.212v....

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? :(

I have chilled water aching to be heated up by some 1.3v heat...

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I had the same problem. Probably for a different reason as I was flashing my 690 bios.

Anw try and completely remove Afterburner(folders/registry etc), reboob, and re-install.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Congrats ;)

8. Unwinder

That's a tweak for NVIDIA driver. QuickSync works via Intel driver, it has zero code references to NVIDIA driver. I see no chances how tweak in one driver can affect another one even in theory. It can be some hack for switchable NV/Intel platforms like Optimus or for applications supporting encoding via NVIDIA driver APIs (e.g. CUDA), but I seriously doubt that it can affect pure QuickSync applications working without any relation to NVIDIA software.

The plugin uses VBR mode. There are no plans to provide more tweaks in GUI but probably I'll make plugin source code public so community will be able to tweak it if needed.

9. Unwinder

Only one possible reason: you're not editing CFG properly. Period.

10. Unwinder

RTSS v5.3.1 will be available for download shortly. Full changes list includes:

- Direct3D9 applications no longer freeze for a few seconds after capturing video via Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin working in
    Direct3D11 mode
    - VFW compression or external plugin configuration is now being saved properly from client applications on clean installation of
    RivaTuner Statisctics Server without the need to open RivaTuner Statistics Server GUI at least once
    - Fake empty tracks and cues are no longer being written to MKV file after restarting video capture session multiple times during 3D
    application runtime
    - Improved encoding plugins architecture. Now the plugins can report multithreading safety hint to the encoding engine to force
    mutitheraded optimizations to be disabled regardless of the client application settings. Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin working in
    Direct3D9 mode uses this hint when capturing videos in Direct3D9 applications to avoid application hanging problems. Please take a
    note that it is a temporary solution, there is still a lot of room left for optimization when capturing videos in Direct3D9 applications
    via Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin working in Direct3D9 mode. In order to avoid performance penalties it is strongly recommended to
    configure Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin to use Direct3D11 codepath when possible
    - Fixed screen capture routines corrupted in the previous version
    - Added alternate experimental compatibility mode with modified Direct3D libraries. New mode is transparent for end users and
    enabled by default. Please take a note that “Custom Direct3D support” option in RivaTuner Statistics Server GUI disables new mode
    and forces the previous compatibility codepath

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

Well alright!
    You keep making it better and better i thank you again

12. Unwinder

I mean that pure QuickSync encoder implementation doesn't depend on NVIDIA driver AT ALL. Any tweaks in NV driver won't affect Intel driver functionality. Just use other applications if you believe what you're saying is correct.

13. Unwinder

A bit more rumors related to direct voltage control via NCP4206:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/13950#post_20666970

Comments given there are plain wrong. AUTO is not AB mode, AB doesn't take any control on voltage regulator when AUTO is selected, voltage is driven by VID pins of NCP4206 in this mode. And nothing is broken there. The only change with default voltage control (which is taking place when no CFG edit is applied) is that you see VRM output rather than target voltage on the graph.
    BTW due to such comments we locked direct VRM voltage monitoring via CHL8228 during RADEON 7970 launch. Seeing LLC on output voltage graphs is too confusing for many users and results in stupid claims like "AB drops voltage".

14. K3yra7

K3yra7 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Well can I get some help then please?

Each cfg profile has a [Startup] section with a few entries the nothing.

I've tried leaving one space before making a [Settings] section then below making the entries. I used the exact text as everyone else, I copied it directly off this page, using 3:20h instead of 4:20h because that is what works for my cards. Anyone get me a screenshot of their cfg file please?

15. Gojden

Gojden Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    After this update, screen capture stopped working for me. IC've tried running with Custom Direct3D support along with a few different games: Splinter Cell Blacklist, Guild Wars 2, Reus, Don't Starve and Thief Gold.

The OSD shows that circle symbol indicating a screenshot is being captured but it doesn't arrive to my chosen destination.

16. Unwinder

Don't tell me how NVIDIA driver tweaks work, I know this thing internally for more than 15 years and created tweak tools since the very first NVIDIA GPU. Yes, it is NVIDIA driver tweak. Yes, NVIDIA Inspector configures NVIDIA driver database settings only (but that's really hard to guess.from NVIDIA Inspector tool name, right?). No, you cannot apply any NVInspector tweaks to the system with AMD card and without NVIDIA driver installed. And I'm not gonna waste time on explaining you your stories, sorry.

17. Unwinder

Not from my side, sorry

18. Unwinder

Simple forum search would easily give you the answer:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=380652

19. Unwinder

Heh, quite typically after NOT getting desired reply we approach to traditional personal insults. How typical, you're not the first and definitively not the last one acting this way.

Probably my experience doesn't help but it is represented by tools I share with people. Your experience here is represented by nothing but insults. Nobody forced you to say that about your great QuickSync experience, but fine, I accept the deal:

Intel Media SDK is free and open to developers, it is really simple to create small tool that simply initialized hardware accelerated encoder session. Do it and demonstrate it working with your tweaks. I'd live to learn coding from a guru. Or you make yourself a liar and get banned here permanently. You've got 48 hours.

You, sir, are either unable to read or just stupid. The statement is absolutely correct and explains why we stated moving in this development direction, QuickSync accelerated H.264 encoder was introduced in Afterburner purposely to compete with ShadowPlay. And the plugin development has been started on the day when NVIDIA announced ShadowPlay and purely to provide alternate free realtime hardware accelerated video capture solution to those who don't own a Kepler card with NVENC onboard. It has nothing to do with MFX engine indroduction in SandyBridge.

Yes, I'm serious. And better apologize for portion of insults you throwed because of your own understanding issues.

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't run the beta but maybe this will help .
    Don't open/edit the file MSIAfterburner.cfg , your looking for a file starts with VEN_10xxxxxxxxx

then add those lines to the settings section , its already there down a bit in file. Don't make another "settings" section as that might cause issues .
    Not really sure whats wrong if your doing it in right section .

Hmm ,its posted here what to do .

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4638716&postcount=22

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013