AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You're the only person reporting issues with trying to download the driver... I'm likely to believe the issue is in no way involved with AMD directly.

Try a download manager like IDM, try downloading it from guru3d, or try a different browser.

As for switchable graphics, no issues here; just note the process I had to take (mentioned somewhere in earlier posts).

2. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    It works now, but I just have my mobile connection...

And without that process? I think that's a bit too complex. I already completely uninstalled everything from AMD, even with driver cleaner which deletes everything in the registery I think that's enough. Any other user with dual graphics ?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. colin87

colin87 Active Member

GPU:
    270x xfire
    So I submitted a survey to AMD. In Crysis 2, on both beta 1 and 2, I get texture corruption as per my other thread. Only happens on ULTRA settings. If you switch Tesselation from AMD optmized (default) to use application setting in CCC the issue is fixed. If anyone else could maybe have a look to replicate the issue, that would be great.

4. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    What tweaks are you referring to?

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Without that process, and after having 13.8 Beta 1 installed previously, I had no working Switchable Graphics and PowerPlay settings.

The process I went through is relatively easy for the most part, just takes maybe 5-10 minutes to do. An alternative would be to reinstall Windows cleanly I guess lol.

I haven't tried installing drivers on-top of a previously working driver, but maybe that might work too.

6. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    I need to do some more testing. But it seems I am getting very low fps in some games.

Neverwinter Online 15-40 fps [settings maxinum]
    Firefall 10-15 fps [settings maxinum]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Restart your computer if you haven't already.

I notice my GPU doing some weird stuff after a while, for example, Cube World's main menu plays at 200 FPS (my limit) when I first start it. I start it up again a few minutes later, and it's down to 20-30 FPS at 99% GPU usage.

No idea why. Hasn't happened at all lately though.

8. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    I get a package install failure all the time. Can't fix it even when I use driver sweeper. The driver still installs and works just fine, though I do have a question.

I have a 7990. I see no option for crossfirex in CCC. Is there supposed to be one, or is crossfirex automatically on?

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You have to have another GPU to do any kind of Crossfire and to take advantage of Frame Pacing in these drivers.

10. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    Reread what I said. I have a 7990.

11. TheBaller23

TheBaller23 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD 7870OC XFIRE
    You have A 7990.. You need TWO 7990's to enable framepacing cause it's active by crossfire

12. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    Do I really need to prove it to you guys? I remember when this forum used to have people who knew what they were talking about.

[​IMG]

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You should of probably mentioned the 7990 has more than one core on it to be fair (you're the first person I've seen with such a GPU). But I guess I learned something :)

How do you do Crossfire with other drivers? In the case with my Dual Graphics laptop, I have to manually specify games to use Crossfire.

14. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    Seeing as these beta drivers are meant for crossfire and dual GPU cards, it's a little obvious that the 7990 is in that category. Especially when it's AMD's flagship.

I have never used any other driver than 13.8b. I have only had the card for a little over 2 weeks. GPU-Z says it's active, so I'm assuming crossfireX is automatically enabled in CCC. I'd like to know for sure from someone who knows what they're talking about, though. I'm unsure of the performance. I'd say I average around 80fps on ultra @ 1920x1080 with 4xmlaa in BF3. Though I imagine that the performance will only increase as these drivers continue to update.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  15. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Is anyone able to actually play Blacklist at ultra with reasonable FPS?
    Tesellation and Parallax make it unplayable for me, and I have to turn shadows down to medium.

16. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Mouse pointer problem

Both 13.8 betas cause the mouse busy pointer to go crazy in Quicken 2013.. It spins very fast and while this is going on Quicken is very slow. I am now on 13.4 and I don't have this problem.

Does anyone else have a similar problem with any apps? Any ideas how to fix this problem? So far only Quicken seems to be affected.

I submitted this problem to AMD for both betas.

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The point I was making is, I never knew a 7990 was a dual-GPU card. Used to dual-GPU cards being labeled with a X2 or something.

Best way to check if Crossfire is even working is to have something open monitoring GPU usage, and then occasionally check both GPU's for usage. GPU-Z does this. Something that can overlay into games would be best though, like MSI Afterburner. Somethine like RadeonPro can also tell you whether or not Crossfire is enabled via OSD.

18. jobber

jobber Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 7990 1100/1575
    Yes. I get around 120fps on ultra at 1920x1080.

19. anubis44

anubis44 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 290
    "Don't get me wrong though; I in no way support that terrible pro-NVIDIA pointless rant. Wish people would just go over to what-they-assume-to-be-problem-free-but-isn't NVIDIA without announcing it to the world in such a childish manner "

No kidding. Although I've stuck with AMD Radeons since the 4000-series, last year, I finally decided I'd give the GTX670 a try. Despite the fact that it has 2GB vs. 3GB (and I have a 3 monitor setup) and cost >$100 more than the 7950, I thought, 'yeah, nVidia has GREAT drivers! Why not!'

Long story short, the nVidia drivers were crap with my 3 monitor setup. I had to go through a 15 step process after installing them to get all 3 monitors to display a picture, since the nVidia drivers were defaulting to a 59MHz refresh, which killed the picture on 2 of my 3 LG monitors, and it was a big pain in the ass. The coup de grace was that I had to go through this process every time I upgraded to a new driver. After about a month of these shennanigans, I decided to sell the GTX670 while I could still unload it on some nVidiot who was willing to pay nearly the same price as new, and bought Gigabyte Windforce 7950 for nearly $100 less. After installing the latest catalyst driver, I had all three monitors fully configured in eyefinity with bezel compensation within 5 minutes. I also have 3GB of video memory instead of 2GB (which HardOCP kept sneering was not needed - yeah, rrrriiiggghhttt), and the dual bios on my Radeon has allowed me to try several different bioses with ease (finally settled on the Gigabyte 7970 bios - 1000MHz core/1375MHz memory rock solid).

I'll stick with AMD, thank you very much.

20. hmanlow

hmanlow Guest

GPU:
    SapphireHD7850@910/1350
    I'll stick with AMD, thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO... AMD RULES..!!!! :banana: