Nvidia GeForce 326.80 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    I hate to be one of these guys, but I play bf3 nearly every night and this does not happen on my system with these or any from the 314.22s on.

2. Arioch

Arioch Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    There is something wrong with 3D Vision with these drivers. For example, in Witcher 2 I get some synch issues were I get flashing with my glasses on and there are 3D anomalies. A couple games would lock up in 3D shortly after launching. I had no such issues on the 326.41 or or 320.49 drivers.

I am using Windows 8 64-bit by the way. I tried re-installing them a second time but got the same issues. Everything worked fine again after going back to 326.41.

3. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Thumb up.

4. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    No problems with any of the 325 drivers for my SLI 560ti cards.

5. BigZ

BigZ Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 6870
    I have a problem with all beta drivers after the official 320.49.
    Please read and help.

I have connected my HTPC to a Pioneer SC-LX75 receiver via HDMI. The receiver is connected to a plasma tv, using HDMI 2 input on tv.
    The beta graphics drivers crashes if I change the input on my tv from HDMI 2 to the integrated TV tuner. When changing back to pc, the resolution has changed from 1080p to 1024x768, and the driver/computer crashes when moving the mouse.
    With 320.49 driver this never happens.
    Anyone?

6. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Nope, that's not what I meant either. Never experienced what's in those screenshots.

When already running around on a map, some textures such as rocks seems to pop in half a second later, counting from the moment you actually look in that direction, after everything else it already -instantly- loaded.

Never experienced this on my old card, HD7950. Though I can't recall if this was present in pre-325 drivers for me.

I think that that's what audiodistortion meant aswell by his phrasing "texture timing bug". But I could be wrong. :)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. audiodistortion

audiodistortion Guest

GPU:
    Titan X(P) + 980(PhysX)
    Maybe it's an SLI related issue... it's so annoying and happens in every driver after 314.07

8. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Well I'm running a single 680, so I doubt it. If we're talking about the same thing atleast.

9. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Yea i've seen this. I also have seen where your character moves left or right and he is like lagging. Even though your ping is fine and have no video lag, when moving left or right, it's like your guy is stutter stepping instead of actually straffing. Never had this before but have noticed since having the latest whql drivers.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  10. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    There is no doubt about it the issue is much more pronounced with multi gpu configurations. I had to roll back to 326.41 simply because of usage tanking and the stuttering being worse with these latest betas.

WHY IS MY USAGE FLUCTUATING SO WILDLY AND WHY IS IT SO LOW MOST OF THE TIME?

Seriously, why am I still dipping into the 40's with an i7 at 4GHz and sli 670's with most of the settings on low at 1080p in this game (BF3)?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've had no issues with these drivers so far so all is good.

However, I'm a little annoyed that NVIDIA enabled the SHIELD streaming service by default even though I have it unchecked in GeForce Experience's options. That really needs to change IMO. Why have a service running that the vast majority of people have no need of? At the very least the service should be set to Manual by default. :3eyes:

12. Satin_Knight

Satin_Knight Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    I have a rig using the EVGA 550ti OC, but I'm not seeing any issues with the 326.80 like I had with the other 320 drivers.

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah it's the same engine on PS3, but it was built on PC and ported to PS3. PC looks 100x better than PS3 easily due to low res textures on PS3. The PC version has way more Graphics options and features even without DX11 at this point.

I welcome DX11 though any day.

But yet again this is another case of different configs, different tweaks and OC's. Not everybody has the issue on 4xx,5xx cards, yet some do.

People jump to think just because they have issues with their system, everybody does.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  14. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    weird, i have that card, its been w/ me since 2011 and no problems thank God. Did you tinker with it in any way at any time?

15. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    BF3's issues are no longer driver issues, its in the software. You can wait 5 more years and still no driver will please you. have you switched to an ATI card? is it problem free?

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Cpu weak i have ivybridge i5 oc to 4.6 and its goes to 90-95 cpu usage with single gtx 670 so 2 of them need higher cpu i say haswell i7 for bf4 prof
    Use hwinfo for monitor your cores/treads onscreen in game

17. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I tried something on my 550ti that helped. I disabled Firefox Hardware Acceleration after reading it might be related to issues with these latest drivers:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...bility-feedback-thread-/post/3894712/#3894712

Now my 550ti rig is stable so far with 360.80. So would anyone having issues try reinstalling 360.80, disable Firefox hardware acceleration (restart your pc after to play it safe) and see how it goes? I'm kind of interested to see if this fixes it for other people.

I have no doubt there's still OTHER issues with drivers after 314.22, ManualG is even accepting people living in the US to send in their cards for them to pinpoint what's going on. They're also taking crash reports too:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread-/

18. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    There's several issues with Firefox, and not all affect everyone. From what I have read some sites seem to not play well with hardware accelleration and the plugins they load (Apple and sites with embedded video players that are offsite etc). Apple.com is notorious for crashing immediately for Fermi users (4xxx, 5xxx & lower 6xxx) and FF 23.0 and above (iirc).

But Firefox was documented to have issues with the people who are experiencing TDR's too in 4/5/low 6 series cards (fermi based) and with those who have the 36 hour TDR's too. It seems to still be related to power management states for FF related crashes, but this gets more complicated when people are running multiple monitors (affecting 2d/low power 3d states for the gpu), different windows power profiles (balanced, energy star, custom profiles, high performance etc). Again it's more complicated when there's a mixture of 4-5 generations of power states & clocks from Intel at play too (RTC, HPET & beyond...).

The TDR's for 7 series cards aren't the same issue but again having a backgrounded 3D program (or firefox 23+) seems to increase problems...

So firefox is singled out for having recently 'become a fully accellerated application' that may have a mixture of flash, flash video, html5 video & audio players all loaded.

Fwiw I have a 460 & 580 that both have crashes in games with anything above 314.xx, and instead of TDR's I get crashes when trying to access via remote desktop or wake from a state where the monitor has been asleep 4+ hours but the machine isn't (due to serving media or etc). Always in the GPU's driver & Aero...

And any older card I've seen has almost as many problems...especially on Core2 era systems and early nehelem...which makes me wonder again what system clocks are used in those machines (RTC still forced in bios?)

19. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    When the 320s first came out I had to set everything in the control panel to "prefer maximum performance" to kind of force it to run without crashing. I've also had to do this on an unrelated and separate issue with a 480 that kept giving me (and a nvidia thread full of hundreds of other people) all kinds of trouble. But in that case it was hardware related and all the software workarounds to force it to run involved NOT stressing it. Kind of like when you overclock and can boot into Windows but when running Prime95 you'll BSOD. But, even with this case being driver related, when you start working around drivers to get something working, something is ****ed up.

See if you can't send in those crashes, if you haven't already.

"For more advanced users, especially on desktop or while browsing Firefox, it would be helpful if you could provide us dump files from your system."

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread-/

I was tempted to even mail my 550ti in for them to play with.

20. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Jesus i have an HD7970 and i start to think it's very good(driver related) in this section i read only complain...
    Now are Nvidia drivers so bad for BF3? i wanted sell my hd7970 for a gtx 680 classified... but now i'm starting to think it's better to keep mine... any suggestion?