AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I have it disabled on my laptop since I was tired of certain programs not being able to see the dGPU until it was active. GPU-Z was the worst offender by causing the entire computer to BSoD lol.

Not sure if it affects performance though. Might slightly affect battery.

2. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    13.8 v2 installed fine here on my rig today. I modified install cfg file, used the option to update the driver. now it works fine.

got no idea what was wrong yesterday

3. Jet

Jet Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Odd. Well, I tried gaming with The Witcher II, Assassin's creed III and Tomb Raider, I kept getting very frequent frame rate drops, and that's even after I lowered the graphic quality just to test it out. I'm beginning to wonder whether the issue is with my video card.

4. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Great Drivers, "IL-2 1946" WIN7 64! :D

5. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    For the first time in many years I repeatedly get a total system freeze using 13.8 Beta2. Even Task Manager freezes (Win7 x64). Have to press RESET button on PC cabinet.

I think it's related to .NET v4.5 that is installed with the drivers. Even before the 13.8 drivers I tried .NET 4.5 and it had problems, so I reverted back to v4.0 then.

So I'm back to 13.6 which works fine for me.

6. jazzie

jazzie Guest

GPU:
    powercolor hd7790 turbodu
    i'm having problem when playing heroes of newerth
    the fps usually 60+

but for this driver it drops to 20-30

which is unplayable for me

anybody got this problem?

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Guess I'll install them soon, then.

8. Gaz

Gaz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290X WindForce
    I don't know if this will be helpful. But I've been having a problem since 12.x and almost all from 13.x and Windows 8 that when some games uses crossfire(5970 here) the game runs for like 5 seconds, some artifacts kick in and windows freezes.

For the first time this is over! v2 Drivers Fixed it!

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Ended up getting a BSOD... which is actually a red screen instead... but no error or anything simple system freeze and after like 30 secs it reboots. It doesn't seem to be happening as frequently as it was with the original 13.8s, so something might have been changed that has it working better... I'll see how often it happens, but I might revert back to the 13.6s again. :bang:

10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    13.6 beta 2 are in my opinion the best drivers ever... with a bit tweaks they can run all maxed without errors blocks ecc...

11. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Well, it seems like I'm getting a freeze now every time it's anything that is using crossfire, so these drivers are basically exactly the same as the other ones.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I actually installed the set once again after reading this post and after testing a few games (Dead Space 3, Most Wanted and Tomb Raider) I think I may have to agree with you. They really made a difference over what I was using.

They installed flawlessly on Win 8.1 also which these new sets won't. Thanks for the tip man! :)

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have no such issue, not even on 13.8b. I remember mouse slowing in top left corner years ago fix took about 1 year :)

As for mouse, I was always using CPL mouse fix originally developed for Counter Strike 1.6 and Win XP. It worked somehow on W7 too, much better than default system acceleration.
    Now I use MarkC_Windows7_MouseFix which proclaims to be pretty much universal. Well it removes mouse acceleration on W7, so it does what it promises.

Maybe you can give it a shot instead of magnifier, which apparently affects mouse acceleration too.

14. 3LIT3-1

3LIT3-1 Member

GPU:
    2X 1080TI
    Still getting mouse flickering with these drivers.. also had to disable ULPS to get my cards to have equal loads in game. Otherwise drivers are great for me .. My 7970's show minor improvments in fps in most major titles.. bf3 .. grid 2 ..nfsmw .. tombraider 2012 etc.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  15. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    1920x1280? what the hell is that?

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

My thoughts exactly lol; I never heard of such a resolution... But I guess someone somewhere must use it :p

Hopefully the performance gains also affect other resolutions...

17. Heuchler

Heuchler Guest

AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series Video Cards Will Support DirectX 11.2 After Driver Update

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-rad...pport-directx-11-2-after-driver-update_121841

“The Radeon™ HD 7000 series hardware architecture is fully DirectX 11.2-capable when used with a driver that enables this feature. AMD is planning to enable DirectX 11.2 with a driver update in the Windows® 8.1 launch timeframe in October, when DirectX® 11.2 ships. Today, AMD is the only GPU manufacturer to offer fully-compatible DirectX 11.1 support, and the only manufacturer to support Tiled Resources Tier-2 within a shipping product stack.” - AMD PR

"Windows 8.1 Preview introduced DirectX 11.2, which brings a host of new features to improve performance in your games and graphics apps. The standout feature appears to be Direct3D tiled resources, which allows developers to easily use both GPU and system memory (RAM) to store textures. Microsoft has confirmed that DirectX 11.2 will be exclusive to Windows 8.1 and the Xbox One."

18. Dementis

Dementis Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 980 ti Amp EXtreme
    Drivers installed fine no problems there, Dota 2, Planetside 2, F1 2012 running fine
    and Star Wars: The Old Republic runs a lot smoother than previous driver that I was using, the cert drivers 13.4 & 13.5 cap1 profile.

Some 3Dmark firestrike results with cert drivers 13.4 & 13.5 cap1 profile.

Cert drivers 13.4 & 13.5 cap1 3Dmark Firestrike

and with AMD Catalyst™ 13.8 Beta2 both windows 7 64bit ed.

AMD Catalyst™ 13.8 Beta2 3Dmark Firestrike

Just if anyone wants to see difference between my old CPU (AMD Phenom II 1100t) overclocked to 3.9ghz using

Cert drivers 13.4 & 13.5 cap1 3Dmark Firestrike

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  19. hmanlow

hmanlow Guest

GPU:
    SapphireHD7850@910/1350
    any driver software needed?

20. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Lol I tried to download the mobility drivers again but it seems they still didnt fixed it. It still was only 54 mb or it was 233 mb but the download failed at 53,99 mb what a mess with AMD.

Do people still have the missing switchable graphics menu issue with dual graphics in beta2? If yes, pls report it to AMD